Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2013, 15:44   #76
BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva 1.5L (TRD Sportivo) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
For other members, a question - are other Toyota dealers in India this classy? I don't even have to ask this of about any other auto maker, I know the answer.
The first time I went for my 1st Toyota service, I thought I'd moved to a different world - because of the level of professionalism being delivered with the kind of politeness not often encountered in this part of the world. Never got this feeling at any of the numerours services stations at different locations during my long ownership of Maruti. Over the last two years, I've not had any reason to be disappoited with Uttam Toyota, Noida so far. The overall approach sure must require immense attention to detail w.r.t the processes.
RadiantKarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 15:58   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For other members, a question - are other Toyota dealers in India this classy? I don't even have to ask this of about any other auto maker, I know the answer.
In Nippon Toyota, Kochi and Trivandrum, we get very similar experience. :-)
It also shows the kind of quality control processes they have. All the more reason why their cars are durable and practical. Every component built into the car should have gone through a lot of learning and iteration process. :-)

Last edited by amalji : 4th August 2013 at 16:00.
Old 4th August 2013, 16:31   #78
Senior - BHPian

It is hard enough to do what they have done inside the organisation. But doing the same in dealer organisations that will have different values, philosophies, and principles, is even more challenging. And very creditable if achieved. It would be interesting to hear of cases where this hasn't been done, and the dealership has remained with that organisation.

Am I right in thinking that Toyota does not have just service dealers?
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 11:46   #79
BHPian

Quote:
I am also availing DSK's wonderful service for my Liva diesel. As you mentioned, the whole things look to be "choreographed". I wish they can retain their standard.
Old 5th August 2013, 14:10   #80
BHPian

My Etios has completed 35000 km's and in my 5 visits to DSK Toyota, the service has been exceptional as described by Sawyer. What i am amazed is the consistency of the service experience. I have never seen any SA mis-selling engine flush\decarb etc to even chauffeurs who come for service. If you are there by noon time they offer free lunch coupons to customers from their onsite cafeteria.
Old 5th August 2013, 15:05   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
"choreographed". I wish they can retain their standard.
Just the word - that is exactly what it looks like. And I think DSK at least will maintain it. I had thought that they will be hard pressed to, once volumes increase with cheaper cars, but they have coped very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
I have never seen any SA mis-selling engine flush\decarb etc to even chauffeurs who come for service. If you are there by noon time they offer free lunch coupons to customers from their onsite cafeteria.
Remarkable - the lunch coupons part. As to honest SAs, I found mine telling me that there is no need to spend on Toyota synthetic oil.

The other good thing is that they don't force a feedback form on you when you are there, looking to see how you rate them. After a day, you get a call at home, where there is more scope for capturing adverse reactions.

While Honda service in Pune isn't bad, and uses much the same tech/processes, it doesn't come to DSK standards. There is still a lot of unnecessary waiting involved. While they also advertise express service, the SA tells you that if you want a quality service, it is better to leave the car there for the day!

I am not so fussed about the fact that the interiors of the car aren't the flashiest, if this is what I get as compensation.

I am pretty sure that over time, Etios/Liva will end up commanding the same respect that the Qualis did.
Sawyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 11:52   #82
Senior - BHPian

Very early on, there was a rattle heard by the rear seat passengers that was well diagnosed by DSK and eliminated - they added some padding between the spoiler and the car body and reinstalled the spoiler, and the rattle went away completely.
Now a rattle has surfaced in the front - either the dash or the glovebox, hard for me to localise. I seem to have read of this issue with Etios/Liva cars here - where is it usually from and how does the dealer fix this?
The car is going to DSK for eliminating this, and I am sure they will do the needful, but any pointers would be useful.
Old 13th August 2013, 01:01   #83
BHPian

Im looking for a hatch for my wife who is new to driving. The car will be used predominantly for city driving, and it should be easy to drive and maintain. Looked at Automatic options but wasnt very convinced. Looks like Liva 1.5 sportivo might fit the requirement. Kindly suggest if this car would suit women drivers.
Old 13th August 2013, 06:20   #84
Senior - BHPian

It is very easy to drive, but it isn't small in size. An i10 may be better suited.
Old 13th August 2013, 06:57   #85
Senior - BHPian

Re: Liva Sportivo 1.5

Quote:
3. Armrest - a neat addition to the rear. More comfortable than any built in one, and can be thrown in the boot for the rare occasion when three occupants are at the back. Can also be used in my other car when needed
How does it stay on? Velcro? Would be great if you can share a picture!
Old 13th August 2013, 10:43   #86
Senior - BHPian

It comes with a clip on strap that goes around the rear seat bench, but I threw that away, and I have just placed it on the seat, as in the photo. It is heavy enough to stay in place, and remains easily portable at the same time. And it is a favourite place for my infant granddaughter to sit on, beside either my wife or my daughter - she can see out of the car a lot better, and is a reasonably safe place for her be in city driving.
I am going to get a local cushion maker to fashion a smaller one to fit my Nano rear seat - it will serve well there too, in the absence of rear seat head restraints - for comfort, I mean, not for safety!
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Liva 1.5L (TRD Sportivo) : Official Review-dscf1113.jpg  

Last edited by Sawyer : 13th August 2013 at 11:13.
Old 20th August 2013, 19:32   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It comes with a clip on strap that goes around the rear seat bench, but I threw that away, and I have just placed it on the seat, as in the photo. It is heavy enough to stay in place, and remains easily portable at the same time. And it is a favourite place for my infant granddaughter to sit on, beside either my wife or my daughter - she can see out of the car a lot better, and is a reasonably safe place for her be in city driving.
It looks rather large and bulky & probably not suited to my i-10! Probably not a official Toyota accessory?

Although it stays in place during regular driving, it might get thrown forward in a panic brake situation

For your grandkid, you might want something like this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...seat-kids.html

Last edited by Mpower : 20th August 2013 at 19:33.
Old 20th August 2013, 19:51   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
It looks rather large and bulky & probably not suited to my i-10! Probably not a official Toyota accessory?

Although it stays in place during regular driving, it might get thrown forward in a panic brake situation

For your grandkid, you might want something like this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...seat-kids.html
Thanks, but she usually travels in a Britax rear facing car seat at the back with my daughter at the wheel in her car, this use is only for short city drives in the Liva.
And it is an official Toyota accessory. May get thrown forward in real panic breaking, but I can't see it doing any harm even then. It might even fit the i10, try it out at any DSK outlet if you are interested.

Last edited by Sawyer : 20th August 2013 at 19:55.
Old 20th August 2013, 23:04   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I normally attach the strap. But, even when I'm lazy enough not to do that, it stays in place during my aggressive bursts.

The bulk has 2 advantages. The height of the arm rest is very ergonomic. Your shoulders don't hang at all. And it has enough width for 2 people on both sides to comfortably rest their hands. As is the case with most things on an Etios, it's a "function over form" accessory.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 05:22   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
The bulk has 2 advantages.
A third is that, as I wrote, little people can sit on it safely between two adults, in city driving, and be able to look around.

Most Viewed