Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2013, 14:50   #1381
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
Condor, the problems seems to have been solved. I had a short test ride with the floor manager, couldn't test it more as I had to return to work. Will be checking thoroughly on the weekend. All seems fine for now though. The steering is also lighter post the change.
Congratulations mate!
Over my experiences I have started believing in TASS more than I initially did. I think this has more to do with the nasty image and attitude they had built in our minds about there working style and careless attitude. TASC are with time trying to get better and are changing in the way they tackle. For instance, some of them have started taking note of your issues and if it comes for the second or consecutive times, they even escalate and get TATA guys to solve such issues.
IMO things are changing for good, will take some time and patience on our front also, rather than bashing them like a every now and then.

Cheers
Old 1st August 2013, 15:56   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Front Nudge Guard response I got from Concorde:
885773002710 Front Nudge Guard PU ( Half / W/O bracket ) 15,000/-
885773002711 Bracket for Frt Nudge Guard P.U.Storme E 1,057/-

Note:- Fitting Charges will be applicable.
Is this the same nudge gaurd from the explorer edition ? Can you mount lights on them ?
Old 1st August 2013, 15:58   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Is this the same nudge gaurd from the explorer edition ? Can you mount lights on them ?
Yup same one. No idea about the lights bro, though I read someone saying somewhere that it would not be easy.

Anyways at 16K odd I feel it is way too expensive. In that much, I can buy three of the front bumpers it is supposed to protect.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 16:16   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Anyways at 16K odd I feel it is way too expensive. In that much, I can buy three of the front bumpers it is supposed to protect.

IMO nudge guards do more damage than they protect! We also have a thread on there plus and minus. most of them are not able to take on an accident at speed upwards of 30kmph which is very less even if u are in city, and bang in your bumpers, thereby denting them apart from getting twisted themselves or there mounting brackets. sometimes also transfer the jerk to chassis.
Vibration is there another problem and hence aux lamps fitted on them rarely focus properly.
The only place there use seems justified as per me is on the rear to stop bikes from nudging you!

Last edited by stormerider : 1st August 2013 at 16:17.
stormerider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 17:59   #1385
Senior - BHPian

Guys
I should get the delivery tomorow evening or Sat morning. the sun films and bumper strips got fixed today. when i looked at the wheels, i am having second thoughts on going for alloys. why not just put nice looking wheel caps and the job should be done with a savings of 25k. Have any of you thought on these lines ?
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 18:36   #1386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys
I should get the delivery tomorow evening or Sat morning. the sun films and bumper strips got fixed today. when i looked at the wheels, i am having second thoughts on going for alloys. why not just put nice looking wheel caps and the job should be done with a savings of 25k. Have any of you thought on these lines ?
Wow, wheel cap is useless and will fall on first outing on bad roads. Either leave it as is or get some nice alloys
Old 1st August 2013, 18:39   #1387
Senior - BHPian

The OE Storme steel wheels are better looking than the Storme alloys. My personal opinion of course.
Old 1st August 2013, 18:46   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Wow, wheel cap is useless and will fall on first outing on bad roads. Either leave it as is or get some nice alloys
I was thinking of wheel caps which can be fitted through the bolts of the wheel
Old 1st August 2013, 20:08   #1389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I was thinking of wheel caps which can be fitted through the bolts of the wheel
Any thing else available other than Safari / Scorp OE's ?

If you do get another set, I would suggest not to discard the stock caps. I too think that the stock caps are a nice fit onto the steelwheels
Old 2nd August 2013, 09:34   #1390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A subwoofer is that big box or barrel like thing in the trunk or 3rd row in our case right? If so, that is out for me man .....
A simple way to increase bass is to damp the doors. The door has an outer metal sheet, and an inner metal sheet. The door pad sits on top of the inner metal sheet. You can stick Damping sheets on the inner surface of the outer sheet. But remember, you will have to instruct & insist the accessory shop guy to do it like this - NO matter what he says, even if he says it can't be done.

They typically take the easy way out and just seal the cut-outs in the inner sheet.

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd August 2013 at 12:33. Reason: as requested
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 14:06   #1391
Senior - BHPian

I keep forgetting to ask these 2 questions to the board, especially the Storme guys, and invariably remember when I go down to the Storme to drive to lunch. So today asking this before I go to lunch.

1) What is the correct way to get rid of the fogging on the windscreens and windows in rainy weather. Here is what I do (trial and error):

- Turn first air flow dial position to extreme right to the icon of windscreen with zig zag arrows.

- Turn second air flow volume dial position to "1"

- Turn third cold/hot dial position from extreme left (coldest - blue zone) to extreme right (hottest - red zone)

- The re-circulate button in "On"

- The button just below that (with the zig zag arrows) is also "On" - question: why have this button if the first dial already has a position showing windscreen with zig zag arrows (mentioned in Step #1 above)?

- The A/C is on green (eco mode) - though it by default goes to blue first.

- The button below that for rear A/C is "Off"

Am I doing it right (yes I have not read the manual ..... yet) ?

2) Normally when I come back to the truck after it has been standing in the rain, the windscreen and tailgate glass and beaded with water. So before starting off, to clear the front glass, I depress the left sided wiper stalk down (spring loaded position - it comes back up on its own - opposite direction of other cars like the Marutis) for the front wipers to give one swipe.

Now sometimes when I do this, the rear wiper also automatically gives a few (maybe 2-3?) swipes. But other times, the rear wiper does not activate. Why does this happen? What am I doing different each time?

There I put it up on the forum finally before I forget!

Last edited by ebonho : 2nd August 2013 at 14:13.
Old 2nd August 2013, 14:37   #1392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
- Turn third cold/hot dial position from extreme left (coldest - blue zone) to extreme right (hottest - red zone)
The main in-correct step, from what I understand from your post. Keep it "blue"

Inside Fogging happens when the temp inside is relatively colder than outside. You need to direct cold air to the windshield.

Quote:
Now sometimes when I do this, the rear wiper also automatically gives a few (maybe 2-3?) swipes. But other times, the rear wiper does not activate. Why does this happen? What am I doing different each time?
It looks like you have activated the rear wiper. Next it happens, check the position of the rear wiper control (should be the outermost part of the wiper control stalk.
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:26   #1393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The main in-correct step, from what I understand from your post. Keep it "blue"
I used to keep it blue. Yes the inside fogging would eventually disappear

BUT

The wipers with each swipe would leave a fading whitish trail on the OUTSIDE.

So by trial and error I found that keeping it i the RED this outside white fading trail does not happen with each swipe of the wiper blade.

Quote:
It looks like you have activated the rear wiper. Next it happens, check the position of the rear wiper control (should be the outermost part of the wiper control stalk.
No I am pretty sure I have not bro. I know the rear wiper controls - twist front for intermittent wiper, twist back for (spring loaded) wash stream and wipe.

I am sure I am just depressing the wiper stalk down. Sometimes the back wiper swipes, sometimes not.
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:47   #1394
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Am I doing it right (yes I have not read the manual ..... yet) ?
There are 2 ways of doing it
1. Put air flow to outside air. Put direction to windshield. Put temperature towards hot or middle. AC on or not On, windshield will clear
2. Put air flow to inside air. Switch on AC. Put direction to windshield. Windshield will clear irrespective of temperature position

Disadvantage of option 1 is that you get lot of smoke from outside. With option 2 you get smoke from outside depending upon your karma
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:55   #1395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
There are 2 ways of doing it
1. Put air flow to outside air. Put direction to windshield. Put temperature towards hot or middle. AC on or not On, windshield will clear
2. Put air flow to inside air. Switch on AC. Put direction to windshield. Windshield will clear irrespective of temperature position
Any idea what that extra button is for with the zig zag arrows (air to windshield) - am confused and thought it to be redundant since the air flow position dial already has a setting for that?

Quote:
Disadvantage of option 1 is that you get lot of smoke from outside. With option 2 you get smoke from outside depending upon your karma
LOL True ..... karma and the Gods of TASS.

Most Viewed