Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2016, 11:41   #4366
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
1) FE: either under-inflation of tyres, or bad fuel, or air filter. My SA says nothing much to tinker around.
2) Visit to TASS should help.
Air filter most likely.
Fuel you can feel the knocking or lack of smoothness. At least that has been my experience.
Old 4th September 2016, 15:36   #4367
BHPian

Will do sirs. Somehow I feel that there is somerhing with the aircon. The compressor might be an issue and I get the feeling that it is drawimg too mich power. There is a distinct change in idling RPM the moment the aircon is turned on. Will check the air filter too. Have taken fuel from three different bunks and got the same results, so dont think that the quality of the fuel is an issue.
Old 4th September 2016, 23:36   #4368
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone have a pic of the inside of the centre-console ?
Old 5th September 2016, 00:08   #4369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
... At the same time, the AC makes a loud whirring noise anytime the fan speed is more than 2. Any pointers?
If you have used the external circulation mode any time, some dust / debri may have gone into the blower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
... There is a distinct change in idling RPM the moment the aircon is turned on...
For all vehicles, there will be an additional 50-100 rpm difference in idle rpm when AC is switched on. If your vehicle's is within this limit, nothing to worry.
Old 15th September 2016, 16:39   #4370
BHPian

2018 Tata Safari rendered based on the Land Rover Discovery Sport

Quote:
New generation Safari will be based on the same L550 platform, on which the now-discontinued Land Rover Discovery was based. Being developed in association with Land Rover engineers, the new Tata Safari will be a global SUV. Carrying a bit of Land Rover design language, updated engine options which will be more refined and powerful than the current one, more features, luxurious interiors and so on.

Powering the new Tata Safari will be a completely new 2.0 liter diesel engine. This is the same engine which Jeep will be using in their affordable made-in-India SUVs. Expect the power output to be in the range of 150 hp and 320 Nm.

Expected to be priced in the range of INR 10 lakh, new generation Safari SUV will be offered in a 7 seat arrangement. It will be primarily competing with Mahindra Scorpio, which is one of the best-selling cars in the segment.
source: https://www.rushlane.com/2018-tata-s...-12206110.html
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-2018tatasafarirender810x540.jpg  

Last edited by kalleo4 : 15th September 2016 at 16:43.
kalleo4 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 19:27   #4371
Senior - BHPian

Can see similarities with the Hexa in the design language, so quite possible that the production version will look exactly like this.
Old 15th September 2016, 19:36   #4372
BHPian

I doubt because that would be cannibalizing the Range Rover/Land Rover designs and devaluing the existing cars.

I am sure they will do a Hexa style make over to the Safari but would be cautious to avoid glaring similarities to the Land/Range Rover series to avoid branding/perception issues. My two cents, i could be wrong
Old 16th September 2016, 01:07   #4373
Distinguished - BHPian

Since this is something the mag has done to create an article, we shouldn't even be bothering to discuss it. Only once we see the concept from the company / camouflaged vehicles, the design cues could be extracted.
swiftnfurious is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 14:30   #4374
Team-BHP Support

Very creative Tata Safari Storme Print ad -

Are there tweets you'd rather hear, than read?
Locations you'd visit that search engines can't find?
Enjoy experiences that you don't need to 'like'
Go places that are already in silent mode

Safari Storme, Reclaim Your Life.
SmartCat is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 12:40   #4375
BHPian

Distinguished BHPians

I have drooled over the Safari ever since I first saw it in 1999. No other SUV has come close to ruling my heart ever since. Over the years, the Safari has undergone many changes and updates, both minor and major. Each time I cringed at what they did to the 'new' Safari, the latest blow being the removal of the spare from the back door. But no matter what they do to it, the feeling of admiration grows back again!

Now after completing my studies, I am now in a place where I can finally buy one for myself with my hard earned money. The catch being, it is hard earned, so practicality does seem to rear its ugly head once in a while and makes me ask, in today's time, is it still a wise choice to buy a Safari? My only concern is that the model is soon going to be a couple of decades wise. So is it possible that it might be laid to rest?

Your views and comments please?
Old 18th October 2016, 13:14   #4376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
The catch being, it is hard earned, so practicality does seem to rear its ugly head once in a while and makes me ask, in today's time, is it still a wise choice to buy a Safari? My only concern is that the model is soon going to be a couple of decades wise. So is it possible that it might be laid to rest?

I am not a Distinguished Bhpian but still my views are as follows:
  1. It is never 'WISE' to spend your hard earned money on any car that you DO NOT NEED. Practically the car should be purchased when you NEED that car (whatever car you eventually buy) and not WANT that car.
  2. Remember it says 'Reclaim Your Life', which I presume that you do not have to, just after completing your studies
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 13:55   #4377
BHPian

Quote:
Now after completing my studies, I am now in a place where I can finally buy one for myself with my hard earned money. The catch being, it is hard earned, so practicality does seem to rear its ugly head once in a while and makes me ask, in today's time, is it still a wise choice to buy a Safari? My only concern is that the model is soon going to be a couple of decades wise. So is it possible that it might be laid to rest?

My two cents:
If Safari is 'the' vehicle you have always dreamt of owning, then I cannot think of one good reason to dissuade you It's a mature product with most niggles sorted. The Storme is far easier to manage (than Dicor, of which I have extensive experience) in city thanks to the super light clutch and turning radius. And there's a contrarian thought many at Team BHP hold which I also agree; better to pick a mature niggle free product at the end of its life cycle than try a new one (some exceptions aside). If you are looking at a 5 years plus ownership then resale shouldn't be too much of a bother. And Tata seems to be finally getting its act together so hopefully would be alive and kicking for many more years.

The question you should be asking yourself is whether an SUV would serve your needs best or not. For everyday office commute kind of a lifestyle, its an overkill and one tends to appreciate this after some time. I see your location as Chd, and personally speaking, I find a good fast hatch/sedan as much more enjoyable everyday drive here.
Old 18th October 2016, 14:02   #4378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I'd say look for a used Storme . You may get a good deal as the resale isn't great. This way you don't lose out a lot on your hard earned money if you sell it soon . It would strike a right balance between practicality and your dreams of owning one.

It's very unlikely that the Safari brand will be completely laid to rest by Tata.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 18th October 2016 at 14:08.
Old 18th October 2016, 14:28   #4379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Now after completing my studies, I am now in a place where I can finally buy one for myself with my hard earned money. The catch being, it is hard earned, so practicality does seem to rear its ugly head once in a while and makes me ask, in today's time, is it still a wise choice to buy a Safari? My only concern is that the model is soon going to be a couple of decades wise...
To be conservative, it isn't the best time to own a car unless one has 3 times the amount to dispose. Why? Because what comes with it, are expenses on upkeep (maintenance & even occassional repairs), travel costs (fuel, toll, hotels, experiences, shopping) and ofcourse, contingencies!

As much as you'd get parts easily for the next decade, the Safari is afterall in its last few years before which TATA will bring in an all-new line-up of cars. It isn't doing fabulous numbers, and will likely depreciate like a rock.

The age between 22 -32 are very crucial & form the base of a strong career that can take you anywhere. You're the new gen! You'll are among those pesky kids who want to turn fixed expenses into variable & smartly, experience it all ! Why tie yourself down ?

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 18th October 2016 at 14:42.
GrammarNazi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 10:04   #4380
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi,
I am planning to pick up a used storme as soon as time permits. I just had one query about the turning radius. The earlier safari had a humongous one. Is this better?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks