Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2014, 13:04   #2146
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

I saw a tweet from Akshya on break line and universal joint being faulty.
Not sure about the history of the issue, have attached the pictures.
Any idea on this? Anyone else faced similar issues.

Even after seeing these posts my heart still beats for Storme
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-tweet.jpg  

Last edited by Black_Beast : 20th January 2014 at 13:09.
Old 20th January 2014, 13:56   #2147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
The extended warranty on storme is only for 1 year as it comes with a default 3 year / 1L Kms guarantee. I too wanted to purchase it for additional 2 years but they don't have an option.
Any specific Service Advisor / mechanic / supervisor you recommend at Concorde Mathura Rd? Just asking. (And don't know how to tag someone here, so using the quote).
Old 20th January 2014, 14:47   #2148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I'll have to check bro.
Quote:
Yeah now I remember. Had a long discussion with the AMC guy on this, and this was exactly the same explanation given. So yes, its 3 + 1 in my case/
Confirmed from my Extended Warranty booklet.

There are 2 boxes - one says 1 year, up till 1,50,000 kms and the other says 2 years, up till 1,50,000 kms.

The first box (1 year) is checked in my booklet.

When asked why not 2 years (as my running was low so would have preferred longer time warranty given equal mileage warranty - if the option had been there). But was told for Storme, it would be 1 year only, in addition to the factory provided 3 years.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by ebonho : 20th January 2014 at 14:51.
Old 20th January 2014, 17:03   #2149
BHPian

Met three other Storme owners while getting my truck serviced. The first owner has run 6300km in 1 year, the second one 8000km in 1 year and the third one has done 700km in 2.5 months. I mean, what are tjese guys doing!? Don't they want to enjoy their drives? I have done 1372km in 17 days!
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 17:20   #2150
BHPian

Done the PDI of my Ex at the dealer today. Vehicle was ok except for a loose cable under driver's seat, which I notified to them. VIN is MAT617021DNN09873 which I couldn't decode, because as per TBhp vin guide, 12th letter should be A to M (which is N here). Can anybody do this for me?
Alpine music system has come with the vehicle, while rev- cam and explorer decals I've chosen additionally. The price of mirror mounted display with camera is 9500 at dealer and 6000 outside (for similar model), both of which seem made in China!
I'm considering rear bumper guard also, but only metallic shiny ones are available here. I can't afford both nudge guards as my garage length is 4900 mm!
Waiting impatiently to take delivery on Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
Met three other Storme owners while getting my truck serviced. The first owner has run 6300km in 1 year, the second one 8000km in 1 year and the third one has done 700km in 2.5 months. I mean, what are tjese guys doing!? Don't they want to enjoy their drives? I have done 1372km in 17 days!
Have you got the issue of CRB sound resolved?

Last edited by moralfibre : 20th January 2014 at 22:35. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/MULTI-QUOTE within 30 minutes of posting.
Old 20th January 2014, 17:30   #2151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Done 6000 kms in 10 months bro. But that includes at least 1-2 months of travel outside Pune for work. And then I still prefer sharing duties between by Baleno and my Storme - best of both worlds for me frankly. The Zen is the city / school / crowded shopping car. And then there is my Bullet and my KTM which also need attention and highway miles. Its a hard life. And yes, undoubtedly family time (read: touring/long drive time) has been at a premium.

Last edited by ebonho : 20th January 2014 at 17:44.
Old 20th January 2014, 17:59   #2152
BHPian

Quote:
Any specific Service Advisor / mechanic / supervisor you recommend at Concorde Mathura Rd? Just asking. (And don't know how to tag someone here, so using the quote).
Albeit late I use Sunil. He's good. I am sure you are done by now. Do post your experience for us.
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 21:37   #2153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Albeit late I use Sunil. He's good. I am sure you are done by now. Do post your experience for us.
Since this was predominantly only a 'check and correct' service, nothing much was done. I drove in at about 12PM and drove out at 5:30PM. The overall experience was just about OK. The SA did his job and so did the other supervisors down the line. But there are always those 'smarter than thou' guys who try to tell you things as if you are a moron and don't know anything; had to shut one of them up for trying to explain how the windows lock worked. BTW, can anyone confirm if the windows get locked when the switch is in down position (LED on) or when the switch is in up position (LED off). In my case, the windows are locked if in up position and I find it strange. One of the other Storme owners there also confirmed the same thing in their car.
And yes, they still managed to mess up. My rear right fog light was not working, which was diagnosed to chewed up wire (rats). It was chewed up, I saw it. But when they repaired and put it back, the reverse sensor has stopped working (which I realised only after getting back home while reversing into the parking). So now, I have to go back there again.
The CRB noise issue has been resolved for now through some purported adjustment that they have done; will see if it recurs. The brake squealing at low speed has also been sorted out.
The washing was alright, but drying was not up to the mark. Water trickles from here and there kept appearing after I started driving. Also, the 'cleaned' windshield inside was dirtier than when I gave the car in. Why isn't there some sort of drying booth or something like that instead of a couple of guys doing a shoddy job? The washing was fully automated, so why not the drying too?
Overall, just an OK experience. Attaching a photo of the washing, just for fun.
Attached Images

sasi405 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 08:57   #2154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
Done the PDI of my Ex at the dealer today. VIN is MAT617021DNN09873 which I couldn't decode as the 12th letter is N (T-bhp guide says it should be A to M for Jan to Dec).
Can anybody crack the code?
Old 21st January 2014, 09:21   #2155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anybody crack the code?
Garg there is a thread for this on team bhp, where the first page itself has details on TATA VIN's bro.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html

Quoting the very first post by Wildon:

Manufacturer: Tata Motors

VIN Characters: 17 (beginning with MAT...)

Decode:

10th character represents the YEAR of Manufacture
12th character represents the MONTH of Manufacture

An Example:

If your 10th VIN character is A, then it represents the Year - 2010
If your 12th VIN character is G, then it represents the Month - July

Month Codes:

A = JAN
B = FEB
C = MAR
D = APR
E = MAY
F = JUN
G = JUL
H = AUG
J = SEP
K = OCT
L = NOV
M = DEC

Year Codes:

A = 2010
B = 2011
C = 2012
D = 2013
E = 2014
F = 2015
G = 2016
H = 2017
J = 2018
K = 2019

P.S. The letters "I", "O" and "Q" are never used in a VIN.

Your VIN is MAT617021DNN09873

Your year of manufacture therefore is 2013.

Month I do not know because N does not stand for anything .... could be M (December). Please recheck.

Last edited by ebonho : 21st January 2014 at 09:33.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 09:48   #2156
BHPian

Quote:
Month I do not know because N does not stand for anything .... could be M (December). Please recheck.
That's why the confusion. The VIN is exactly what I mentioned here, checked on both Sticker and Metal tag under bonnet. Is it possible that the coding system at TATA is revised?
Old 21st January 2014, 10:31   #2157
BHPian

Quote:
Well it depends on each owner and their circumstances , I have done 20000 in a year with my vehicle parked for a month .
Old 21st January 2014, 15:21   #2158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Your year of manufacture therefore is 2013.

So we can estimate that the veh is manufactured just 1-2 months ago. That looks good to me.

Quote:
Is it possible that the coding system at TATA is revised?
VIN coding is universal. Manufacturers cannot change the coding.

@YGarg, are you sure you didnt make a mistake in writing it down ? EIther way, since that particular letter is not A-L, we know it was after Nov 2013, so should be ok .. what say ?
Old 21st January 2014, 15:27   #2159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@YGarg, are you sure you didnt make a mistake in writing it down ? EIther way, since that particular letter is not A-L, we know it was after Nov 2013, so should be ok .. what say ?
The National showroom guys made the SAME mistake when they sent me my VIN before I got the cheque processed and the Insurance policy done. Only when I actually checked the number during PDI (one of the things I did not do at the prior pre registration chek - which I should have first) that I discovered this. I think I have mentioned this somewhere early on in my Beastie thread. Major phone calls to the showroom and the company, every top guy summoned and standing around me on tenterhooks, the works!
Old 21st January 2014, 23:01   #2160
BHPian

Looking for alloys for my Storme and want to keep to the original specs of 6.5 J. However, most of the dealers I talk to seem to be out of options for this spec alloys. Any pointers as to where I can get these other than the OEM TATA alloys?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks