Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2013, 09:32   #931
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Please do not do hanky panky with service intervals if you want extended warranty
At the time of claim, the guy will simply check if you have done regular services and all things desired in regular services
For example
If you have done
1000,15000,30000,45000.... its okay
But if its
1000,10000,20000,30000,40000,50000 - The guy will say
You missed 15K and 45K service, not warranty for you.

If you really want to do more frequent services then do it at every 7500kms
Nope Disagree partially.

A) Have had major bits replaced around 48,000 kms and 55,000 kms within warranty.
B) The Service intervals being more frequent cannot be a problem as long as one does not miss an oil change or something. So if there is something due at 30,000kms and I go for service at say 25,000 kms then I get everything due till 35,000kms done in that service itself - The SA looks it up and advices me accordingly. Remember getting all the other Oil Changes besides the Engine oil change done about 5k prior to when they were due as I would not be visiting for the next 11,000 kms.

I had had initially thought of doing it every 7500 kms but that is a bit too soon as the oil and stuff seemed quite fine when checked then.

Irrespective since being a TATA it does call for some out of the way visits mid term, I have on a couple of instances also got what they call Half Service done - No oil change, since when I would visit next was already clear to me.

Agree this does need a bit of extra planning but is really not too complex and if one just want's to keep it simple an interval of 7500 would as suggested by you be best. The claims guys are anyways nuts.

Actually feel that the whole system of specific service intervals is quite a hogwash, they should instead have specific differential intervals and looks at intervals between service only.

Last edited by ACM : 4th May 2013 at 10:01.
Old 4th May 2013, 16:33   #932
Senior - BHPian

If its just dusty conditions, can't we just get the air cleaner cleaned more often. Why the need for increased full service intervals?
Old 6th May 2013, 11:26   #933
BHPian

Is there any possibility to pay extra and get Airbags in the EX variant. I like the Storme but don't see any value in buying VX variant. Looks like I may have to look elsewhere if Airbags are not available in EX.
Old 6th May 2013, 12:34   #934
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajit_72 View Post
Is there any possibility to pay extra and get Airbags in the EX variant. I like the Storme but don't see any value in buying VX variant. Looks like I may have to look elsewhere if Airbags are not available in EX.
Nope No manufacturer for standard production run vehicles will allow Airbags to be added to a lower variant as an option. You may indeed have to look elsewhere.
Old 7th May 2013, 12:28   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajit_72 View Post
You are quite right, the VX is quite poor value - except for the airbags. If you want air bags, then youll have to consider either the Aria or the XUV / Scorpio. The VX is really poor value for money.
Old 7th May 2013, 13:22   #936
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Nope No manufacturer for standard production run vehicles will allow Airbags to be added to a lower variant as an option. You may indeed have to look elsewhere.
Sadly, manufactures have formed a powerful body, the SIAM which has time and again resisted making basic safety features like ABS and Airbags compulsary. In many countries all over the world, you cannot sell a car without these features.
If these features are made mandatory, mfrs will lose the advantages of very high profit margins of top end models.
A air bag adds only around 200$ from mfr side. Addition of side curtain airbags over and above this adds around 40$ to the cost.
North America is going to make side curtain air bags compulsory, while we are still at "No air bag or ABS needed stage"
tsk1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 13:43   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Sadly, manufactures have formed a powerful body, the SIAM which has time and again resisted making basic safety features like ABS and Airbags compulsary. In many countries all over the world, you cannot sell a car without these features.
TSK1979,

A little OT point. How come models such as new Ford Fiesta, Honda city and Ertiga diesel have these features standard on all variants? How only some of these models and companies are going against the SIAM body, is what I cannot understand.

Regarding Storme VX variant, the price is insane. Period.
Old 7th May 2013, 13:46   #938
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
TSK1979,

A little OT point. How come models such as new Ford Fiesta, Honda city and Ertiga diesel have these features standard on all variants? How only some of these models an
Nobody is going against SIAM. Its just that the lobby is not allowing govt to pass resolution which makes ABS and Airbags compulsory. Many cars which are made for a worldwide market of the same assembly line carry such features in base variants also as having a different assembly line for India will not be cost effective.
Some vehicles are designed group up with features like ABS/EBD and these carry over to all variants.
However, there is no law in place which makes Airbags and ABS compulsary and the primary reason for this is group lobbying by manufacturers based in India.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 7th May 2013 at 13:47.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 13:13   #939
BHPian

Does anybody have any idea if the AMC packages being offered are dealer specific or pan India?
Old 13th May 2013, 14:10   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Does anybody have any idea if the AMC packages being offered are dealer specific or pan India?
Please refer to this discussion here regarding AMC of TML

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t-reviews.html
Rahulk76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 15:25   #941
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
A quick response - Pan India. But full information seems dealer specific ..
Old 16th May 2013, 20:52   #942
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, what's the size of the OE speakers ?

Has anybody replaced the speakers ? Which size / model ?
Old 16th May 2013, 21:19   #943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If its just dusty conditions, can't we just get the air cleaner cleaned more often. Why the need for increased full service intervals?
We owned a Estate & Sumo both of which had a spring loaded indicator in the air cleaner that showed exactly when replacement was required.

Is that not the case anymore?
Old 16th May 2013, 23:05   #944
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Storme - 'Chauffeur driven perspective'

Took a test drive of the Storme Vx.

It feels better to drive. Steering improvements are visible. Its easy to flick about, a lot of other improvements here and there as specified in the t-bhp test drive.

.. And then I pressed the switch for the fuel filler and it didn't open.

Tata.. you still suck!! Nothing has changed.

Last edited by GTO : 17th May 2013 at 22:29. Reason: PM coming up
Old 17th May 2013, 05:30   #945
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Storme - 'Chauffeur driven perspective'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
.. and then i pressed the switch for the fuel filler and it didnt open.
Tata.. u still suck!! Nothing has changed.
no biggie. Just needs a small adjustment inside the fuel filler cap, and will be resolved.
Emergency opener is accessible from inner side of the fuel cap, after you open the rear door.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed