Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2016, 14:50   #4396
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post
Thank you Vikram, Tyre pressure, alignment & balancing done recently, all good. What could be other suspects.

This is from long time and I was told it was due to tyres, now with new tyres, it is still same.
Just confirming that you got the wheel alignment, balancing done from outside Tata Dealership/Service Center? If no, then you may want to try that. I had a similar issue with the steering vibration, and I got the wheel alignment and balancing done inside TASS twice but it would come back within a month or so. Then decided to go for the alignment and balancing outside TASS and so far it has been more than 6 months and more than 4000 kms and no vibrations at all.

If that does not resolve the issue, then you might want to try getting your tires checked for any wobbles etc. You can get the same checked outside at a good tyre franchise outlet like Bridgestone.

Cheers!
Old 28th December 2016, 23:14   #4397
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post
however I still see vibration in steering at low speeds. Other thing is fuel efficiency has gone down quite a bit... Getting around 10km
If it is not the tires and rims, that leaves only the suspension components and the steering linkages to be checked. Also, it would be prudent to drive a new vehicle to compare them. If they are there too, you could consider them a TML standard feature.

For the FE, I would recommend you check your fuel station, switch over to a different outlet for the next couple of tank fills and compare the numbers. You could also use System-D to further improve it.
Old 5th January 2017, 17:13   #4398

Hai

can you please share the info regarding a good wheel alignment and balancing shop outside tass as im also facing similar problem from last few months.
gaganchugh06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 19:36   #4399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaganchugh06 View Post
Hai

can you please share the info regarding a good wheel alignment and balancing shop outside tass as im also facing similar problem from last few months.
I get it done from Bridgestone outlet in Noida. They are usually very good dealing with anything related to wheels.

Cheers!
Old 26th January 2017, 20:06   #4400
BHPian

I started experiencing issues with head unit of my Safari Storme. The touch seems to be erratic and then the unit starts to play on its own. The music volume goes up on its own without any input from my end, the radio channels changes automatically without any input etc.

I showed the same to TASS and they said that it has been an issue with the head unit for many fellow Storme owners who have this unit. The only solution they suggested is getting the unit replaced but since mine is out of warranty so I would have to pay for the same.

Anyone knows if I can get the same repaired from some place in Delhi NCR? Any other suggestions are welcome.

Cheers!
Old 26th January 2017, 23:52   #4401
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Anyone knows if I can get the same repaired from some place in Delhi NCR? Any other suggestions are welcome.
Is this one of those touch screens that was fitted as an OE equipment? If so, can please post a short video of what is happening?
Old 27th January 2017, 10:20   #4402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Is this one of those touch screens that was fitted as an OE equipment? If so, can please post a short video of what is happening?
Yes this one is an OE equipment. I would try and capture a short video of what's happening.

Cheers!
Old 31st January 2017, 15:12   #4403

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 9th February 2017 at 10:54.
gaganchugh06 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th February 2017, 12:33   #4404
Distinguished - BHPian

The high-tone horn unit going kaput again. :(

Quote:
Has anybody got the K&N air filter fitted in Storme? I wanted to go for the same but unable to see the Storme on their list.
Dont remember anyone sharing such information. Why do you want to do this ? Have you read the threads on K&N filters before coming to the point of looking to change the filter ?
Old 9th February 2017, 17:58   #4405
BHPian

Quote:
I started experiencing issues with head unit of my Safari Storme. The touch seems to be erratic and then the unit starts to play on its own. The music volume goes up on its own without any input from my end, the radio channels changes automatically without any input etc.

I showed the same to TASS and they said that it has been an issue with the head unit for many fellow Storme owners who have this unit. The only solution they suggested is getting the unit replaced but since mine is out of warranty so I would have to pay for the same.

Cheers!
I had the same issue last summer, no need to replace the unit. The touchscreen is the culprit. Go to any car stereo repair shop and they will replace the touch screen for anything between 1500-2000 Rs. I replaced mine for INR 1800 and its been working fine for last 8 months.
garyag79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 15:29   #4406
BHPian

Folks,

Last week had driven to Kasargod via Kochi.

On the day of return trip my storme would not start. On examination found the bellows (the small black balloon like thing) had been punctured by rodents and diesel was leaking and no diesel flow.

It was early Sunday morning with great difficulty after 3 hours caught hold of a local mechanic(No 24x7 number was answered etc by Tata and no response from KVR tata -Kasargod dealer).

He applied Fevitight glue and somehow started the car, since had to drive to Chennai (Close to 740kms ) and to avoid overheating and melting of glue put a wet cloth around it and kept making it wet every 75 kms, managed to reach Chennai with my heart pounding all along and at a steady 80km/h only (Mileage was 15.70).

This morning went to Concorde ECR, they wanted Rs 4800/ for spare and Rs 1200 ++ taxes for replacing this part.
Returned, will try and get original spare in open market and get it fitted outside.

Cheers.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th March 2017 at 11:45. Reason: Post edited. Please always use spaces AFTER punctuation marks (and not before).
Old 24th March 2017, 15:34   #4407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
This morning went to Concorde ECR ,they wanted Rs 4800/ for spare and Rs 1200 ++ taxes for replacing this part.
Have had this problem. I dont think the part costs that much, but still expensive for a rubber part. ( Dont remember the price).
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 19:34   #4408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Have had this problem. I dont think the part costs that much, but still expensive for a rubber part. ( Dont remember the price).
True, tata motors spare parts are priced quite higher than the actual quality(aukad) of the material to be frank. Also some parts you need to buy in assembly instead of child parts been made available. (example buy the whole fluid reservoir if the cap is lost)
On top of that they pay the vendors peanuts for manufacturing the parts (yes all manufacturers do that)
Vendor is not happy for the price he gets, Customer is not happy for the price he pays , but Tata is not too keen to change this system.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 21:12   #4409
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Returned ,will try and get original spare in open market and get it fitted outside.
Cheers.
When you come GP Road, on the right side at the corner of GP Road & Woods Road, there is a shop called RK, who the supplier for OE Mahindra parts for the Chennai jeeps. A few shops before his, is the Tata OE Spares supplier. I think they are related.

Ask Vijay in RK auto and he will tell you which is the Tata OE spares shot. When I put a 3.1 Liter Isuzu engine in my jeep, I wanted the 3.0 Dicor Air Filter assembly and that is were I picked up from.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 21:31   #4410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On the day of return trip my storme would not start.On examination found the bellow(The small black ballon like thing) had been punctured by rodents and diesel was leaking and no diesel flow.
From what I understand, the bellow is used to pump fuel to the fuel-pump in a situation where fuel from the tank is not reaching the pump. ( like when fuel in tank is less).

In a situation where the bellow is punctured, the fuel supply would have been affected.

So is there any possibility to by-pass this bellow ( by using a make-shift arrangement like a pipe in place of the bellow ?

Secondly, some sort of protection may help. May be 2-3 layers of metal wire mesh wound around the bellow ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks