Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2013, 17:13   #166
BHPian

Re: Tata Indica Vista D90 : Official Review

So while I await for my D90 to be delivered, I have been planning on mods needed. Some of them on my list are:
  • Upgrade wheels to 185/65 Yoko Earth 1
  • Leather Seats
  • Spoiler
  • Team-BHP Stickers (Ordered already )
  • Reverse Sensors + Camera

Now I need help from the experts on the last one (Reverse Camera) - Vista D90 ZX+ comes with a 2-Din Touchscreen unit. After a lot of research, I found that the system used is the Blaupunkt - New York 800. Now when I checked with Concorde Motors on the feasibility of getting a simple camera fixed to the unit - first they didn't know if it was possible, on going from one-person-to-another finally got an answer that the camera unit is not available at Concorde Motors / TATA dealerships and I have to look elsewhere.

On further digging around, I got hold of the exhaustive user manual from one of the Blaupunkt sites and it has the below wire-diagram for the setup.
Tata Indica Vista D90 : Official Review-tata-vista-d90-hu-wiring-diagram-jason.jpg

I am more interested on this below part of the diagram that talks about how the reverse camera can be setup.
Tata Indica Vista D90 : Official Review-tata-vista-d90-reverse-camera-jason.jpg
I did understand the aspect of connecting the camera input (Yellow Plug). But need help in how the Green Plug needs to be connected. If someone can throw more light into this - this will only require me to buy a camera and no need of an entire setup of additional screen, etc.
jasonblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 11:10   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Also please let us know if there continues to be slight vibration felt through the gear lever, and a not so smooth feel when pressing the clutch pedal.
I have owned and driven the D90 ZX+ now for 20 days and 2.2K kms, never felt both the irritants mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonblr View Post
There goes the verdict - I fell in love with the Vista D90 ZX+. Though many of my friends and relatives advised against going for a Tata vehicle - I was convinced reading numerous reviews that the newer batches from mid-2012 are good. My SA confirmed on this too and said D90 was the best car built in-terms of quality till date by TATA.

We did a PDI today and made the full payment to Concorde Motors, expecting the vehicle to be ready by Thursday(10/31) or next week.
Congrats Jasonblr on the decision and good luck with your ZX+. Overall it is a good VFM car.
Old 29th October 2013, 14:45   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepzkonnected View Post
Congrats Jasonblr on the decision and good luck with your ZX+. Overall it is a good VFM car.
Thank you deepzkonnected !! (You must consider changing your signature now that you have had the car for 3 weeks )

Regarding the reverse camera - I raised the question through the Vista Facebook page a day ago and yesterday got a prompt feedback on a FB message asking for my contact details. Guest what I got a call from a TATA official saying that they checked the inventory at Concorde Motors and found the camera available but the wiring harness needs to be ordered from Blaupunkt - they have ordered the same and will be delivered to Concorde by early next week. I can then get it installed from Concorde motors.

I am just excited to see the level of customer support from TATA!! Setting really good standards!!
Old 29th October 2013, 15:09   #169
BHPian

There goes the verdict - I fell in love with the Vista D90 ZX+. Though many of my friends and relatives advised against going for a Tata vehicle -

Good choice!! I own a 2009 Vista and have clocked 56000 kms over 4 years. I have not had a single break down and whatever issues I had were promptly taken up by the TATA ASC guys. Just ensure that you service her on time and you will have no issues with the car.

All the best!!
bigben is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 10:14   #170
Senior - BHPian

Today morning got my camera back from my B-I-L. Hence sharing some of the pictures that were taken during the time of delivery. Apologies no interior pictures yet.

Tata Indica Vista D90 : Official Review-vista01.jpg

Tata Indica Vista D90 : Official Review-vista02.jpg

Tata Indica Vista D90 : Official Review-vista03.jpg

Tata Indica Vista D90 : Official Review-vista04.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2013, 11:30   #171
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't the D90 come with alloy wheels? Or is that an option?
Old 1st November 2013, 12:36   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Doesn't the D90 come with alloy wheels? Or is that an option?
D90 comes in 2 variants - VX and ZX+. ZX+ (Top End) comes with Alloy Wheels.
jasonblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 15:07   #173
BHPian

Tata Motors has now discontinued the Vista D90.
Great entry and great exit
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 16:37   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Tata Motors has now discontinued the Vista D90.
Great entry and great exit
It's still showing up on Tata's website.
Old 15th December 2013, 11:10   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Tata's paint quality of one of the best (if not the best). Proof of the pudding? My car is 9.3 years old now, with no paint protection, no wax polish, no any kind of treatment. (Only care taken is washed with plain water regularly & parked in covered parking most of the times)
It's more a statement to how you have taken good care of it, and not the paint quality. I know of an Indica, almost twelve years old now, which has a fading/dulled paint. It too is washed with plain water every day, but sits out on the road, exposed to the elements.

I have a Ford Ikon in the family which is ten years old and had its paint chipped at many places - it was repainted again a couple of months back to bring it back to the new look. It had an enclosed parking for the ten years it was with the original owner, and after a brief two year period of street parking it's now back into an enclosed parking.

So if the car's paint has not faded after more than 9 years, it's because you have taken good care of it and not because Tata's paint quality has improved.

For claiming superior manufacturer quality of paint, the paint should be able to withstand the elements of nature. Show me a car which has only been washed (and not waxed every six months/one year) and has been braving the nature all these years and still has no chipped/faded paint, and then we can claim the manufacturer has a top-notch paint quality.

Last edited by honeybee : 15th December 2013 at 11:11. Reason: Correction: Indica is not owned by me, so changing the wording suitably
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 12:16   #176
Senior - BHPian

I'm very happy with the paint on my indica. Has held up wonderfully despite being left out in the elements for two years, and being assaulted by my security in the name of washing for the rest of the time. Two good things I will never complain about my Indica is the paint and the Ac.

But have to say, My indica is in a fade resistant color

Last edited by greenhorn : 4th January 2014 at 12:18.
Old 24th January 2014, 09:29   #177
Senior - BHPian

Old school bookish marketing practices :

After the discontinuation of the Vista D90, and introduction of the Vista Tech (with a price cut), Tata is now offering 50K discounts for the 2013 stock of Vista D90.

Tata Indica Vista D90 : Official Review-pic.jpg

IMO Stock clearance should mean just that. Tata could've offered this 2 months ago when the discount would've had some value with a significant price difference from Swift or any other hatches - they'd even have generated some interest in the market.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 24th January 2014 at 09:38.
Old 12th April 2014, 19:59   #178
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I am in final talks to buy a 2013 D90 Vx model 20000 kms old, red colour
I have been quoted 3.60L
Can you please advise me regarding few markers or things to see before I finalize the deal.
Please advise on what to look out for.
What documents to find out like extended warranty, AMC etc

Regards
Old 12th April 2014, 20:55   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
Dear Friends,

I am in final talks to buy a 2013 D90 Vx model 20000 kms old, red colour
I have been quoted 3.60L
Can you please advise me regarding few markers or things to see before I finalize the deal.
Please advise on what to look out for.
What documents to find out like extended warranty, AMC etc

Regards
I have sent you a private message replying to your query that you posted to me. Repeating the same for the benefit of others as well.

Are you sure you are being quoted 3.60L for a 2013 D90 Vx model 20000 kms old. That price is ridiculously low for a one year old car, which retails at 6.5 to 7 lacs on road. Just now I checked on carwale and below are the results. Even for a car in fair condition of the vintage and running you mentioned, the price quoted is 5 lacs.

Tata Indica Vista D90 : Official Review-carwale-quote-vista-d90-vx-2013.jpg

So is your offer from a dealer or from an individual? Is the owner of the car known to you? If it is not from a reliable source then better stay away from this car, as it may turn out to be an accident prone car being offered at a very lucrative price. However if it is from a known source and you are absolutely sure, that it is not an accident car and there are no major issues in the car, then this could be the "steal deal of the century" and you can go for it.
Old 13th April 2014, 13:20   #180
BHPian

Dear friends, Got to see the car today. According to Vin car is October 2012. Registration done in March 2013. Total kms is 35000. Tyres are gone, ABS light was on constantly. Clutch was hard and was biting at end. Car is bank finance one so the cost is low. Still scope of further bargaining.
Presently I am in dual mind. Only positive is price. Need to get service details from company.
Need guidance on Why ABS light is constantly ON. What can be reason? How many kms Tyres go away, they are Bridgestone
Thankx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks