Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2013, 13:29   #1171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
As long as you go with the stock sizes, you should be fine. I cant think of any manufacturer denying wty just because one changed to alloy wheels, while taking care to follow the OE J-specs.

I think you can go ahead and get which ever set you like, as long as the size is same.
Thanks. Wouldn't the +ve and -be offset also play a roll here? By increasing/decreasing track?
This was also the case with ford. They also tell us that the suspension warranty will be void if we go in for aftermarkets.
Old 8th July 2013, 13:38   #1172
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Thanks. Wouldn't the +ve and -be offset also play a roll here? By increasing/decreasing track?
If you get a wheel with different off-set, then track will change. Go to a good retailer, and he should be able to give you wheels with the right offset.

If I am correct, a slight ( minimal) negative offset is fine, since it will move the wheels outwards. If the offset is relatively positive (when compared to OE), then the tyres will move inwards / reduce track .. and foul the suspension parts.
Old 9th July 2013, 13:27   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Guys
This is what I'm getting in Chennai - 30k loyalty + 9k corp discount. Are you guys hearing any better offers ? Pls note this is for 2013 models
Old 9th July 2013, 22:18   #1174
Distinguished - BHPian

@Narayan, go for it !
The discounts are what TML is giving, so would be pretty much same across dealers.
Old 9th July 2013, 22:28   #1175
Distinguished - BHPian

With a measely ~800 dispatches in June, I wonder where Strome is headed. That 800 also has Dicor numbers, so its even less!

We were discussing a lower priced version below the LX IIRC, is it really coming or was that just speculation?

Mahindra is already freting over the falling XUV sales and seems to be atleast doing something about it. What is TML upto?

Last edited by Dry Ice : 9th July 2013 at 22:29.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 08:29   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Narayan, go for it !
The discounts are what TML is giving, so would be pretty much same across dealers.
True - checked with Bangalore dealers also. Should take a decision in 1/2 days
Old 10th July 2013, 10:32   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
With a measely ~800 dispatches in June, I wonder where Strome is headed. That 800 also has Dicor numbers, so its even less!

We were discussing a lower priced version below the LX IIRC, is it really coming or was that just speculation?

Mahindra is already freting over the falling XUV sales and seems to be atleast doing something about it. What is TML upto?
Where did you get those figures from? From what i heard it that there are lots of bookings but less vehicles were manufactured in May-June.
Old 10th July 2013, 12:26   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Where did you get those figures from? From what i heard it that there are lots of bookings but less vehicles were manufactured in May-June.
But, why should they do that? Especially when they are getting such a hammering for lack of numbers?
Old 10th July 2013, 13:02   #1179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
From our own Indian car section - head over to the June sales figures thread.
Old 10th July 2013, 17:00   #1180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

OT, but Mahindra is seeing a far bigger % fall, for XUV, Scorp & Bolero. This is inspite of Scorp being on the list of the cab operators.
Old 11th July 2013, 00:08   #1181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
OT, but Mahindra is seeing a far bigger % fall, for XUV, Scorp & Bolero. This is inspite of Scorp being on the list of the cab operators.
Ya I know. But then you also see Mahindra taking a few steps to arrest the downfall - reduced GC to counter the new tax, a lower priced version in the works. What is TML doing? Storme seems to be a competent product. They ought to do justice to it. Provide the support it needs. Longer warranty maybe, lower spec variants, aggressive marketing etc could be a start.
Old 11th July 2013, 07:20   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Guys, AFAIK, TATA's won't do any gimmickry wrt reducing GC. It'd be simply unethical. But one thing for sure is important, after spending 400(IIRC) crores on developing the Storme, they should've shown more confidence in the product. Atleast run an offer for the first 6-8 months where customers would get FULL support upto 2L kms (at a very nominal AMC-like fee). This would ensure that the product penetrates the market atleast.

For a SUV that gives 80% of what Fortuner offers at 45% of the price, the Safari Storme has definitely got alot more potential.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 08:49   #1183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But then you also see Mahindra taking a few steps to arrest the downfall - reduced GC to counter the new tax, a lower priced version in the works.
There is a saying in Kannada - "if the other guy thinks he is so smart that he can get under a floor mat .. no problem. We can get under the Rangoli "

That would be the situation with taxes. If Mahindra or any other auto comp thinks they can beat the system by reducing the GC to get out of the SUV classification, then I hope they remember who is driving the taxation structure. Mr PC will get around that and make sure no SUV slips thru. All it needs is a small re-definition of the clauses which describe what a SUV is - clauses that are very much under his control.

Then again, I wonder what kind of testing will the XUV require to ensure the vehicle is still as good as it is now, even after the proposed reduction in GC.

As a Storme owner, I am happy the way the Storme is now - GC et al.
condor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 09:59   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Guys, AFAIK, TATA's won't do any gimmickry wrt reducing GC. It'd be simply unethical. But one thing for sure is important, after spending 400(IIRC) crores on developing the Storme, they should've shown more confidence in the product. Atleast run an offer for the first 6-8 months where customers would get FULL support upto 2L kms (at a very nominal AMC-like fee). This would ensure that the product penetrates the market atleast.

For a SUV that gives 80% of what Fortuner offers at 45% of the price, the Safari Storme has definitely got alot more potential.
Storme is a nice product; vastly improved over the Safari 2.2. People who bought Safari coz they couldn't wait are now .

I have seen people complaining for built quality issues which Tata should sort it out because even if Storme is a nice product and worth the money, small issues like rattle/squeaky noise would irritate many. My friend went and got the Fortuner to avoid that even when he liked the Storme.

A 2L warranty would surely pull the crowd.

Saw the Ecosport today. Was expecting it to be bigger and hence expecting it to pull back some crowd from buying the Storme/Scorpio. Would like to see people who have done that.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 10:07   #1185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Saw the Ecosport today. Was expecting it to be bigger and hence expecting it to pull back some crowd from buying the Storme/Scorpio. Would like to see people who have done that.
I dont think there'll be many of them. These two vehicles are two different markets.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks