Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2018, 10:00   #4486
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post
Dear Friends,

I am not very pleased with inspections & replies of service advisor in past and will really appreciate your guidance.

Thanks,

Sunit
Alignment should be checked first as vehicle moves sideways when you break.
Also check if there is no misfiring in injectors causing jerks at low speed
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 10:05   #4487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Alignment should be checked first as vehicle moves sideways when you break.
Also check if there is no misfiring in injectors causing jerks at low speed
When you brake and the car moves in one direction, it is usually the Braking system than the alignment.

Worn out pads/Sticky caliper pistons are one of the reasons for this because the brake force for front wheel is not uniform and hence this pull happens to one side, if only while braking.

In general, on a flat road, is the vehicle is pulling to one side soon after releasing your hands off the steering, it is generally the alignment.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 10:45   #4488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
When you brake and the car moves in one direction, it is usually the Braking system than the alignment.

Worn out pads/Sticky caliper pistons are one of the reasons for this because the brake force for front wheel is not uniform and hence this pull happens to one side, if only while braking.

In general, on a flat road, is the vehicle is pulling to one side soon after releasing your hands off the steering, it is generally the alignment.
Well in case of Safari alignment also causes the breaking issue.
Since he has done the suspension work that is first suspect and easiest to check.

In Dicor LSPV setting was the usual suspect as the break force distribution has to be uniform at rear wheel however I am not sure if it applies to storme or not.

Breakpads last around 45K KM and worn breaks give loud screeching sound so stand out easily.
Old 5th October 2018, 10:52   #4489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Since he has done the suspension work that is first suspect and easiest to check.
Agreed. Any suspension work including steering jobs to be followed with alignment.
Quote:
Breakpads last around 45K KM and worn breaks give loud screeching sound so stand out easily.
Life of brake pads will be totally dependent on the driving style and the nature of roads taken which is a different topic altogether.

But regarding the wearing out of pads and the screeching noise (more evident while reversing than forward) is again to do with the life of the pads itself but a stuck caliper piston or a badly bled braking system can cause this (Pull) even on a fresh set of pads.
Old 5th October 2018, 19:00   #4490
BHPian

Thank you for suggestions, I am visiting service center tomorrow will share update. Alignment was done as part of service, and issue is not at the time of braking but when i am going over potholes or speed breaker where I feel lack of control. Will get injector, brake pads/calipers, alignment checked.
Old 5th October 2018, 21:33   #4491
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Storme VX now coming with 17inch alloys.
Very frankly, TML continues to disappoint with this...these alloys are clearly the leftover stocks from the erstwhile Aria.

I mean, why TML, why are you hell bent on on killing one of the most iconic SUV brands in India??
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 09:55   #4492
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
these alloys are clearly the leftover stocks from the erstwhile Aria.

Lol. I noticed this too. There must a huge stock of Aria alloys sitting with the vendor/TML. But frankly, I like this design compared to the earlier Storme Alloy. If they would just put an ASIN 5-Speed automatic with 4WD, in this car, I would still buy it.
Old 10th October 2018, 21:18   #4493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
These alloys were used on the Aria earlier. And they looked pretty cool too. But introducing new alloys on the Safari means this vehicle is going to remain alive some more time (not going to be replaced by the Harrier).
My guess is that Safari is too iconic a vehicle discontinued by Tata Motors. There still exists a segment that prefers a rugged looking vehicle. Just observe the demand for the recently launched Suzuki Jinny. And the Thar is still holding its own.

IMHO, many of the new models from various manufacturers, albeit ticking all the boxes to be classified as SUVs, resemble sedans.

Further, with the elections round the corner, there will be an increased demand for the Safari in the hinterlands of Northern India.
Zezé is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 22:44   #4494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Just observe the demand for the recently launched Suzuki Jinny.
I guess you meant the Jimny. This is yet to be launched in India. Not in the near future.
Old 11th October 2018, 11:06   #4495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
I guess you meant the Jimny. This is yet to be launched in India. Not in the near future.
Sorry for the typo. Yes, I meant the Jimny.

And yes, I am aware that the Jimny is yet to be launched in India and further, MSL have also indicated that a launch is not on the radar. At least not in the near and medium term.

However, notwithstanding the clear signals from MSL, there is a thread on this forum dedicated to the Jimny 2018 launch, with an average of one post per day.

Just goes to show that there exists a demand for such vehicles, which is why TML will think twice before decommissioning the Safari production line.
Old 21st October 2018, 22:33   #4496
BHPian

After 45000 km and 4.5 years, the battery got dead today. Though I was expecting it to happen (As no battery on my Santro lasted more than 4 yrs), it happened rather surprisingly. 2 days back everything was fine, and today I didn't even the position lights not working as soon as I unlocked it.
(Next 2 hours were spent taking out the battery, as the storme was parked tightly in the garage)
Can anybody suggest a good replacement battery? Don't know whether these will fit perfectly or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-screenshot_20181021220324.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-screenshot_20181021220250.jpg  

Last edited by YGarg : 21st October 2018 at 22:35. Reason: Typo error
Old 21st October 2018, 23:12   #4497
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
Can anybody suggest a good replacement battery? Don't know whether these will fit perfectly or not.
They will, and I would recommend the Amaron over Exide due the better product they have, however, Exide has better after sales support.
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 22:03   #4498
Distinguished - BHPian

At odo reading of 69k, another annual service done today, at Prerana Motors - Kudlu gate. It was a quick oil & filter change only - No major work at this time. The previous service was last October with the odo at about 60k. The Storme has now completed 5 and half years now, and I had earlier this year replaced the timing belt too.

Tyres had been changed recently, about approximately 2000 km's now. The first set of Michelin's lasted 5 years, and tread-wise, were good for more, but the fine cracks in the rubber had begun to leak air in at least one tyre. The new set is Yoko Geolandar G015's in stock size. Ride has been good. Manual alignment this time, and the truck's been holding steady direction.

Last edited by condor : 10th November 2018 at 22:11.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 09:23   #4499
BHPian

Hi, I am experiencing a lot of turbo lag in my vehicle from past 10-15 days. My vehicle is due for second service next month and completed 14500kms.
Earlier it used to pull in second gear very easily but now it takes time. I have a Varicor 400.
Is anything related to EGR a problem or maybe dirty air filter?
Please comment your views as I have to plan a long trip next week.
Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 09:38   #4500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
Hi, I am experiencing a lot of turbo lag in my vehicle from past 10-15 days.
Thanks
When you say turbo lag, do you mean it is not pulling cleanly even from 1700-1800 rpm !? I guess EGR issue usually translates to a engine check light; 14.5K sounds too less of a distance for it to be clogged. If that's not the case then check for oil leakage from the turbo. You could also check the engine oil level, to see if it's too low, depending on when you did your last oil change. If you drive in very dusty env, then air filter could be a suspect; guess it'd be better to have it checked before you take the trip.

CHEERS!
avinash_m is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks