Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:27   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CR-V : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Thank you all for your replies and warm wishes. I am in a dilemma between Manual 2.0 CRV and 2.4 AT. The automatic is a bit of a stretch but has lots of extra features like occasional four wheel drive and sunroof. If any of you own the current CRV please shed some light and help me make a choice. Thanks.
Why aren't you considering the CR-V 2.0 AT? The difference between the 2.0 MT and AT is under a lakh. The CR-V comes in four variants, as far as I recall, 2.0 MT and AT, 2.4 AT and AT AVN.
Old 2nd December 2013, 18:12   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
You may also consider Yeti, which is marginally smaller (but both are 5-seaters), but the top spec has curtain airbags as well. Also, the European has heavier build as compared to Honda, & is available in Diesel as well.
Hi Cardeep, I called Skoda to check up availability of Yeti in facelift mode but they don't know when the facelift is coming to India. Also these skoda horror stories get you scared and the fact that the Elegance model which has all 6 airbags is touching 23 in Mumbai is a lot for a small mini SUV. I like the yeti so I'm considering it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
My friends car is a 2.0AT.His daily commute is from juhu to santacruz in the morning at around 10&evening around 6.Hope you can make out the traffic conditions.
The reason for low mileage on your altis was the old 4-speed cvt.With the new 5-speed one of the CRV mileage of 8-9kmpl is easily achievable in moderate not dense traffic condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
2.0 AT will give better FE than the 2.4AT which has to deal with additional weight of the AWD.

2.0 AT is a good choice but the FE should be around 7Kmpl. Even though it's a 5 speed gearbox it's an old school one and not any of the new types.
Thank you for the information. Since there are no ownership CRV threads on Team-Bhp its difficult to gauge owner experience. The reason i was choosing 2.4AT without AVN was because of the extra goodies like sunroof, and the occasional AWD. If he gets 8-9 in 2.0 AT it means if i buy Manual 2.0 then i will definitely should get 8-9 in the city which is quite good for a car of this size.
The corolla altis is a difficult car to replace. The 2.0 Manual and Auto are not available for a test drive so it makes it difficult to understand the car. I remember the Team Bhp review said it had a vague steering which took some getting used to. Can you share any light on that ?
I have normally always preferred buying the top end model with everything factory fit but this time the difference between Manual and Top End is like 5 lacs which if i keep aside will take care of my fuel bills for at least 4-5 years and more. I would've loved to have a manual with all sunroof etc factory fit. Im a bit reluctant to buy manual and not 2.4 auto as i am so used to driving automatics now but I'm just looking at the bigger picture here. i welcome your views and suggestions.

Last edited by M00M : 2nd December 2013 at 18:23.
Old 2nd December 2013, 18:23   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you. Could you provide me with Fuel Efficiency figures for City and Highway please and also maintenance costs. Would appreciate an approximation.
I have the 2007 2.0 L CRV - City w 100% A/c 7-9 KPML, Highway : 12 KPML+ with a heavy right foot.

Servicing+filters is Rs. 2500 to 3000 per 6 months (I don't use synthetic oil)

Only expense in 5.5 yrs has been 4 brake discs + 4 pads + 4 parking brake shoes = Rs. 40000
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 23:55   #94
BHPian

Quote:
I remember the Team Bhp review said it had a vague steering which took some getting used to. Can you share any light on that ?
If you are asking about the CRV then I have not driven it so can't comment,but the Altis steering is pretty ok not like the hyundai ones.
Old 3rd December 2013, 01:12   #95
BHPian

What CRV has going for it is good brand value, its got a more modern urbane image than its competitors. But I just don't understand what is happening at the back, the design looks so out of place that by the time your eyes reach the back, the dissonance hits you like a brick.

What was the designer thinking, it just doesn't feel like an inspired update to the older CRV which look much more balanced, chunky and composed as a unit imho. This is a bit awkward. The older Civic was a brilliant design and the new design is bland and uninspiring. The older CRV was a brave design for its time. I really expect better from Honda.

Last edited by raul : 3rd December 2013 at 01:38.
Old 3rd December 2013, 15:21   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I have the 2007 2.0 L CRV - City w 100% A/c 7-9 KPML, Highway : 12 KPML+ with a heavy right foot.

Servicing+filters is Rs. 2500 to 3000 per 6 months (I don't use synthetic oil)

Only expense in 5.5 yrs has been 4 brake discs + 4 pads + 4 parking brake shoes = Rs. 40000
Thank you for this information. Do you find the 2.0 sluggish or underpowered ? I have been told the 2.0 is slightly unmatched for this size but the new 2.0 has as much power as the older 2.4 so i guess it should be alright. Maintenance is decent. Im having trouble finding a 2.0 as none of the dealers have it in stock and only have the 2.4 in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
If you are asking about the CRV then I have not driven it so can't comment,but the Altis steering is pretty ok not like the hyundai ones.
Yes was referring to CRV steering wheel feel. Altis though light had a pretty decent and direct steering. Could you ask your friend if the 2.0 feel underpowered or if it has enough pep ? Thanks.
Old 3rd December 2013, 19:33   #97
BHPian

I want to know if the CRV can be compared to Grand Vitara considering the Ground Clearance and off road ability. Well I am not looking for serious off roading but I want to know if CRV can handle very bad roads as the Grand Vitara can handle. Kindly advice.
Old 3rd December 2013, 20:18   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
I want to know if the CRV can be compared to Grand Vitara considering the Ground Clearance and off road ability. Well I am not looking for serious off roading but I want to know if CRV can handle very bad roads as the Grand Vitara can handle. Kindly advice.
The new CR-V can't even hold a candle to the Grand Vitara. The CR-V has a 175mm GC which is lesser than the Altis. If you look underneath you will see that the underbody is lower compared to what the looks makes you believe.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 20:43   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The problem with the CR-V is that after a few years of thorough abuse, it may throw up issues and maintenance will not be cheap.

The Grand Vitara, I believe, will be able to hold its own even after years of rigorous driving. Just ask Moderator Samurai.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 22:02   #100
Senior - BHPian

A 2.4 liter Grand Vitara will chew the CR-V to bits. Period. Do check out some of the videos on youtube. I had the chance to drive one off-road once and WOW; it's hard to call this a soft-roader. I am a complete novice when it comes to offroading and I was able to do some pretty cool stuff with this thing comparable to Pajeros and what not.

It will run circles around the X-trail and other 4 wheel drive equipped urban runabouts.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 3rd December 2013 at 22:06.
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 22:14   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The new CR-V can't even hold a candle to the Grand Vitara. The CR-V has a 175mm GC which is lesser than the Altis. If you look underneath you will see that the underbody is lower compared to what the looks makes you believe.
Infact the ground clearance of CRV is 170mm not 175mm and hence it escapes the SUV tax (Central excise duty of 30%). Toyota Corolla Altis has a ground clearance of 175 mm.

Here is the snapshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Driven : 4th-gen Honda CR-V (2013)-crvspecs.jpg  

Last edited by mroptimist : 3rd December 2013 at 22:18. Reason: Added ground clearance of altis.
mroptimist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 22:30   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Infact the ground clearance of CRV is 170mm not 175mm and hence it escapes the SUV tax (Central excise duty of 30%). Toyota Corolla Altis has a ground clearance of 175 mm.

Here is the snapshot.
Thanks. I interchanged the CR-V and Altis. What I meant was CR-V has clearance of 170mm which is lesser than the Altis 175mm.

Like I said if you just bend down and take a peed underneath you will see that it is low enough to scrape some of Bangalore's brilliant speed breakers.
Old 3rd December 2013, 23:03   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for this information. Do you find the 2.0 sluggish or underpowered ?
Low end torque is a bit less, but once you get the revvs in, the motor is a gem.
Old 4th December 2013, 08:26   #104
BHPian

Well now I already own a Grand Vitara and I want to buy one more SUV comparable with Grand Vitara as mentioned by me in my earlier post. The SUV that I will buy will be a used one as I park my cars outside by the side of main road which is very dusty and I don't buy new cars for that reason. So please suggest me an automatic SUV comparable to Grand Vitara considering the fact that I need good ground clearance.
Old 4th December 2013, 09:46   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Well now I already own a Grand Vitara and I want to buy one more SUV comparable with Grand Vitara as mentioned by me in my earlier post. The SUV that I will buy will be a used one as I park my cars outside by the side of main road which is very dusty and I don't buy new cars for that reason. So please suggest me an automatic SUV comparable to Grand Vitara considering the fact that I need good ground clearance.
If you are comfortable with petrol go for the Outlander. Prices have started dropping rapidly & will fall further nearer to march.
Di you manage to get the engine of the Grand Vitara repaired & how much was the cost damage?

Last edited by sridhar-v : 4th December 2013 at 09:47. Reason: Added line.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks