Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2013, 15:55   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
@ebonho
How much did you pay for it? Also is its validity determined by distance or time? I enquired at Concorde and they only have it for 30k Kms for 2 years. I am confused a my truck won't run 30k in 2 years!
I think its 50K kms and 4 years. Paid around 16,000 bucks for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I checked on the suitable options outside the showrooom, and the advice was for the top end - Gold @ 4 yrs / 50k, even if it costs 38k.
That is not the top. The top is Platinum plan which is late 60'sK in cost. Includes tyres and battery as well.

Last edited by ebonho : 28th April 2013 at 15:58.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 20:03   #902
BHPian

I am surprised that I am being offered neither of Them. As mentioned I am being offered 30k Kms at appx 20k. Would it be possible for anyone to help with a scan copy of the receipt so that I can show this to Concorde and get my AMC sorted for 4 years and 50k gold at 16k as ebonho said?
Old 29th April 2013, 00:56   #903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4 years and 50k gold at 16k as ebonho said?
Mine is Silver bro. PM me your email ID. I'll send you the scan.
Old 29th April 2013, 14:20   #904
BHPian

Thanks Ebonho, I am unable to send a PM; is there any other way I can send you my email id? Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 15:30   #905
BHPian

Quote:
@STorme'd, I was offered 4 options:

Gold / Silver
4 yrs and 40k / 50k running

Gold includes everything except Tyres & battery
Silver does not inlcude Tyres & battery, clutch, & possibly brakes also.

Approx pricing:
Silver: 4 yrs / 40k: 13k
Gold: 4 yrs / 40k: 19k
Gold 4 yrs / 50k : 38k (because clutch may need to be repalced by 50k.
Are you sure about the years offered in the "Gold: 4 yrs / 40k: 19k" plan? Asking cause I was offered the gold AMC, 2 yrs/40K Km for ~18K!
Old 29th April 2013, 15:37   #906
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Asking cause I was offered the gold AMC, 2 yrs/40K Km for ~18K!
Yes, the 4 yrs / 40k is 18-19k, while the 4 yrs /50k is almost double because of extra items that need to be replaced around the 45k service (between 40 & 50k).

But I'm trying to find out what is that ?
Old 29th April 2013, 16:52   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the 4 yrs / 40k is 18-19k, while the 4 yrs /50k is almost double because of extra items that need to be replaced around the 45k service (between 40 & 50k).

But I'm trying to find out what is that ?
Lemme rephrase. You're getting the AMC for four years/40K Km whichever's earlier, right? The dilemma is that a friend's been offered Gold AMC for two years/40K Km whichever's earlier. The cost is same; ~18K.

I'm wondering how can they offer separate AMC package having same Km running but different time intervals. That too when one is double of the other. 2 years vs. 4 years!

Or are you clubbing extended warranty with AMC (2 + 2). Or am I darn confused now!!!

Last edited by lordofgondor : 29th April 2013 at 16:53.
Old 29th April 2013, 17:31   #908
Senior - BHPian

Condor, Storme'd, LordofGondor,

Here is the scanned copies of the Invoice and Registration of my Silver AMC (Value Care) package:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3108215

(shameless touting of my ownership thread of course !! )

I agree with the confusion, and if true, would definitely feel majorly cheated.

Because if there was the option of getting a Gold AMC of 4 years and 40K kms (which I was never offered) for just 18-19K (2-3K more than my Silver AMC only), then I would definitely have taken that. 10K kms less would not really have mattered, considring the TERM of coverage remained the same.

Condor can you please confirm and provide scans as I have. I will make some less than happy phone calls and emails in such case.

Last edited by ebonho : 29th April 2013 at 17:49.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 17:39   #909
BHPian

Thanks a lot ebonho; any idea of the cost of the Gold AMC pack? Also, I am unable to understand how different dealers are offering different packs to the same Storme customers; Tata playing up again I assume! Also, would it be possible for you to list out what all is included in the Silver plan or if the information is available somewhere, please point it out.
Old 29th April 2013, 18:03   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot ebonho; any idea of the cost of the Gold AMC pack? Also, I am unable to understand how different dealers are offering different packs to the same Storme customers; Tata playing up again I assume! Also, would it be possible for you to list out what all is included in the Silver plan or if the information is available somewhere, please point it out.

4 years and 50K kms for Gold AMC plan to cost 38,764/-

4 years and 40K kms for Gold AMC plan to cost 19,895/- (I guess I missed this. Is it possible to upgrade once an AMC contract has already been bought?)

The Silver plan includes - washing, engine/trans/power steering oil change, oil and fuel filter change, air filter change, coolant change, brake and clutch fluid top up/replacement, chassis and wheel grease, and general checkup, wheel alignment, etc.

The Gold plan includes the following extra - Repair or Replacement of Wear & Tear Parts as and when required -
Brake pads, Brake wheel cylinders
Clutch disc and clutch cover, clutch cable, mountings
Wiper blades, Hoses, Bushes, parts covered under scope of this plan

It is mandatory to buy Extended Warranty to buy Gold plan.

I think the Gold 4 years 40,000 kms makes most sense. Wonder how I missed it ....

Silver and Gold plans and computations in spreadsheets -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3108309

Hope that helps!

Last edited by ebonho : 29th April 2013 at 18:23.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 20:00   #911
BHPian

Guys, Dont get confused about the AMC package - gold or silver. Ask the dealer or may be, even the Service manager. They would be able to help you much better than discussing here and concluding as "Confusing".

At high level
Gold covers all but Tires and Battery. It also takes care of labour costs within the KM/Time limit for any kind of unscheduled service [or repair reporting].
Silver takes care of the same only on service schedules.

From the Safari's experience, I suggest to go for 4 years/50K KMs Gold package and you will get back your money for sure.
I believe, the STORME's service schedules are same as Safari [15/30/45 K KMs]. If so, when you go for 3yr/45K service, you will almost pay nothing if you take 4 years/50K Gold AMC.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 00:57   #912
BHPian

@ebonho yup you are right. The 4 years and 40K Kms makes most sense. I will get this sorted out at the earliest. Also, I don't think it's possible to change the AMC plan once bought, no harm in asking the workshop, though. Thanks again.
Old 30th April 2013, 07:41   #913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The 4 years and 40K Kms makes most sense..
I think we will do more than 40k in 4 years, and hence 4 yrs 50k should make more sense. The only thing that I am thinking of is the high difference between these two. The 4/50k package will also cover the 45k service.

Got to check the recommended replacements @45k service.
Old 30th April 2013, 10:35   #914
BHPian

Does taking Gold mean that any parts apart from service and not included in the service schedule which fail will also be replaced free of cost? I mean should break shoes get spoilt at 35K Kms, will they be replaced?
Old 30th April 2013, 10:47   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
From the Safari's experience, I suggest to go for 4 years/50K KMs Gold package and you will get back your money for sure. I believe, the STORME's service schedules are same as Safari [15/30/45 K KMs]. If so, when you go for 3yr/45K service, you will almost pay nothing if you take 4 years/50K Gold AMC.
Quote:
@ebonho yup you are right. The 4 years and 40K Kms makes most sense. I will get this sorted out at the earliest. Also, I don't think it's possible to change the AMC plan once bought, no harm in asking the workshop, though. Thanks again.
Quote:
I think we will do more than 40k in 4 years, and hence 4 yrs 50k should make more sense. The only thing that I am thinking of is the high difference between these two. The 4/50k package will also cover the 45k service.

Got to check the recommended replacements @45k service.
The reason why I feel 4 years/40K kms makes more sense than the 4 years/50K kms Gold plan is that there is a difference of 19K bucks between the two.

The extra stuff in the Gold plan over the Silver plan (i.e. clutch, brake, wipers) is subject to adjudication by the Tata Motors Warranty/Claims/Value Care team. In short, it depends greatly on your rapport, persuasion skills, and is not a given.

The final clincher is for those like me who may not touch 50K kms in 4 years (depending on my past car mileage histories), the time term will arrive first, and I would have paid the 19K extra for no added benefit.

Thats my thought process on this issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks