Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 17:31   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hiker and Carryboy are still designing nudge guards for the Storme. Let us wait for some time.
I will be at Delhi soon and will enquire with fabricators that I know to see if there is something available there. The NCR is certainly a much bigger market for nudge guards.
Please let all of us here know what you find out. Photos would be great too.

Did anyone check out the Explorer kit nudge guard to check whether it really reduces the approach angle and will hit up front when going down a steep slope and bottoming out?

I have asked the main accessories guy at Concorde Pune to enquire with Tata Motors whether we can purchase it separately. Will let you know of his answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Increasing Bass should help,
but Sub-woofer setting will not do anything unless a sub is connected.
Quote:
You dont have a sub right now, hence the setting you have done for "Sub-woofer" will have no impact.
Thanks Condor for all the inputs! really helpful buddy.

To my untrained ear though, can't say what you are saying about the subwoofer setting not having an impact is spot on though.

I was just playing around with the settings. Increased Bass to max (+7 is max).

Then started increasing Sub-woofer thinking it too will max out at +7 but it kept going. I stopped at +12. The sound distinctly changed.

There is a much more prominent bass and reverbrating effect. Though sometimes there is a faint background distorting/vibration type sound at certain times (may try backing off to +10 or something and see). You can also more "physically" feel the beats on your chest etc.
Old 31st July 2013, 18:13   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Update: Tata Motors confirms that the nudge guard can and wil be sold separately.

Have asked them about the clearance issues. Let's see if they have an answer and have really tested such while designing it.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 20:41   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Update: Tata Motors confirms that the nudge guard can and wil be sold separately.

Have asked them about the clearance issues. Let's see if they have an answer and have really tested such while designing it.
all Explorer edition kit accessories can be purchased separately. Nudge guard is nice, right size, but I doubt if it can hold Auxiliary lamps
Old 31st July 2013, 21:55   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
all Explorer edition kit accessories can be purchased separately. Nudge guard is nice, right size, but I doubt if it can hold Auxiliary lamps
Can you please let us know the prices of these seperately?
Old 1st August 2013, 09:19   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
Can you please let us know the prices of these seperately?
I checked for Dual Din price and they quoted around 20K. I haven't checked the prices of all items yet. WIll do it today

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-storme-edition.jpg
rkbharat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 09:19   #1371
NMS
BHPian

Guys,

Just came across someone telling me about some export spec safari stormes up for sale. The guy claims that these were produced as per order, however the order was cancelled due to some reason. So now they are up for sale.
The model they say is 2012. The price which is being quoted is quite lucrative.
I enquired about the billing procedure and the rest of the formalities, he confirmed that it would be as per the normal procedures, wherein I will get the vehicle through the dealership itself. I might be going to check out the vehicle soon.
Frankly I am not overly excited about this deal, and I take such offers with a pinch of salt. To an extent that I am trying to see if these might be stolen or used as a TD vehicle.
However the guy who has informed about this deal is my bro in law's friend and quite a genuine fellow. So was tempted.
Any pointers, what can be checked? And if the export surplus vehicles are indeed sold off like this ?
Old 1st August 2013, 09:31   #1372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post
Guys,
I enquired about the billing procedure and the rest of the formalities, he confirmed that it would be as per the normal procedures, wherein I will get the vehicle through the dealership itself. I might be going to check out the vehicle soon.
Frankly I am not overly excited about this deal, and I take such offers with a pinch of salt. To an extent that I am trying to see if these might be stolen or used as a TD vehicle.
However the guy who has informed about this deal is my bro in law's friend and quite a genuine fellow. So was tempted.
Any pointers, what can be checked? And if the export surplus vehicles are indeed sold off like this ?
This might be the test drive vehicle which you might be getting anywhere between 6-10L for fully loaded model. I have came across guys who buys them in auction and then sell the cars at half the actual price without any warranty but with proper bill.
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 09:43   #1373
Distinguished - BHPian

If the billing is thru dealer, then it should not be stolen. Ask dealer to show any papers from TML where the vehicle is invoiced to dealer. A copy not really required, but ask to see the papers

If TD - cant say unless you check the vehicles. If it is any thing less than mint - eg: tyres worn, soiled interiors etc, then let it go.

Check the vehicle before you decide.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 10:18   #1374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
Yeah Amol...I was on dope for not taking your advise. Hopefully its all sorted.
@Charles - Is the problem resolved ?
Old 1st August 2013, 10:24   #1375
Senior - BHPian

Front Nudge Guard response I got from Concorde:

Dear sir,

Please find the accessories pricing for Safari Storme accessories required by you.

885773002710 Front Nudge Guard PU ( Half / W/O bracket ) 15,000/-
885773002711 Bracket for Frt Nudge Guard P.U.Storme E 1,057/-

Note:- Fitting Charges will be applicable.

Last edited by ebonho : 1st August 2013 at 10:28.
ebonho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 10:41   #1376
NMS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
This might be the test drive vehicle which you might be getting anywhere between 6-10L for fully loaded model. I have came across guys who buys them in auction and then sell the cars at half the actual price without any warranty but with proper bill.
Thanks Mercedised,
The price quote you mentioned is quite close to what that guy has given me for a top load model.
Like you said, this might just be a TD vehicle. I have a strong feeling.

Quote:
If the billing is thru dealer, then it should not be stolen. Ask dealer to show any papers from TML where the vehicle is invoiced to dealer. A copy not really required, but ask to see the papers

If TD - cant say unless you check the vehicles. If it is any thing less than mint - eg: tyres worn, soiled interiors etc, then let it go.

Check the vehicle before you decide.
Thanks Condor,
Yes I will be going for a TD.
That helps clear a bit of doubt about the Billing and stolen bit. I will try and check for some paperwork that indicates a legal purchase from TML.

Quote:
@NMS, check if you will get standard & extended warranty, at published prices.
Sure thing !

Last edited by NMS : 1st August 2013 at 10:48.
Old 1st August 2013, 10:44   #1377
Distinguished - BHPian

@NMS, check if you will get standard & extended warranty, at published prices.
Old 1st August 2013, 13:07   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post
Guys,

Just came across someone telling me about some export spec safari stormes up for sale. The guy claims that these were produced as per order, however the order was cancelled due to some reason. So now they are up for sale.
The model they say is 2012. The price which is being quoted is quite lucrative.
Which dealer is it through and in which city?
Old 1st August 2013, 14:04   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
@Charles - Is the problem resolved ?
Condor, the problems seems to have been solved. I had a short test ride with the floor manager, couldn't test it more as I had to return to work. Will be checking thoroughly on the weekend. All seems fine for now though. The steering is also lighter post the change.
CharlesA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 14:47   #1380
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, Charles. When you go back for test/ delivery, just check & ensure that the aire pressure in all the tyres is within recommended levels. This will help test the solution better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks