Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2013, 09:33   #676
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Congratulations, on the Storme, and Congratulations on the 10k !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navsangeet View Post
I have already done 10000 kms on the odo.
Sirji, with 10000 km on the clock, you would be the best person on TBHP today to give us feedback on the Storme. Please start a thread soon. I am sure your feedback will help a lot of us to know the real life performance of the Storme.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 09:42   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But eventually got the delivery on 2nd Nov 2012 itself.

On 2nd service the showroom guys have replaced all the door latches. Must say that special attention is being paid to Storme customers.
The first request people like me would have for you is to create a ownership thread, as this car is potentially looked closely by many like me. I have a few questions.

1. Why were the door latches replaced? What was the problem? There was never a problem with Safari owners not getting attention (It kindoff removes the pain of having problems in the car), but i would prefer not having problems in the first place.

2. With over 10K Kms on road, and longest ownership (Since November) your ownership thread should be a good read. Do take time to list problems that you faced (if any). Thanks.
Old 26th February 2013, 13:02   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys! I am following this thread since beginning. I am from the very early proud owner of Storme. Booked Storme VX 2x4 Silver on 25th October 2012 from Dhingra Motors. ...

But eventually got the delivery on 2nd Nov 2012 itself....
Congrats on the car, probably the first on t-bhp itself! I concur with many, please do start an ownership thread soon!

And I liked the second pic a lot. Also looks like a bunch of Fortuners behind you in one of the pic. So we may get a comparo too (if there is a Fortuner in your family / acquaintance and you have driven one quite a lot)?? That would be really stunning if you could do, coz Storme is touted as a good replacement for Fortuner at almost half the price.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th February 2013 at 13:04.
Old 26th February 2013, 21:19   #679
BHPian

Lovely vehicle Navsangeet. Silver is my color of choice, but, not having seen a Storme in that color (all TD vehicles seem to be in UB!!) I still had my doubts which, thanks to your pics have now been laid to rest!!

Looking forward to your ownership report!
Old 27th February 2013, 10:52   #680
BHPian

Quote:
A few pictures of the car for the pleasure of your eyes.
Hearty congratulations Storme looks brilliant, lovely pictures. 10000 Kms in a very short span Please do create an ownership thread to share your experiences and may be a travelogue as well

- Andy
Old 27th February 2013, 13:54   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The instrument console is largely unchanged, save for some cosmetic bits. The LCD display doesn't have an MID. All you get are two trip-meters, digital clock and external temperature display. When B segment hatchbacks get a DTE / FE counter, the Storme's console feels rather basic. The low fuel indicator kicks in when the tank has ~10 liters remaining:

That looks familiar!! Wait... it looks like it has been taken right out of my Indigo CS LX TDI, or atleast it is very very similar. Not a completely upsetting feeling but atleast a distance to Zero would have been nice. That is all that matters to me. I dont need no niggling bunch of electricals and electronics, that i will not bother with ,when i am behind the wheel of THE SAFARI. Not to mention that the low fuel indicator and also the needle of the fuel gage wears out sooner in Tata cars(my assumption as an owner). Mine started showing errant readings soon after two years with it. The mechanic tells me it will need replacing a sensor that costs about 1600rs and I decided to add 400 rs to that and get a full tank of diesel and do about 700kms(of course being mindful of the kms that I am doing and refuelling in time. I have learnt this lesson the hard way ). I am just hoping:
1. The Safari has a better Sensor for the fuel guage.
2. The Odometer on my car is not going to fool me anytime soon.

Cheers,
Teja.

I always opt for auto cut-off because I feel that is how it is meant to be filled - probably to leave space for vapors which may expand (?)[/quote]

I completely agree with this one sir. Some of us usually fill it to the brim thinking of avoiding a run to the fuel station. Indeed we might... but that will just be one visit less in an year. That against the losses that might occur as per your observation is probably not even worth it.

Also, the fuel tank is designed to hold a certain amount of fuel and that is the full tank capacity. Filling it up to the brim might not be a good idea as I have experienced/heard a certain hushing noise when I fill it to the brim and ride it to near empty. It is probably a vacum/low pressure created in the tank due to the lack of that minimum air. I was under the impression that the fuel tank lid had a small perforation and allowed air inside to work in cohesion with the fuel pump in order to create pressure for the fuel to get to the engine. In the event of this perforation(like many others that get jammed) getting filled with dirt, which is aplenty in the diesel that we use, i imagine there might be a slight low pressure in the tank that might work agains the fuel pump. I cant be sure if that will worsen the situation during an air lock on an empty tank, or whether it will reduce the life of the fuel pump itself. I will let the others, who know better, comment on that. These are simply my observations and musings.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 27th February 2013 at 15:00.
Old 1st March 2013, 09:32   #682
Senior - BHPian

With the recent budget announcement on SUVs, if excise duty increase is passed on the consumer, ex-showroom prices of Lx will also cross 10lakhs and higher taxes will kick it - double whammy !
Old 1st March 2013, 10:58   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
With the recent budget announcement on SUVs, if excise duty increase is passed on the consumer, ex-showroom prices of Lx will also cross 10lakhs and higher taxes will kick it - double whammy !
Been told the price will be increasing by 40-50,000 for the mid and top versions.
Old 1st March 2013, 11:11   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Been told the price will be increasing by 40-50,000 for the mid and top versions.
The % of increase is 3%. I remember seeing the number as 10-15K for Scorpios. Do you mean the 40K rise will be in the OTR prices? or ex-showroom?
Old 1st March 2013, 12:19   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
The % of increase is 3%. I remember seeing the number as 10-15K for Scorpios. Do you mean the 40K rise will be in the OTR prices? or ex-showroom?
Just confirmed directly from Tata Motors. As of 12 midnight March 1st, the prices for all cars not yet billed by dealers from the factory yard will be costing around 35K more.
Old 1st March 2013, 12:37   #686
Senior - BHPian

The increase is in excise duty which is a tax on manufacturing, not sale. Therefore, price increase should only be applicable to vehicles manufactured on or after the date of implementation of the hike.
directinjection is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 14:15   #687
BHPian

Today and tomorrow is the terrapod event in mysore , plan to go there sometime
Old 6th March 2013, 00:33   #688
BHPian

I wish Tata gave an option to buy the model listed at the following web page:

http://www.tatacars.com/presskit/safari-storme.aspx

Similar ones were shown in the auto expo. I am sure storme will have good number of takers in this avatar !

Test drove the storme, one slightly run and one brand new !

Positives:

- Amazing front view as always. Imposing stance
- Better quality plastics.
- Minimalistic approach but not utilitarian though !
- Good ride quality over bad roads.
- No unexpected leaning and weaving
- Brakes were sharp and sure shot
- Similar driver comfort as earlier Safaris

Negatives:

- I am not impressed. The engine sounded to me like the 3L dicor. Best part is the engine note was more consistent and without the irritating noise of 2.2L BS 3 models. I think the EGR made most of the noise
- Clutch is hard, not something that i am happy with
- A 5 seater with middle row reclining more apt than the namesake 7 seater. I am 5.9 and was struggling to sit on the jump seat.

Half hearted attempt to improve the safari model.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 10:25   #689
BHPian

Tata has showcased Safari Storm Mountain Rescue vehicle concept at Geneva Motor Show. Boy it looks awesome

& I also noticed 2 Din music system with upgraded console having A.c controls. Looks complete now with these premium touches which were missing.
Now, when they are ready, I think they should update the Indian model fast.

Pics courtesy: IAB
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-tatasafaristormemountainrescue1.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-tatasafaristormemountainrescue2.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-tatasafaristormemountainrescueinteriors2.jpg  

ajnagpur is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 12:33   #690
Senior - BHPian

The interiors look awesome without all that beige overload we get in India.
The gear lever also is straight up and not inclined a bit backwards which I noticed in brand new Stormes here.

Lastly there seems to be a nice 2 din unit over there - wonder whether this will find its way into the India models - I hope they do it along with the price hike that has been announced

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks