Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2013, 21:08   #61
BHPian

Re: Honda CR-V : Driven

Good review, saw the CRV 2013 in the showroom as Honda is delaying the Test Drive release/s due to the impending release of the AMAZE (its on a priority). However, showroom guys also claim that 13.7 ARAI shall translate to 13 on highway and 10 on the city (i.e. they are near ARAI limits). Low maintenance as Honda is the least error prone engine, so costs might be low (in terms of both maintenance & running costs) ???

However, one query is - I last yr drove to Ladakh with an Innova in tow. At a place called Sarchu, my Safari did a stretch of kuccha road (with the centre of the road as increased furrow), where the Innova did the stretch on 1 set of wheel and the chassis (with the 2nd set of wheels free in the air). This CRV's ground clearance at 170 mm is lesser than the Innova's 176 mm, so wouldn't that also get stuck, or the broader width of the wheelbase will make it go through.

Additionally, near the 21 hairpin bends called the Gata Loops, I tried upwards offroading with my manual 4x2 Safari and was able to manage it (will a CRV be able to manage that) without getting the bumper hit about ?

Any guesses as to whether CRV would take all these (as it claims to be a SUV, even though albeit as a softroader only)

Thx in advance,
biplav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 15:49   #62
BHPian

Couldn't find any other active thread on the new CRV so have decided to use this thread in hope of solving my dilemma. . I am in market for an automatic SUV and finding it tough to decide between CRV 2.4 AT and fortuner AT. Would appreciate your inputs to help me decide between the two.

Please note I am not considering any other SUV in this range or beyond for obvious reasons.

My requirements:
1. Since it will be self driven most of the time, which of the two has better drivability in city.
2. It should seat 5 adults in comfort.
3. Light on pocket to maintain, which of the two has better RS per km.
4. Will be keeping it for 5 years, so which of the two will have better resale value.

Note I currently own cruze AT and jazz.
Does anyone have actual figures for maintenance of old crv and fortuner?
Old 6th April 2013, 16:16   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveshsingh View Post
Couldn't find any other active thread on the new CRV so have decided to use this thread in hope of solving my dilemma. . I am in market for an automatic SUV and finding it tough to decide between CRV 2.4 AT and fortuner AT. Would appreciate your inputs to help me decide between the two.

Please note I am not considering any other SUV in this range or beyond for obvious reasons.

My requirements:
1. Since it will be self driven most of the time, which of the two has better drivability in city.
2. It should seat 5 adults in comfort.
3. Light on pocket to maintain, which of the two has better RS per km.
4. Will be keeping it for 5 years, so which of the two will have better resale value.

Note I currently own cruze AT and jazz.
Does anyone have actual figures for maintenance of old crv and fortuner?
The Fortuner can be difficult to handle in the city due to its large size.

Both of the vehicles would be easy to maintain. The ownership threads for the Fortuner confirm this and CR-V is a Honda after all, but the Fuel Economy of the 2.4 AT will be pretty poor and you should be a petrol baron to handle it.
Also, the Resale value of the Petrol car will surely be worse than the Fortuner.
But the CR-V has better dynamics and more upmarket interiors.

If you can bear a low resale value and low fuel economy for a more Fun to drive car, go for the CR-V, else go for the default D2 SUV
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 12:19   #64

I have a 2013 CRV with a diesel heart...!

Pros

A diesel heart 2.2L under the hood, 350 NM of torque
The highway cruising speed of 120KM/hr the RPM stays just above 2000

Cons
I have the auto transmission verion, it is old school and takes the fun away from the engine. Would have been great if it had a DSG transmission
Old 11th May 2013, 21:15   #65

Picture of my Honda CRV diesel heart
Driven : 4th-gen Honda CR-V (2013)-img2013051100285.jpg
cherianb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 22:19   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherianb View Post
I have a 2013 CRV with a diesel heart...!

Pros

A diesel heart 2.2L under the hood, 350 NM of torque
The highway cruising speed of 120KM/hr the RPM stays just above 2000

Cons
I have the auto transmission verion, it is old school and takes the fun away from the engine. Would have been great if it had a DSG transmission
Are you in Europe somewhere? no chance of the 2.2 i-DTEC in India!

BTW, CR-V is also going to be launched soon with a 1.6 i-DTEC engine (about 125 PS), the same one as in the New Civic. But that too, Europe only
Old 11th May 2013, 22:36   #67

I am based out of South Africa, most of the European versions are available here.
Old 19th August 2013, 20:54   #68
BHPian

Honda launches diesel CR-V in UK. The diesel powered CR-V gets 1.6ltr engine from Honda Civic (Euro spec). More details available at source.
Old 7th October 2013, 01:05   #69
BHPian

Any updates on diesel crv introduction into india ? will we see a diesel crv in 2014 ?
Old 7th October 2013, 14:25   #70
Senior - BHPian

Was there a facelift launched recently ? I saw a new CRV at Sundaram Honda Chennai , and I thought it looked slightly different from what is reviewed here. Also, it was a 4X4 automatic variant.
Old 9th November 2013, 11:01   #71
BHPian

Nice AD from Honda for their CRV 1.6l Diesel variant

vipulbatta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 02:53   #72
BHPian

Honda CRV or ___ please help choose new car

Hello all,

I used to own a 2009 Corolla Altis AT. Recently a month ago i had a massive accident on the highway and my car was crushed. All my family members got out safe however i fractured my arm and have had to get metal implants inserted. My car saved my life however my car is totally smashed and has gone for an insurance write off.

I need to buy a new car now. The whole experience has left me thinking of buying an SUV now however my usage is low with very occasional highway runs and i am not a rash or a fast driver. I do like the occasional burst of speed but after 60 i settle down in higher gear to cruise. I was considering my usage of 500 kms a month and was thinking of either a Honda CRV 2.0 MT or Honda CRV 2.4 AT or a Toyota Corolla AT (7 speed - mine was a 4 speed) or a Honda Accord MT or ____ (please suggest a reliable alternative car). I love driving and i don't want a BMW, Mercedes, Audi as of now. I like the 5 series but its not in my budget as of now. I am slightly averse to Skoda and VW although i love the VW Jetta and Passat but i feel they are overpriced. My budget is around 25 lacs.

One of the reasons i like the CRV is the fact that it has 6 airbags and is reliable being a Honda but i am confused between 2.0 MT and 2.4 AT . I have been using my Corolla Altis AT for 4 - 5 years now and have totally gotten used to the whole AT ways freeing up my left leg however, my family members do not drive the AT as they are not comfortable with it and prefer MT. Also i would like to know a realistic fuel efficiency difference between 2.0 MT and 2.4 AT of the CRV in city and high way driving modes. Also would like to know if the CRV is as fun to drive as the Corolla Altis, as my car had great pick up and was rock steady.

Please help me with your suggestions. Thank you.

Last edited by M00M : 30th November 2013 at 03:04.
Old 30th November 2013, 08:16   #73
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Honda CRV 2.4 AT without a doubt. Lovely, spacious, comfortable, car-like, responsive, safe, reliable and great to drive.

I understand your dilemma and would imagine you place a huge value on safety now so thats the reason for my suggestion.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 08:40   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Also i would like to know a realistic fuel efficiency difference between 2.0 MT and 2.4 AT of the CRV in city and high way driving modes.
My friend gets 8-9kmpl in his 2013 Honda CRV with Eco mode on.On highways with light footed driving he manages 10-11kmpl.His is an A/T.

The CRV has one of the best back seats with ample amount of space.Haven't driven the car so can't comment on the performance aspect.Looking at your driving pattern I think you will be fine with the CRV.Also do consider the diminishing resale value of these petrol MUVs
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 08:56   #75
BHPian

Re: Honda CRV or ___ please help choose new car

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Hello all,

My budget is around 25 lacs.
Sorry for adding a new name onto your list , however I would suggest you to try the Toyota Fortuner. Its an Excellent SUV definitely reliable & has a massive road presence. The vehicle fits your budget as well.
No harm in taking a test drive and ruling it out if it doesn't strike a cord with you.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks