Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2022, 11:50   #4786
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post
You may want to check the battery. My Zest threw a lot of tantrums including check engine light when battery was weak.
Will do. However, i changed the battery just 2 months back and have regularly driven the truck post that including a 1250 km trip to Gokarna last month.
Old 5th March 2022, 12:22   #4787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Will do. However, i changed the battery just 2 months back and have regularly driven the truck post that including a 1250 km trip to Gokarna last month.
There were a few known issues - BCM, Main relay, Something plugged into OBD. The last one should be easy to check, the others will need the help of a competent electrician.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 14:57   #4788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
There were a few known issues - BCM, Main relay, Something plugged into OBD. The last one should be easy to check, the others will need the help of a competent electrician.
I'm addition to what @Kosfactor has said, do a check for rat bites too.
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 16:37   #4789
BHPian

Checked for rat intrusion or bites. Didn't notice anything or their paw marks anywhere, my engine bay is quite dusty.

Observed that the radiator fan is also not spinning when i started the engine. I shut it down. Will take it down to TASS (4 kms away) on Monday/Tuesday.
Old 6th March 2022, 19:40   #4790
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: The midlife crisis for me and my ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsam View Post
I had injectors cleaned by Mohan Bhai at Naveen diesels in Mumbai a few months backs. After it was done there was this weird new knocking sound for a few seconds when accelerator is pushed. Took it to TASS and as per there lead mechanic it is because the injectors are cleaned and after settling of some carbon it wouldn’t be there. I don’t understand that logic because if that’s the case then new storme should also make that sound. Anyways, delphi injectors guys were called for a deep scanning which said all things are good and no issues.
Cars usually have a knock sensor and that should trigger a warning if there’s anything to worry about.

If by the knocking sound you mean like a rough crackle kind of sound while accelerating exists only when the engine is under load and in between a certain rpm band?

I had a similar situation with our duster. Its injectors were not touched at all. After the ECM change, I was experiencing this issue. It settled in after 2-3 months of use. The injector systems have sort of machine learning algorithm. Not only for the individual injector, but also to balance the injection parameters according to other injectors and how they are performing. So there is some complex wizardry going on which I do not fully understand. You should be fine in a few months as long as there is no change in emissions.

On the PPF front, I would say, skip it. PPF is usually to protect the original paint and it is best to get it done straight out of the showroom. If you want a colour change, try wrapping the cladding and bumpers for a two tone effect if that works for this shade.

Recommend going for the stereo upgrade, and then maybe the wheels if all components are mechanically sound.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 15:37   #4791
BHPian

Quote:
Checked for rat intrusion or bites. Didn't notice anything or their paw marks anywhere, my engine bay is quite dusty.

Observed that the radiator fan is also not spinning when i started the engine. I shut it down. Will take it down to TASS (4 kms away) on Monday/Tuesday.
TASS found a loose wire under the battery fuse box to be the culprit. As per them it is not possible to change the wiring, hence they soldered it and everything is working again. It was not a rat bite, part of regular wear and tear (per them). They had kept the car 5 days to diagnose and fix this.

On another note: I have been using Amsoil 5W40 in my 2014 Storme (approx 52K Kms run) from last 3 years and extremely happy. However, off late, the availability has become patchy and prices have gone north as with everything.

Is there any alternative which is easily available and bit easy on the pocket. My usage is 70% city, 30% highway and don't use for more than 6000-7500 kms a year.
Old 19th April 2022, 15:10   #4792
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
1) The motor of the front wipers (whole assembly was overhauled, but the motor is making a whirring sound)
Doc, any update on this one ? What replacements were done, and what cost ?

regarding horns, I am using Hella Yellow Panther. Quite shrill, but not as bad as the Red Grille's.

Last edited by condor : 19th April 2022 at 15:19.
Old 24th April 2022, 12:44   #4793
Distinguished - BHPian

Are such nudge-guards still available now ? What would be the price ?

Name:  TataSafariStormeNudgeguard.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  103.3 KB
Old 29th April 2022, 18:40   #4794
Distinguished - BHPian

The Storme completes 9 years today. Odo is at 110922 km. Will be doing some oil changes soon, and some light spruce-up.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 21:53   #4795
Distinguished - BHPian

A small milestone reached today.

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_5358.jpg

Fair bit of running around in the past month.
condor is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 10:21   #4796
BHPian

Need help to locate the AC drain pipe of a 2013 model Storme.

I am seeing some some water seepage under the car which dries up and does not leave any residue, am hoping its just the water draining from the AC.

Maybe un-related but somehow my coolant tank is showing Max level, its always used to be between the Min and Max level, so am not sure if its coolant over flowing.

Have a long trip with family from Trivandrum to Bangalore and hence wanted to double check.

Off-topic - Tata service centers are really full and its difficult to get a SA/Technician to even look at the car if its a non-booking.
Old 27th May 2022, 17:22   #4797
Distinguished - BHPian

Another out-station trip completed over the week. The usual comfortable, packed to the gills drive. FE remains comparable in cost to that of petrol sedans. Seriously not seeing any suitable replacement to this.

9 yrs + one month and odo at about 112.8k.

Just before the trip, I had got the differential and gear-box oils replaced. I may have to change the engine and gearbox mounts in some time.
Old 27th May 2022, 18:11   #4798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Seriously not seeing any suitable replacement to this
Completely agree on that. The VFM quotient offered by yesteryear Safari's and Scorpio's is unparalleled. My 2009 Safari DiCOR EX 4x4 came home at 11.3 lac on-road (beat that ) and served me exceptionally well over 8 years and ~70K km.

Many more happy miles to you on your beast
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 15:04   #4799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Are such nudge-guards still available now ? What would be the price ?

Attachment 2300116
This was the official tata accesory sold with the explorer edition car.

Lost mine in an accident, haven't been able to find one again

showrooms seem lackadasical whenever asked about it. Will update if I'm successful in finding one. Huge help in city fender benders 😜
Old 29th May 2022, 15:10   #4800
BHPian

Just spent 49k at the TASC

2013 Dec VX 4X2
Odo at 96k kms.

-General service (oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter,2buckets of interior trim dressing)
-Replaced both front discs

-replaced front hubs and bearings

-new brake pads up front

-some bushes

-Coolant leak, changed cracked pipe(Thermostat bypass pipe) and coolant

-PS OIL leak, changed pipe and oil

Worst part is another 40k expense is pending excluding bodywork.

Injectors are knocking extremely loudly. The tech told me to put engine oil with diesel, I'm gonna a try Adon D or some Injector although I'm not very hopeful.

30k job without taxes injector service is.

20k set aside for clutch .

This one's getting quite expensive to maintain
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-20220529_0320111.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-20220529_0320114.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-20220529_0320113.jpg  

Last edited by viXit : 29th May 2022 at 15:27.
viXit is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks