Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2019, 12:27   #4531
Aum
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aum View Post
As per them wiring has been checked and there is no issue.
Update on the issue. Issue seemed to be due to autocop security system. after removing it i hae driven around 1000 Km no issues yet. have not been to long drive hence that tick mark is missing.
Aum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 20:54   #4532
Distinguished - BHPian

For folks who ask if the Storme can last long - I came across this ad on OLX for a 2013 Storme on sale. The owner - one Mr Bhatt. The vehicle is on sale by Manickbag Auto, Belgaum

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-storme228krun.jpg

https://www.olx.in/item/tata-safari-...iid-1521028339
condor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 08:15   #4533
BHPian

Needed some advice on a navigation system for Storme. I am looking to mount a navigation system to help navigate on long journeys. I read about android HU which can be used as a infotainment unit. Now the greedy me is thinking whether I can include rear camera also along with an on board sim unit so that it makes the infotainment unit a wireless one
Needed some help to understand whether it is worth it, potential units available and how and where can it be mounted
The truck is now 83k old and chugging along. After seeing some of the new launches Harrier , Hector and Seltos I just feel the Storme beats them hands down in driving comfort
Also need help on a good garage which can fit the above
The other issue I have is that the rear seats are not locking properly in the locks. This makes the backside of the seat come forward while breaking. Thanks to a seriously poor job by Pensee leathers this has come up. Need to get it fixed in a garage
Lastly I am thinking of moving to a third party garage in bangalore for servicing. Is this a good proposition given that vehicle is out of warranty and with a third party I will probably spend lesser. I had used Wheels Wisdom earlier who used to take it to a Tata service center. Their policy has now changed and they are offering a third party service center only
Please share your thoughts
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 08:33   #4534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Also need help on a good garage which can fit the above
The other issue I have is that the rear seats are not locking properly in the locks.
Regarding fitting the navigation unit, I am suspicious about the quality of work by these accessories shops.

Just recently, Harish Subramanyam of one of the Bangalore groups got an Android double-DIN unit fitted into the centre console. Varun's brilliant work here has made it a top-notch fit. The pic from the FB post is here:

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-69029576_2382090035200598_6078985711623602176_n.jpg

The storage space is now converted, though.

Regarding the locking of the rear-seat, what I do is hold the lever, push the seat in with a little force and then release it. Just pushing in the seat doesnt always lock it into position.

Also, where are you getting your service done ?
condor is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 08:46   #4535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Just recently, Harish Subramanyam of one of the Bangalore groups got an Android double-DIN unit fitted into the centre console. Varun's brilliant work here has made it a top-notch fit. The pic from
Woww, that is an excellent fit and more so also because the AC controls have also been relocated! If I recall, had read somewhere on the forum that the relocation was impossible given the routing of the pipes and other paraphernalia, behind the dashboard. Great stuff!
Old 5th September 2019, 08:54   #4536
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Woww, that is an excellent fit and more so also because the AC controls have also been relocated! If I recall, had read somewhere on the forum that the relocation was impossible given the routing of the pipes and other paraphernalia, behind the dashboard.
This was not an easy installation and the total effort cost a bit to do. What's also impressive is that the fitting was done at home. They had to improvise a lot. Note that the AC unit piping has not been touched because that one is behind the clock. The area behind the AC controls doesnt have much space there. Wiring had to be adapted to manage all this, but knowing Varun, he would not damage the OE wiring (like many accessories shops do). The mounting for the A/c controls was done with 3D printing.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 09:42   #4537
BHPian

Quote:
This was not an easy installation and the total effort cost a bit to do. What's also impressive is that the fitting was done at home. They had to improvise a lot. Note that the AC unit piping has not been touched because that one is behind the clock. The area behind the AC controls doesnt have much space there. Wiring had to be adapted to manage all this, but knowing Varun, he would not damage the OE wiring (like many accessories shops do). The mounting for the A/c controls was done with 3D printing.
This is superb. Wish Safari had come with this kind of console earlier. Would you happen to know where it was done and how much it costed. I would like to explore this as an option
Alternatively, any standalone navigation system which can be mounted on the dash top and can be folded when not in use should also be an interesting option
I give my car to the Tata Service Center in Hebbal (aadya). They have been doing a good job till now. Last time service was done in an external center through Wheels Wisdom at Ultra Auto Crate near Horamavu
Old 5th September 2019, 09:51   #4538
BHPian

Quote:
This was not an easy installation and the total effort cost a bit to do.
Rightly said @condor, full credits to the installer and also the owner for biting the bullet, and going ahead with such a complex installation!
Can't help but think of all the excellent and skilled manpower available overall in Bangalore. This is now added to my ever-growing wishlist of customizations that I'd like to do on mine, albeit post the 5 yr milestone.
Old 5th September 2019, 09:53   #4539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just recently, Harish Subramanyam of one of the Bangalore groups got an Android double-DIN unit fitted into the centre console. Varun's brilliant work here has made it a top-notch fit.
Quote:
This was not an easy installation and the total effort cost a bit to do. What's also impressive is that the fitting was done at home. They had to improvise a lot.
The mounting for the A/c controls was done with 3D printing.
Boy I must say this is superb. Kudos to "Varun" and his team for the work done. Its more than what the word "professional" can cover. Its literally mooning Tata Motors with 3D goggles! They could never achieve anything usable for owners of Tata Safari in any generation. Was quite ironic considering that the car actually offers virtually infinite space to play with.

Well done!
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 09:54   #4540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Rightly said @condor, full credits to the installer ...
Can't help but think of all the excellent and skilled manpower available overall in Bangalore.
No sir, Varun is not an installer. He is a fellow enthusiast, and a Storme owner. I am not really aware of the manpower you mentioned
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 11:44   #4541
BHPian

Quote:
No sir, Varun is not an installer. He is a fellow enthusiast, and a Storme owner. I am not really aware of the manpower you mentioned
Ah, I had the exact same thought, rather doubt, albeit after I'd posted! My apologies if my post offended Varun or others in any manner, was unintentional

Anyways, the fact remains and this install proves that one of the major achilles heel of the Storme can be addressed and how.
Old 5th September 2019, 12:13   #4542
Senior - BHPian

Thats a great integration. It really looks like OE. Tempts me to look up costs for 3D printers.

Even with all the advertisement talk of Harman and speaker quality, TML always underestimates the power of a good HU in selling a car. Just a good HU on launch or even as a facelift would have given Storme atleast 10 percent more sales. MG is virtually selling HUs instead of cars.
padmrajravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 12:37   #4543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Boy I must say this is superb. Kudos to "Varun" and his team for the work done. Its more than what the word "professional" can cover.

Well done!
Quote:
My apologies if my post offended Varun or others in any manner, was unintentional
Anyways, the fact remains and this install proves that one of the major achilles heel of the Storme can be addressed and how.
Varun acknowledges all your messages. The team was Varun and Harish Subramanyam - they did this together. Harish designed it, and Varun worked on the wiring. Together, they have demonstrated what Tata could have done at OEM level. Hats off to both of them !

Reinhard - what we are seeing is the passion by both of them - for what was done, and for the Storme.

Avinash, yes many things can be done. But people would need to put in the effort and bear the required cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Thats a great integration. It really looks like OE. ... TML always underestimates the power of a good HU in selling a car. Just a good HU on launch or even as a facelift would have given Storme atleast 10 percent more sales. MG is virtually selling HUs instead of cars.
Absolutely, Ravi. Agree with you. A small effort by TML with things like these could have transformed the Storme.

Last edited by condor : 5th September 2019 at 12:41.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 17:10   #4544
BHPian

Friends, I see a bit of rusting near the area where you have the scuff plates in the rear door . Please suggest if I should go for a paint job or, is there a DIY job i can do as it is very little I see now ?
Old 10th October 2019, 16:01   #4545
BHPian

Dears, need some help on how to replace the fog lamp bulbs of storme. Is it easily accessible through the wheel well or should the whole bumper needs to be removed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks