Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2013, 18:50   #1081
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Avanish - congrats on booking the Storme. Can you share details of discounts/any freebies offered ?
Thank you

I just got the regular discounts like 30 k loyalty bonus , 10 k exchange bonus and 5 k corporate bonus. and freebies mats perfume and idol (i wouldn't call it freebies every dealer will give those)
I saved another 13 k by taking the insurance from outside.
OTR 13.5 lacs including AMC and Ext. Warranty

accessories :
they quoted 26 k for start/stop system and 27 k for alloys, which I think is expensive and they are yet to give me the specs of the 2 DIN,
avanishphatak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 18:59   #1082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanishphatak View Post
Thank you

I just got the regular discounts like 30 k loyalty bonus , 10 k exchange bonus and 5 k corporate bonus. and freebies mats perfume and idol (i wouldn't call it freebies every dealer will give those)
I'm pleased to hear this is the regular discount . By the way, is the loyalty bonus given because you have a Tata car or its just another cash discount ? And for the 10k exchange bonus what was the deal ? Did you exchange any car ? Thanks in advance for the details ! Enjoy your ride and look forward to ur ownership thread
Old 22nd June 2013, 19:16   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
I'm pleased to hear this is the regular discount . By the way, is the loyalty bonus given because you have a Tata car or its just another cash discount ? And for the 10k exchange bonus what was the deal ? Did you exchange any car ? Thanks in advance for the details ! Enjoy your ride and look forward to ur ownership thread
Hi, I had a 5 yr old Dicor 2.2 Lx which I sold it this month so I got the loyalty bonus and as I sold it outside the dealer I will get 10 k exchange bonus provided I produce the transfer copy, if I had exchanged with the dealer I would have got 20 k,
Till mid June loyalty bonus was restricted to only safari owners but now they will give it if you own any Tata cars.
I would be getting my Storme by the end of this month.
Old 22nd June 2013, 19:45   #1084
Distinguished - BHPian

@Avinash, Congrats ! and wishing you a long, happy ownership.
Quote:
.. is the loyalty bonus given because you have a Tata car or its just another cash discount ?
Quote:
Hi, I had a 5 yr old Dicor 2.2 Lx which I sold it this month so I got the loyalty bonus
@narayan, the exchange bonus quoted here was specific to the previous vehicle being a Dicor. If it had been any other Tata Vehicle, the amount would have been lesser
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 13:29   #1085
BHPian

Nightmare and poor service standard one of my friend had to endure. Posting his story below in his own words:

My happiness of owning a Tata Safari Storme got marred on visiting the Malwa Motors service centre for its first “free service”. Making noise about the quality of the servicing resulted in a lot of calls from both Malwa Motors and from local Tata Motors(Abhishek Jangda) and assurances that I would be a much happier man on subsequent visits. But my faith remained shaken.

Recently I was presently surprised to receive a call from Him Motors informing me that they had been mandated by Tata Motors to carry out pre monsoon checks and also replace some “strikers” in the door locking assembly as there had been a problem of noise in the Stormes. As Malwa Motors had no clue of this scheme I rang up Abhishek who confirmed this and told me that Him Motors had been chosen to do this job in North/North west Delhi. I was told by Him Motors that I would be getting reminder call to bring my car. I informed them that as my second service was due, I would combine the two.

So today morning inspite of no reminder call coming, I took my car to the Him Motors workshop at Peeragarhi as per the directions given earlier. A professional “advisor” was assigned to my car, who dutifully noted all the problems. I was told that being a Saturday there were many cars, so I would get my car only by 5.00 pm. I also agreed to get the underbody anti rust coating done in view of the monsoons. Upper body coating was suggested, but I said only after seeing the quality of the underbody coating.

On reaching at 5.00 pm I was told that car interiors were being done and car would be ready in half hour. Half hour later, no car- so I went into the workshop and found that underbody anti rust coating was going on. The coating work was shoddy and of novice standard. So now the question of getting upper body coating done at Him does not arise.

Car was unwashed. Not knowing I was the owner, the boys went around wiping the car with a wet cloth. After twenty minutes the car was taken to the entrance- fully serviced. One of the boys informed me that there had been a problem with the washing and many cars remained unwashed, and that if I wanted my car to be washed I would have to come another day. I AM VERY DEFINITE OF ONE THING- I AM NOT SETTING FOOT IN HIM MOTORS EVER AGAIN.

Now how can someone be sure that all the work billed has actually been carried out when HIM Motors has coolly handed over an unwashed car as a fully serviced one. I for one am just waiting for the warranty period to get over, so that I can get my vehicle serviced by workshops who do not need to hide behind the TATA name as a certification of their quality.

TATA Motors customer care please take note. If you continue to tolerate the shoddy service standards of your dealers, the growth of TATA vehicles will continue to be a negative one. The harping by Mahindra XUV500 about its “customer satisfaction” is now making me wonder, if I made a mistake in basing my decision on the basis of the “quality” of the product instead of basing it on the entire “package” which includes after sales service.

I do hope that you will do the needful and pull up your socks and perform, else you shall definitely perish.
dinesha is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 15:45   #1086
BHPian

It's quite sad to hear about such incidents with Tass. I am also facing some similar issues with Concorde although because of the fact that a lot of people there know me now, I am given some more attention than others. Still every time I give my car there it comes back to me dirty. Although its washed, they use a dirty cloth to dry it as a result of which the car become dirty again. Even though Tata is improving it will take them ages to reach global standards. This is especially true with departments which are contracted out like the paint booth and washing.
Old 23rd June 2013, 18:30   #1087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesha View Post
I was told that being a Saturday there were many cars, so I would get my car only by 5.00 pm. I also agreed to get the underbody anti rust coating done in view of the monsoons..
What ever the job, which ever the dealership, which ever the brand - Pls remember to avoid Saturdays, and also Friday & Monday. Same applies to accessories shops.

I will Not go into the details or quality of the work you had got done, but IMHO, that was too much things on the list for a Saturday.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 18:31   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nightmare and poor service standard one of my friend had to endure. Posting his story below in his own words:

My happiness of owning a Tata Safari Storme got marred on visiting the Malwa Motors service centre for its first “free service”. Making noise about the quality of the servicing resulted in a lot of calls from both Malwa Motors and from local Tata Motors(Abhishek Jangda) and assurances that I would be a much happier man on subsequent visits. But my faith remained shaken.

I do hope that you will do the needful and pull up your socks and perform, else you shall definitely perish.
Hi @dinesha

I still did not get the problems your friend had with the SUV. All I can read is the door rattle due to some strikers & unwashed car at a subsequent service. Please provide us some link to your friend's posts on a public platform (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) where he has vented his displeasure on his own car to/ on & dealing with TML.

Are there more problems ?

The way your post is drafted, it seems more of your experience BTW.

Has your friend tried Pahwa Motors, I believe they have good men, but, that's based on a past post in TBHP, if I remember correctly.
Old 23rd June 2013, 20:43   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Hi @dinesha

I still did not get the problems your friend had with the SUV. All I can read is the door rattle due to some strikers & unwashed car at a subsequent service. Please provide us some link to your friend's posts on a public platform (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) where he has vented his displeasure on his own car to/ on & dealing with TML.

Are there more problems ?

The way your post is drafted, it seems more of your experience BTW.

Has your friend tried Pahwa Motors, I believe they have good men, but, that's based on a past post in TBHP, if I remember correctly.
You are already defending the TSS's poor service and pathetic customer service

There are no reasons for me to be shy if the problems were mine..

I am posting my friend's FB link, (I am not sure of his privacy settings).. hopefully you can help him..

http://www.facebook.com/subhash.bhas..._comment_reply

Last edited by GTO : 25th June 2013 at 16:45. Reason: Please do NOT needlessly accuse another member of affiliation
Old 23rd June 2013, 21:41   #1090
BHPian

Hi @dinesha

Did not your friend escalate the issue immediately to the manager? and even to the tata customer service ( they usually call the customer within 2 days of the service). these kind of carelessness shouldn't be tolerated.
Old 23rd June 2013, 23:07   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Hi @dinesha

Did not your friend escalate the issue immediately to the manager? and even to the tata customer service ( they usually call the customer within 2 days of the service). these kind of carelessness shouldn't be tolerated.
They usually call, but don't do much. I had personally lodged a complaint on there website but all in vain. They never acted on it. Finally I changed service centre.
Old 24th June 2013, 09:09   #1092
BHPian

Website may not work but talking does. They do follow up with the dealers.
Old 24th June 2013, 09:29   #1093
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

As Condor mentioned Saturday is a bad day. Also on any day in general one must get the car into the service centre as early in the day as possible. (First slot after the Servicer opens.) This is in my opinion true of all service centres and not just TATA.

Yes Wash System can fail and the Service Centre should volunteered the info on it's own and offered to pick up and drop the vehicle on another day from the customers home or office location. But I do also get a feeling (thought there is nothing that can make one sure of this.) that maybe the service centre did have a working washing system but was just overloaded and delayed and hence skipped this. (It would have been better to let the customer know about this and inform prior that the car may have to be picked up even later.)

As such though I do not really see too much cause for concern on the service aspect overall from the details posted. Though possibly there were other reasons that made the person dislike the overall experience. Or maybe we are kind of used to taking this as the quality of service in India and one surely is entitled to expect more.
Old 24th June 2013, 11:33   #1094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are already defending the TSS's poor service and pathetic customer service
Thank You for the link... You friend followed the correct procedure. I believe getting the SUV serviced on weekdays would help.

Just to update you, you can easily check any person's profile on TBHP, & if you had checked mine, you would have seen that I work in service sector, precisely an accounting KPO not related to TML by any chance .

I have suggested few a dealer to you as few acquaintances of mine had good experience dealing with them... but, it seems you are too opinionated to be helped.

Hopefully your friend's problems or woes (in your words) are over soon.

Last edited by GTO : 25th June 2013 at 16:46. Reason: Offensive bit in quoted post deleted, hence removing your note too
Old 24th June 2013, 15:07   #1095
BANNED

Quote:
My happiness of owning a Tata Safari Storme got marred on visiting the Malwa Motors service centre for its first “free service”.
Sorry to be blunt but the ONLY issues I see with the service are the poor underbody coating and the washing system being out of order.
The underbody coating at all ASCs is usually outsourced and NOT an issue which needs to be escalated and lamented to such proportions.

For the washing issue, the dealer must offer an FOC wash to the customer at a time of the customer's convenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
This is especially true with departments which are contracted out like the paint booth and washing.
I do not know if this your first car but let me tell you this, washing and body shops are the bane of most ASCs across brands in the country. Let us not bloat such issues beyond proportion.
Quote:
You are already defending the TSS's poor service and pathetic customer service .. obviously you represent them
I do not see any comment in CARDEEP's post which emulates him defending or representing TML.

Quote:
Did not your friend escalate the issue immediately to the manager?
This is what should have been done in the first place and if there was no reaction/response, the issue should have been escalated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
You friend followed the correct procedure. I believe getting the SUV serviced on weekdays would help.
People, let us be practical here.
All of us know that weekends' are overloaded with vehicles at all dealerships of successful brands, across all cities of the country and while it may be de rigeur to point fingers at TML, just because their strategies and products have not worked the way they should have for the past 3-4 years, let us understand that TML is undergoing a massive "refresh" of all its departments as we speak and that there have been NO major issues with the Storme yet that have been posted on this forum or elsewhere.

Let us give TML a fair chance and not nitpick on them just for the heck of it.
n.devdath is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed