Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 17th December 2018, 23:22   #76
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: BMW M5 : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
You're right, the worst car video was a spoof from top gear. The DCT is better compared to the SMG, not sure if that is good enough. The seller hasn't thought of depreciation though, I stand by my comments on the price.
What in your opinion is a fair price for this?

For something which cost between 1.2 and 1.5 on road when it was bought, how much should it depreciate?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2018, 23:47   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
What in your opinion is a fair price for this?

For something which cost between 1.2 and 1.5 on road when it was bought, how much should it depreciate?
The high price is no guarantee of holding its value, a reality of any exotic. It's nearly 7 years old, complicated, works best with premium petrol, that's three strikes right there.

Out of warranty and sold in low numbers, I can't imagine anyone paying more than 30 for this. I'm not saying this is a terrible car, just the fact that in this country, it is hard to maintain except perhaps in metros the complexity calls for expert care. The track record of resale values for high performance petrol isn't encouraging, the 535i wasn't selling for much even GTO bought his 530d, low twenties if I remember correctly.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2018, 01:56   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The asking price is insane for a six year old model, if you have 50 lakhs to spare on a used car, get an M2 Competition. This is good if you can get it for 20 lakhs and keep the remaining money for the inevitably expensive repairs.
Can I ask you how to get an M2 Competition in used market for 50 lac, when the car itself was launched last month in India at 90 Lac ex-showroom?

Regarding this particular M5, if the condition of the car is good and was always serviced on schedule at Dealership, around 40 -45 lac would have been a fair price in my opinion for a serious buyer.

BUT if I go by the condition of leather on Front Seats, from the pictures, this does not look to be the car that someone will buy at 40-50 lac.

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th December 2018 at 02:02.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2018, 09:22   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Can I ask you how to get an M2 Competition in used market for 50 lac, when the car itself was launched last month in India at 90 Lac ex-showroom?

Regarding this particular M5, if the condition of the car is good and was always serviced on schedule at Dealership, around 40 -45 lac would have been a fair price in my opinion for a serious buyer.

BUT if I go by the condition of leather on Front Seats, from the pictures, this does not look to be the car that someone will buy at 40-50 lac.
I was talking about the finance part, what kind of loans are available for such an old car. In addition to the loans you've got to be prepared for big ticket repairs. The M2 might not be that much more expensive over the lifetime of the ownership, a new one, not used.

The M badge is on the bumper and the seats are in bad shape, isn't that a bit too much damage for a car that's done only 28000km? The mileage is believable, I know people with E classes that have done only 32k in 12 years.
avira_tk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2018, 12:20   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The high price is no guarantee of holding its value, a reality of any exotic. It's nearly 7 years old, complicated, works best with premium petrol, that's three strikes right there.

Out of warranty and sold in low numbers, I can't imagine anyone paying more than 30 for this. I'm not saying this is a terrible car, just the fact that in this country, it is hard to maintain except perhaps in metros the complexity calls for expert care. The track record of resale values for high performance petrol isn't encouraging, the 535i wasn't selling for much even GTO bought his 530d, low twenties if I remember correctly.
Well I don't know how you are calculating depreciation. But I've not seen any F10 M5 for less than 45. If you can find one in 30, please do buy it, if not pass it on to me and I will pick it up for sure.

There is a large difference between a 535i and an M5, no point in comparing the values of both.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote