Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2013, 13:15   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Does it vanish once you have the headlights on or within a short frame of time? then not to worry even my Dicor's headlights used to get bit foggy at the corners. though they replaced both of the headlamps.

i found similar thing on the brand new headlamps aswel, even the previous once were close to brand new as i had noticed this when the truck was just about 8months old.

nothing to worry till you have the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Guys I noticed some sort of a haze right in front of both the headlamps and directly in front of the projector beam. This is not something which I am able to wipe away rather its like the plastic or whatever that is has started to fade away due to the heat from the projectors. Anyone facing similar issues?
Old 17th July 2013, 13:39   #1232
BHPian

@narayan - This included 30k loyalty bonus, 10k corporate discount, 5k dealer discount and another 5k for freebies. Had to arm twist a little bit on the dealer and TMIL. Went through some contacts
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 14:34   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Does it vanish once you have the headlights on or within a short frame of time? then not to worry even my Dicor's headlights used to get bit foggy at the corners. though they replaced both of the headlamps.

i found similar thing on the brand new headlamps aswel, even the previous once were close to brand new as i had noticed this when the truck was just about 8months old.

nothing to worry till you have the warranty.
Nope. It's like some part of the plastic is fading due to extreme heat or something like that. This does not vanish. Hearing that a couple of people have already got theirs replaced, I am surprise at the quality considering this should have come out in the testing. Another trip to the workshop on the agenda now 😞
Old 17th July 2013, 15:04   #1234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope. It's like some part of the plastic is fading due to extreme heat or something like that. This does not vanish. Hearing that a couple of people have already got theirs replaced, I am surprise at the quality considering this should have come out in the testing. Another trip to the workshop on the agenda now 😞
Before you go to workshop try the following if not done already
Park your vehicle in sun and open the hatch lid of headlight , leave it for 30 mts
if the haze goes away then it was water vapour else something else.
Old 17th July 2013, 15:12   #1235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Before you go to workshop try the following if not done already
Park your vehicle in sun and open the hatch lid of headlight , leave it for 30 mts
if the haze goes away then it was water vapour else something else.
Brother, what exactly is hatch lid of headlight. My right side sealed beam and full fogging and small water droplets develop on the inside, which stayed for 2 days. Never went away. The whole assembly was replaced in warranty.

Also replaced in warranty recently was my speedo / tacho display unit as the LED to light up the digital display stopped working. Which means my Storme is now at 1000 kms instead of 3000 ....

Also discovered the remote not working (even after changing batteries). They have removed some unit and sent it to Alpine for replacement (the HU is still working, albeit manually as before). Since Alpine does not have the part in stock, it has been ordered from Germany and I need to wait till it gets here.
Old 17th July 2013, 15:19   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Also discovered the remote not working (even after changing batteries). They have removed some unit and sent it to Alpine for replacement (the HU is still working, albeit manually as before). Since Alpine does not have the part in stock, it has been ordered from Germany and I need to wait till it gets here.
That's good news. I'll send mine too!
It works sometimes and doesn't when it wishes.
Though they kept my UFO for three days last month to repair the gear lever which got free and on road assistance had to be called for. TASS showed my vehicle to tata engineers for the same and also rectified the gear lever vibration noise.
I am still facing the issue that the front non driver door lock gets stuck sometimes.
Old 17th July 2013, 15:31   #1237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
That's good news. I'll send mine too!
It works sometimes and doesn't when it wishes.
Though they kept my UFO for three days last month to repair the gear lever which got free and on road assistance had to be called for. TASS showed my vehicle to tata engineers for the same and also rectified the gear lever vibration noise.
I am still facing the issue that the front non driver door lock gets stuck sometimes.
Man, looking at all the lovely discounts the new lot are getting on their Stormes, Tata Motors should think of offering us first lot owners some sort of loyalty bonus to make us feel better.

Maybe a nice set of headrest screens and park assist with GPS would do wonders for our flagging morale ......
Old 17th July 2013, 15:32   #1238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
@narayan - This included 30k loyalty bonus, 10k corporate discount, 5k dealer discount and another 5k for freebies. Had to arm twist a little bit on the dealer and TMIL. Went through some contacts
This is indeed a very good offer especially if the vehicle is a 2013 manufactured one. I am already hearing a higher offer from another dealer in Chennai ( compared to what I got ) and have escalated to TML. I wish they could atleast handle the sales process better
Old 17th July 2013, 15:51   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Man, looking at all the lovely discounts the new lot are getting on their Stormes, Tata Motors should think of offering us first lot owners some sort of loyalty bonus to make us feel better.

Maybe a nice set of headrest screens and park assist with GPS would do wonders for our flagging morale ......
We have already bought my friend.

Atleast a buyback on the old music system should be offered! Replace remote, replace head unit. I haven't seen that unit in particular but was considering a similar unit from kenwood. As it is cup holder location is almost useless. I once tried to place Cold Coffee in there, but couldn't as I was afraid that it might spill.
Old 17th July 2013, 15:54   #1240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
We have already bought my friend.

Atleast a buyback on the old music system should be offered! Replace remote, replace head unit. I haven't seen that unit in particular but was considering a similar unit from kenwood. As it is cup holder location is almost useless. I once tried to place Cold Coffee in there, but couldn't as I was afraid that it might spill.
I would use those holders only when parked on a lovely wind swept lonely road with the clouds rolling in and some time at hand for easing the backrests back and some unhurried introspection on life in general.
Old 17th July 2013, 16:02   #1241
BHPian

All seem to be facing similar issues. My remote decides on its own when it wants to work and when now. Also with no buy back the double din is a distant dream.
Old 17th July 2013, 16:10   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All seem to be facing similar issues. My remote decides on its own when it wants to work and when now. Also with no buy back the double din is a distant dream.
I am very happy with my Storme man. I am not a gizmo guy. I just love driving the haathi.

But got a small (first) scratch on rear bumper left side a week ago. Very sad but gotten over it now. A Temp Traveller guy got too close and was trying to squeeze me and I had nowhere left to be squeezed. I then got out and did some squeezing of my own .....
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 16:28   #1243
Senior - BHPian

@ebonho : I mean the plastic lid in the engine bay which you need to open for replacing bulbs it is at the back of HL assembly.

Quote:
Is the remote mounted on steering ? Check if it stops working when your leg blocks line of sight or some other issue.

I have same problem with my after-market pioneer remote it does not work at particular position and then I have to lower my thigh to make it work again
Vehicle is not storme but 2.2 VTT Dicor .
Old 17th July 2013, 16:39   #1244
BHPian

Quote:

I am very happy with my Storme man. I am not a gizmo guy. I just love driving the haathi.

But got a small (first) scratch on rear bumper left side a week ago. Very sad but gotten over it now. A Temp Traveller guy got too close and was trying to squeeze me and I had nowhere left to be squeezed. I then got out and did some squeezing of my own .....
Me too. Am really happy with it just some small show stoppers spoil my mood sometimes.

Btw, I had quite a nasty blow to my car in the 2nd month if ownership. Brother came down from London, took it for a drive, brought it back with a broken front bumper, broken fender cladding and dented fender. I took almost a week to get normal. Still left the fender dented as "Nazar battoo".
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 16:46   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Still left the fender dented as "Nazar battoo".
Yeah, I am a great believer in this nazar battoo thing as well man. But it seems kala dhaaga and mirchi-limbu does not work as well as a genuine scrape. :(
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks