Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2014, 20:58   #3361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Lukeskywalker - where are such spray paint cans available ? I want to specifically buy matte grey and paint the roof carrier but couldn't get something online. Any pointers would help
Matte grey or Smoked Grey is available with Jaysmokesleaves who's a member here, you can send him a PM.
Note: He's not a reseller, he just has extra cans which he wants to give away to friends.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 15:26   #3362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Did a small DIY ( The second one after the coating on rear bumper) using a can of Carlas Plastidip, I covered the chrome grin of the Storme with a matte Black finish:

Attachment 1289285

Attachment 1289286

Then after the Plastidip was semi dry, used a small paper blade to cut out the lettering to retain the Storme badging in chrome

Attachment 1289287

Attachment 1289288

I somehow liked the panel when it was completely in Black, so may use more of the plastidip to recoat it completely black.
Way to go Luke . Its done so aesthetically..and its giving such a sophisticated look. May be , Tata can do with You on their design team . Hats off
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 17:40   #3363
BHPian

Quote:
I somehow liked the panel when it was completely in Black, so may use more of the plastidip to recoat it completely black.
The final shot with STORME embossing in chrome looks superb. It goes well with the Tata logo right underneath it. Looks like you completed the unfinished design of the vehicle.

You should copyright this bonnet lip design, who knows you may make a fortune out of it some day
psurelia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 12:09   #3364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did a small DIY ( The second one after the coating on rear bumper) using a can of Carlas Plastidip, I covered the chrome grin of the Storme with a matte Black finish:

Remove the Tata Logo from the grille and keep the storme in chrome! a.la. the landrovers!
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 12:31   #3365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Remove the Tata Logo from the grille and keep the storme in chrome! a.la. the landrovers!
I think the chrome lettering on the matte black looks neat too.

But call it personal bias, but I would never remove the TATA logo. Our country was literally built on TATA heavy vehicles. So its a bit of heritage I'm driving - and flaunting with pride!

Not to mention that as an Indian I'm also making a statement to each of my foreign partners when they admire my SUV and ask me what it was and who built it. And I then like to leave the punchline for the end - the Indian giant that OWNS Rover.

Call it reverse colonialism if you must. But I enjoy the kick it gives me.
ebonho is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 13:03   #3366
Distinguished - BHPian

Option:
1. Cover the letters with something & prepare the rest of the strip with matte black.
2. Final layer with clear coat - This will give you a protective layer.
If you dont have such a layer, then the matte black layer will be vulnerable at the edges of the letters
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 15:25   #3367
Senior - BHPian

Guys any idea on when the Storme update is scheduled for launch? also what updates can be expected and will there be any price hike?

One of my friend is planning to book it next month.

Thanks!
Old 20th September 2014, 16:10   #3368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
what updates can be expected and will there be any price hike?

Thanks!
Please note that you would not get the current mouth watering discounts ( Close to 1,20,000) on the refreshed model. Also, as far as I have read the changes are not ground breaking.
Old 21st September 2014, 19:56   #3369
BHPian

Hello guys. Came across these modified Storme, which have been shown at the 2014 Indonesia International Motor Show.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-tatasafaristormemodifiedatthe2014indonesiainternationalmotorshowfront.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-tatasafaristormemodifiedatthe2014indonesiainternationalmotorshowprofile.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-tatasafaristormemodifiedatthe2014indonesiainternationalmotorshowfrontquarter.jpg  

Old 21st September 2014, 20:48   #3370

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymant View Post
Hello guys. Came across these modified Storme, which have been shown at the 2014 Indonesia International Motor Show.
Why Tata why ?it seems like revamp hideous Scorpio , designer team have migrated to Tata.

by the way this should be in " weird and wacky mod" thread.
Old 21st September 2014, 20:54   #3371
Distinguished - BHPian

That screams DC. Weird and wacky for sure, plus all the exposed mechanicals upfront aren't helping one bit. Was this in official TATA pavilion or part of some independent design house pavilion?
Old 21st September 2014, 23:41   #3372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
That screams DC. Weird and wacky for sure, plus all the exposed mechanicals upfront aren't helping one bit. Was this in official TATA pavilion or part of some independent design house pavilion?
It was no DC. It came from the official TATA pavilion. They also showcased a 3-door Vista. The following link carries more pics.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post406904
kaymant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 23:47   #3373
BHPian

surely that is not coming from tata design team... has to be some regional design workshop output
Old 22nd September 2014, 09:23   #3374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymant View Post
It was no DC. It came from the official TATA pavilion. They also showcased a 3-door Vista. The following link carries more pics.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post406904
This is what TML research team gets paid for? WOW - something is fundamentally flawed!! I would think DC would be insulted if this is attributed to them!
Old 22nd September 2014, 13:33   #3375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Please note that you would not get the current mouth watering discounts ( Close to 1,20,000) on the refreshed model. Also, as far as I have read the changes are not ground breaking.
But does anybody have any idea of what these changes are going to be.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks