Old 28th February 2014, 19:05   #2311
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Congrats Hari.. Welcome to Storme club. Hope we can have a meet again
g_prajeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 14:19   #2312
BHPian

Completed first long family trip with my storme yesterday. I covered 2000 km (Kota > Delhi > Dehradun > Bijnor (UP) > Mathura > Back) in 6 days with family and luggage but storme kept us comfortable irrespective of the road being expressway or rural roads.
Current odo reading is 2400 km, and the mileage I got is around 12 kmpl (with conservative running as the engine is new).
One day while reversing I banged by Storme into a slow moving JCB, and broke its right tail light plastic (red). Luckily, there was no contact with any other part of the car!
Old 1st March 2014, 21:47   #2313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Update: 10 months, 14245 km. 3rd Service done today.
Oil & filters covered under AMC.
Some consumables for Rs 224/-
Any difference after the first oil change ? Also is there a way one can ascertain oil change was done this is a general query
Old 1st March 2014, 21:57   #2314
Distinguished - BHPian

@Narayan, steady as before. Just a little difference due to the new oil.

How to ascertain the new oil ? Check the oil with the dip-stick before you take delivery. I did this, (was primarily to ensure that the oil was not above max level on the dipstick). and the oil was fresh, light green-ish or so in color.
Old 3rd March 2014, 12:26   #2315
Senior - BHPian

Two of my friends had picked up the Storme VX versions during the last few months. The first one's Storme has the ambient temperature display while the second one's Storme does not display the ambient temperature. When he checked with Tata Motors this is what he was told

Quote:
Dear Sir,

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you on the issues reported in your workshop. The door bush are been arranged by dealer and the same is been communicated by Mr. Subrato in trailing mail.

I would like to answer your query regarding outside temperature sensor, temperature sensor is removed from the cut of chassis DNJ08151 where as your vehicle chassis is after the break point which is DNJ08xxxx, hence the feature is not available in your vehicle.
So it looks like they have removed this feature as well. Can people who have bought the Storme with chassis number greater than DNJ08151 check and confirm this?
pjbiju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 13:00   #2316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Two of my friends had picked up the Storme VX The first one's Storme has the ambient temperature display while the second one's Storme does not display the ambient temperature.
My cousin's Manza MID wasn't showing the ambient temperature when he bought last year, but it was present as a feature in their brochure. When he contacted the dealer, they gave him some reason like above. He escalated the matter to Tata Motors after which they replaced it with the MID which shows the ambient temperature.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 14:29   #2317
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Any difference after the first oil change ? Also is there a way one can ascertain oil change was done this is a general query
The best way to be sure is to remain with your car, while it is being serviced.
Checking dipstick before taking delivery is important (to ensure that oil is not above the upper mark-even by 0.5mm that is), but would not be very helpful to check, if the oil was changed at all, because diesel engine oils turn black very quickly (a matter of few minutes) after starting the engine.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 14:34   #2318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
The best way to be sure is to remain with your car, while it is being serviced.
Checking dipstick before taking delivery is important (to ensure that oil is not above the upper mark-even by 0.5mm that is), but would not be very helpful to check, if the oil was changed at all, because diesel engine oils turn black very quickly (a matter of few minutes) after starting the engine.
Exactly right (both about actually seeing the oil changed as well as the oil turning black in minutes). I drove my truck to National and had told them before hand not to open the seal on the oil packs till I was there. This is a once in a year change. I do not have a problem taking some time out to have the peace of mind for 365 days later that the oil was actually changed and what I aske for actually went into the vehicle (and how it went in). I do the same with my Bullet as well - not with my KTM though. The KTM workshop and the guys there somehow give me that kind of confidence. For my Marutis too (Chowgule). I guess over time I'll do the same with my truck as well. We'll see. Trust and confidence has to be earned. Its not an automatic thing. And when it comes to my vehicle/s vs hurting someone's feelingsego/sense of propriety, I'll choose the former every time.

Last edited by ebonho : 3rd March 2014 at 14:37.
Old 3rd March 2014, 15:05   #2319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
So it looks like they have removed this feature as well. Can people who have bought the Storme with chassis number greater than DNJ08151 check and confirm this?
My Ex is of chassis no greater than this (DNNxxxxx) and Temp display doesn't work from day one. May be the information given by TATA is correct. However I'm going to get it checked at next service.
Old 3rd March 2014, 21:12   #2320
BHPian

Couldn't find if it has been reported earlier, so sharing with you all. I accidentally found out today that my Storme is fitted with OEM supplied theft-deterrent car alarm (it is not even specified in the manual).
As it happened, I stopped to buy some grocery. My wife said she will stay in the car, so pulled down the window glasses slightly and habitually folded the wing mirrors and took out the keys. Then got off and remote locked the doors. But then gave back the keys to my wife in the car. When I returned after some time, my wife opened the locks using the driver side central lock. And as soon as I opened the rear passenger side door, the car broke into a frenzy of actions. The horns started blowing and the turn-indicators and the blinkers started blinking. I was taken aback for a moment and then took the keys and unlock remotely after which everything settled down.
I tried that procedure intentionally in the evening and the same thing happened.
Have any of you noticed the same? Or is it standard for remote locking systems?
Old 3rd March 2014, 22:09   #2321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
My Ex is of chassis no greater than this (DNNxxxxx) and Temp display doesn't work from day one. May be the information given by TATA is correct. However I'm going to get it checked at next service.
So maybe that answers why my temp sensor doesn't work either! But such a bummer! And TATA never said anything about removing this feature either! The SA will have a lot to answer for in the next visit of mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymant View Post
Have any of you noticed the same? Or is it standard for remote locking systems?
I think that it is an integral part of all Stormes.
Old 3rd March 2014, 22:54   #2322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
I think that it is an integral part of all Stormes.
Oh okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
So maybe that answers why my temp sensor doesn't work either! ...
But is it required at all. At least, I never felt any need for it. Of course, TATA should have made the information that they are removing it available to the customers.
Old 4th March 2014, 13:03   #2323
BHPian

On folks waiting for upgraded version of safari Storme, looks like the wait is come closer to an end after the launch of Aria.

And most of the features of Aria can be seen in Storme, would be glad to see beast with these features seen in Aria as shown in the leaked spec sheet of Aria.
Old 4th March 2014, 19:55   #2324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
And most of the features of Aria can be seen in Storme, would be glad to see beast with these features seen in Aria as shown in the leaked spec sheet of Aria.
Which features are you referring to ?
Old 5th March 2014, 10:33   #2325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Which features are you referring to ?
I'm guessing the 150 bhp and 400 Nm torque engine at the very least.

Though the 6 speaker Harman Kardon system would be on my list of swap wants too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks