Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2013, 15:09   #151
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
On safety aspects, I think its the govt that's being silly. Companies are in business and will always try to skimp on options to save/make money. Consumers will do the same. The govt should start to behave differently.
+1 to that. More than the OEMs, I also feel the government should impose safety features on all passenger cars. Dual airbags+ABS should be mandatory across all the variants, segments.
IMHO, safety features are a lot better than a car without integrated blinkers/ ACC/ voice activated features and all! But sadly, the fault also lies with the junta who do not show any interest to safety features in-spite of the pathetic traffic sense and infrastructure which makes our life hanging on thin rope every day!
Old 3rd April 2013, 15:35   #152
Senior - BHPian

New video review of the Amaze posted by On Cars , can be seen on the below link

http://www.oncars.in/First-Drive-Vid...l-Review/30910

In fact they have 2 independent videos , one if for the petrol and one for the diesel. Both present on the homepage of the website
Old 3rd April 2013, 15:41   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
On safety aspects, I think its the govt that's being silly. Companies are in business and will always try to skimp on options to save/make money. Consumers will do the same. The govt should start to behave differently.
No they are not silly, in fact they are smart. People in Government travel in high end(read safe) vehicles and they do not care about the public in general. Moreover, they may also be getting 'benefits' in liu of the money saved by the automobile company.
Old 3rd April 2013, 15:43   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post

Sorry, it is indeed a bit silly. I believe manufacturers should have the conscience to provide basic safety as standard, and not as an option. In my opinion, flexibility can be achieved by making some of the comfort features optional. An ignorant buyer may think otherwise, but by skimping on safety the manufacturer is actually cashing on the ignorance.
Most manufacturers will not provide anything as standard unless it helps their bottom line.
In an ideal world the conscience of the manufacturer might play a role. In the super competetive automobile scenario, one cannot expect "conscience of the manufacturer" to take care of such things. If this is important, Govt. should bring out a ruling similar to the emission norms.

Do we say manufacturers should have the conscience to keep the emissoin levels to the minimum, the carbon footprint to the minimum, will they do it if there are no norms?
Old 3rd April 2013, 16:31   #155
BHPian

Mods: missed the 30 minute window, please merge with my previous post if possible.

Having said that, I do understand your line of thought, i would also prefer it if safety features are standard across all variants.

If ABS and airbags being optional is silly from Toyota, what would you call Maruti which gives bad brakes in lower variants and better brakes in top variant... now that is downright silly.

Last edited by vasanthn21 : 3rd April 2013 at 16:36.
vasanthn21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 16:42   #156
BHPian

Saw this link on AutoCar India site.

Went to Magnum Honda Showroom, saw the car in flesh, sat on it, felt good and Booked the top-end Diesel variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
1.5L i-DTEC engine offers segment-best power & performance. Excellent driveability too
GTO, I am really banking on your review here with respect to performance and driveability, as there was no TD being offered.

Expected date of delivery - May End, can't wait for it.

Last edited by shabash : 3rd April 2013 at 16:55. Reason: Added more info and Spelling error.
Old 3rd April 2013, 16:52   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
Saw this link on AutoCar India site.

Went to Magnum Honda Showroom, saw the car in flesh, sat on it, felt good and Booked the top-end Diesel variant

Expected date of delivery - May End, can't wait for it.
Congrats shabash ! I know it's like seeing the first day first show...anyways with Honda it's a brand you can always bet on.

Can you give the OTR price with full break up. Or are they not disclosing right away. Atleast some idea. Btw, which color did you book.

My fav is carnelian red pearl as HONDA folks named the wine red in simple plain vanilla.

rgrds
prsn
Old 3rd April 2013, 17:00   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Can you give the OTR price with full break up. Or are they not disclosing right away. Atleast some idea. Btw, which color did you book.

My fav is carnelian red pearl as HONDA folks named the wine red in simple plain vanilla.
They do not know (at least acted like it) the exact price. But the Sales person told me that the Diesel top-end will not cost more than 9.3L OTR in Bangalore.

I booked the Majestic Blue, the same color that I saw and it looked good.
Old 3rd April 2013, 17:16   #159
BHPian

Quote:

They do not know (at least acted like it) the exact price. But the Sales person told me that the Diesel top-end will not cost more than 9.3L OTR in Bangalore.

I booked the Majestic Blue, the same color that I saw and it looked good.
What are the variants available? What are the differences between each of the models? 9.3L is a lot of money. Is it just me thinking or is the value of money falling down?we are being sold small cars at such a high price. I do understand its a good car but at 10L there are some sedans that can be also considered e.g rapid, vento
Old 3rd April 2013, 17:28   #160
BHPian

^ same thoughts!
9.3 OTR is too much for this car IMHO. No doubt Amaze is stellar and a complete package but it does not command this price tag!
Old 3rd April 2013, 17:44   #161
BHPian

Quote:
But the Sales person told me that the Diesel top-end will not cost more than 9.3L OTR in Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
9.3L is a lot of money. Is it just me thinking or is the value of money falling down?we are being sold small cars at such a high price
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
^ same thoughts!
9.3 OTR is too much for this car IMHO. No doubt Amaze is stellar and a complete package but it does not command this price tag!
9.3L OTR is what the top end DZire diesel costs in Bangalore (ZDI variant). The sales guy seems to be indicating that it will be at par with or cheaper than the DZire.
Old 3rd April 2013, 17:47   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnijit View Post
Pics of the Amaze Brochure.

Diesel Amaze - Kerb Weight 1075 KG, seems to be Light. Indeed very Light
Are the features across varinats mentioned in the brochure? Can you share those please?
Old 3rd April 2013, 19:24   #163
BHPian

Hi GTO, as always, a brilliant review with great attension to details too. A couple of thoughts here
1. You have mentioned that the body is very tinny ( like most jap builds), this may lead to squeaks and rattles appearing early in the ownership cycle

2. Higher NVH levels - did this give you a feel of built to cost as I find it difficult to visualise a noisy Honda

3. Is this like one of the Scorpio's or Xylo's or one of the Force Motors offerings which has never undergone a crash test and has only had crash tests in the virtual world ( I mean, testing using computer simulations)? I call this " You are the Dummy" approach to safety . While I'm aware that Brio is crash tested, how about the sedan sibling?

Thanks for the wonderful photos as well, throughly enjoyed reading this.
Old 3rd April 2013, 20:21   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Found this comparo on OD. I am NOT going to reveal the result here; Please do read thru.
Details: http://www.overdrive.in/details/3106...vs-Honda-Amaze
Appears that overdrive were bought out by Honda to write this advertising material for Amaze? No doubt Amaze seems to be a good package but then you cant rate it better than Maruti Dzire just by perception and reading the manual.

Anyways its a free press and freedom to speech
Old 3rd April 2013, 20:32   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Appears that overdrive were bought out by Honda to write this advertising material for Amaze? No doubt Amaze seems to be a good package but then you cant rate it better than Maruti Dzire just by perception and reading the manual.

Anyways its a free press and freedom to speech
A comparison cannot get more one sided than this. They have just considered a few parameters, missing the important ones, and the scores do not do justice to Dzire at all. The customers desire for Dzire shows that it is a very competent product.

Most Viewed