Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2013, 19:21   #121
BANNED

Re: Tata Indica Vista D90 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepzkonnected View Post
One more thing on which I need some help is as part of discounts, the dealer mentioned that I can give him a copy of the RC book of my dad's car and he should be able to give me about 14K additional discount. Can someone tell me what is the trick being played here?
Good choice, there friend. Having used 4 TATAs in the last 11 years, let me pitch in with a praise in terms of robustness and reliability. None have failed me on the road, ever, touch wood.

Yes, the RC is for an exchange on paper. How does it matter what he uses it for ? The car and the RC is with you, you may cross it across when submitting just as if you have discarded an old / extra copy. That's all. You are getting a cash discount, and for I know, the amount may be more than you can fetch for a Maruti 800 these days, no offence meant, just facts.

Go ahead and get a bargain. As others have vouched for already, the product is mature, has a great USP and of course, value.
lifebuoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 20:06   #122

Thanks to all TBHPians who helped me clear that element of doubt in my purchase. One big choice where I need help is to decide the color considering the possibility of fading, availability and ease of touch up etc. My choice for now is Cavern Grey and Spice Red.
Old 18th September 2013, 21:29   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to all TBHPians who helped me clear that element of doubt in my purchase. One big choice where I need help is to decide the color considering the possibility of fading, availability and ease of touch up etc. My choice for now is Cavern Grey and Spice Red.
Spice red on the D 90 by far the best of the lot
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 21:39   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Spice red on the D 90 by far the best of the lot
I love the Cavern Grey will be my choice if I buy this car. It raises the looks of this car to another level.
Old 18th September 2013, 21:45   #125
BHPian

[quote=lifebuoy;3241259]Good choice, there friend. Having used 4 TATAs in the last 11 years, let me pitch in with a praise in terms of robustness and reliability. None have failed me on the road, ever, touch wood.

Totally agree with you. I own a Quadrajet now and I am really happy with the overall package. It is 4 years old and about 53k kilometers under its belt and I have never had any issues till date. I have also found the TATA A.S.S. to be good. Definitely robust and reliable and I also vouch for that as well.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 18:38   #126
BANNED

Quote:
Do not go for bright colours, the enthusiasm in them fades along with the colour. secondly, having S Gold on my Indigo and A Silver on my ARIA means that dust gets noticed when it's a layer on the car, not before (less effort on cleaning by me). Colours like black, white , Spice Red tend to show up the smallest of scratches as well.

I would prefer the silver. Will look sober now, but will keep looking good for years. Anyway, colour is individual choice, so buy what YOU like.
Old 19th September 2013, 19:12   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post

Do not go for bright colours, the enthusiasm in them fades along with the colour. secondly, having S Gold on my Indigo and A Silver on my ARIA means that dust gets noticed when it's a layer on the car, not before (less effort on cleaning by me). Colours like black, white , Spice Red tend to show up the smallest of scratches as well.

I would prefer the silver. Will look sober now, but will keep looking good for years. Anyway, colour is individual choice, so buy what YOU like.
Believe me just go ahead and buy the Colour you like the most. You won't regret the purchase . Being a Manza owner for 2+years now , 1 thing which I can vouch for is that it will give umpteen number of instances where you will feel the d90 is superior to it's immediate counterparts viz the Swift and the I 20. The robustness of the underbody will give you that superiority feeling after you have completely understood the d90 in a few months of ownership.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 12:03   #128

Thanks Madhu33, Lifebuoy, gsurya & bigben. Your words are going a long way in building confidence in the product.

I am doing this purchase through Concorde Mumbai. I had mailed the sales rep for Cavern Grey but then Missus wanted to have a look of the color on the car. On my way back from work, I noticed a taxi parked in one of the by lanes and actually took her there to see the color. With this, out went Cavern Grey and so I have finalized on Spice Red after giving in to the Missus's choice of color. Sent the pics of a SR Vista to my friends and none could stop appreciating.

Have now gone ahead with the booking and promise to post the buying and initial ownership experience soon.
Old 20th September 2013, 12:58   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Madhu33, Lifebuoy, gsurya & bigben. Your words are going a long way in building confidence in the product.

I am doing this purchase through Concorde Mumbai. I had mailed the sales rep for Cavern Grey but then Missus wanted to have a look of the color on the car. On my way back from work, I noticed a taxi parked in one of the by lanes and actually took her there to see the color. With this, out went Cavern Grey and so I have finalized on Spice Red after giving in to the Missus's choice of color. Sent the pics of a SR Vista to my friends and none could stop appreciating.

Have now gone ahead with the booking and promise to post the buying and initial ownership experience soon.
The spice red looks good. The chrome weather Shields on the windows , the chrome ring around the fog lamps , black roof ... They all give the spice red vista a premium look and feel . Btw does your d90 come with a touch screen infotainment system?
Old 20th September 2013, 13:39   #130
BHPian

Quote:
With this, out went Cavern Grey and so I have finalized on Spice Red after giving in to the Missus's choice of color. Sent the pics of a SR Vista to my friends and none could stop appreciating.

Spice red is the most popular colour and you are definitely making the right choice. The black top also gives it a sporty look. Congratulations! Do post snaps when you get possession of your beauty.

Last edited by noopster : 20th September 2013 at 14:26. Reason: Quoted tags fixed and edited- please quote only relevant part
Old 20th September 2013, 14:14   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Spice red is the most popular colour and you are definitely making the right choice. The black top also gives it a sporty look. Congratulations! Do post snaps when you get possession of your beauty.
Spice Red looks stunning with the black roof, but according to the Sales Rep, Cavern Grey sells the most. May be due to urgnecy to close my sale.
Old 20th September 2013, 19:57   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Btw does your d90 come with a touch screen infotainment system?
Yes, I booked ZX+ which comes with factory fitted touch screen infotainment system. The VX does not have that.
Old 20th September 2013, 21:44   #133
BANNED

Quote:
Spice Red looks stunning with the black roof, but according to the Sales Rep, Cavern Grey sells the most. May be due to urgency to close my sale.
To hell with what sells the most ! As I said earlier, buy what YOU want. The spice red is indeed a sporty colour.

I would recommend getting the extended warranty done and you may like to enter into the AMC (Silver) that would take care of your expenses towards consumables during service. This also includes the filters for change (as per schedule) ans wheel alignment / balancing costs. The silver AMC for my Nano costs 2906/- for 2 yrs at Concorde, Delhi.
Old 20th September 2013, 21:47   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I booked ZX+ which comes with factory fitted touch screen infotainment system. The VX does not have that.

what is the price of the zx+ on road? How is the vehicle doing and what mileage do you get? And would you recommend this vehicle?
Old 20th September 2013, 21:53   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
I would recommend getting the extended warranty done and you may like to enter into the AMC (Silver) that would take care of your expenses towards consumables during service. This also includes the filters for change (as per schedule) ans wheel alignment / balancing costs.
Yes, I have opted to buy these for my D90. It indeed is a good deal with all the consumables covered. Thanks for the suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
what is the price of the zx+ on road? How is the vehicle doing and what mileage do you get? And would you recommend this vehicle?
Hi Bigben, OTR in Mumbai works up to 7.92 inclusive of AMC, Extended Warranty and discounts. I am yet to get the delivery, just booked it yesterday. My TD vehicle had done about 6.2K km and the vehicle was in top condition, no rattling etc, the official review at the beginning of this thread is accurate. Will post mileage as I go past my ownership milestones.

For the recommendation part, as of now because I booked the vehicle, I would at least suggest every prospective buyer to take a TD and that should probably convert into a serious contender for few.

Last edited by moralfibre : 21st September 2013 at 07:52. Reason: Back to back posts.

Most Viewed