Old 1st October 2013, 11:42   #1651
BANNED

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Hey people,

I upgraded the HU of my Amaze to a Sony XAV 601BT. I even got parking assist
with camera installed.

HU purchased online from Snapdeal for 22990, installation done by EVO, Bangalore.
Honda dealers normally recommend Caska systems. I have seen them being installed in the showroom!
Old 1st October 2013, 12:09   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Honda dealers normally recommend Caska systems. I have seen them being installed in the showroom!
Yes I am aware of that. In fact I had plans of getting it installed at the showroom itself, but the dealer quoted an insanely high price of 40000 for the CASKA system, just for the HU. So decided to drop CASKA
Old 1st October 2013, 12:37   #1653

Took one of my Colleague & friend to book a Honda Amaze iDtec to Capital Honda on OMR, Chennai before a month. I was surprised when I looked at the boot size. Until then, I had a thought that only TATA's are good in making spacious cars, but once I looked at the interiors and the boot of the Amaze, I was bowled over the space management. Kudos to Honda . Over all an excellent car for some one who is upgrading from a small hatch (say a Santro, WagonR, Alto, Indica etc.,)

We were offered a test drive and I drove the iDtec 'S' trim. Some how I felt the NVH levels are acceptable and the power delivery was very linear. The Steering & and the controls felt light. Gear shift was slick. However, I felt the gear level and the car as a whole juddering (vibrating?, shaking?) when I switched off the car after the test drive.

The Sales person was very polite & courteous (thought not much informative). My friend has booked iDtec 'S' trim in Urban Bronze color and expecting delivery in next few days. Due to Ecosport launch, I was expecting some basic freebies (Mats & Mud flaps), but none were offered. The senior sales Advisor politely refused and told that we should be happy about getting delivery within 1 to 2 months.

Somehow feel that the Amaze in 'S' trim comes with most of the features. Only accessories that need to be added are seat covers, mudflaps, mats, reverse parking sensor & under body coating.

I currently own a Vista VX QJD and satisfied with it so far. Had Honda launched this amazing car some 6 months before the actual launch, I would have ended buying the 'Amaze' - S - iDtech .
Old 1st October 2013, 14:30   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveAddict View Post
Until then, I had a thought that only TATA's are good in making spacious cars, but once I looked at the interiors and the boot of the Amaze, I was bowled over the space management. Kudos to Honda

Looks like you have not checked out the Honda Jazz-a marvel of design, absolutely brilliant space utilisation.
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 15:28   #1655

Any inputs from Mumbai BHPians about their dealer experiences would help
Old 1st October 2013, 16:29   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by user50 View Post
Any inputs from Mumbai BHPians about their dealer experiences would help
I bought mine from Solitaire Honda, Borivali. Buying experience was smooth, no complaints. I didn't get any discounts or freebies, but I guess that's okay considering I booked one of the hot launches of the year, that too immediately!

Service experience up until now has also been satisfactory. Overall, good dealership experience.
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 22:25   #1657
BHPian

Every one saying that Amaze is good upgrade who is owning a hatch. I am moving from TJET to Amaze VX MT iDTEC!.
I have driven my TJET 50,000 kms in 2 years, couldn't sustain with running cost of FIAT and Petrol any more I sold it and booked Amaze diesel.

Getting delivery on Monday.

My take on Amaze based on test drive
1. NVH - just tolerable
2. Driving - truly amazing (City driving)
3. Driver Seat - not as comfortable as TJET+.Driver arm rest sorely missed.
4. Reat seat - decent enough. But incomparable with Linea.

Since I have tremendours experience with FIAT cars (Palio OV - 70,000 kms + TJET - 50,000), I will share my experience with Amaze soon.

Regards,
Prasanna

Last edited by prkothan : 1st October 2013 at 22:26. Reason: corrected typo
prkothan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 23:49   #1658

Hi Guys, I am a newbie on the forum and need your advice on the following.

I am getting the delivery of Amaze SMT Diesel next week and have the following questions on my mind:

1. Headlights: I am not so keen on getting the Fog Lamps from Honda. What else can be the way to have better lighting. Will changing the headlamps to Philips Extreme X-treme Vision be a good idea?

2. Horn: Horn is very very bad. What can be the best option considering all the warranty issues related to adding a relay etc.

3. Is reverse parking sensor/camera actually required? Should i get it from the dealer or an aftermarket one should be better?

4. Any other thing/accessory I should consider getting into my car?
Old 3rd October 2013, 08:51   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiecrab View Post
Hi Guys, I am a newbie on the forum and need your advice on the following.

I am getting the delivery of Amaze SMT Diesel next week and have the following questions on my mind:

1. Headlights: I am not so keen on getting the Fog Lamps from Honda. What else can be the way to have better lighting. Will changing the headlamps to Philips Extreme X-treme Vision be a good idea?

2. Horn: Horn is very very bad. What can be the best option considering all the warranty issues related to adding a relay etc.

3. Is reverse parking sensor/camera actually required? Should i get it from the dealer or an aftermarket one should be better?

1.If you frequently go to highways I'll recommend an upgrade.
3. Depends on your requirement. From Honda they'll cost 5.5k for sensors and 9.5k with camera. You'll get cheaper outside but they may void warranty.
4. Mats and mud flaps are a must. You can get them from Honda or an aftermarket dealer.
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 10:20   #1660
BANNED

Quote:

1, Just replace the stock bulbs with the Osram NB+ or the Philips equivalent. No wiring changes needed.

2. The S has a single horn making it twin does not need relays etc. Remember the V has twin horns.

3. Desirable but not necessary. I am not sure it is there for the Amaze (my Brio has it as an add-on option). The loom wiring is not long enough for the Amaze. There are reversing sensors / cameras which connect in BlueTooth.

In general do not mess with the wiring unless you have to.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 21:26   #1661

Need suggestion on Handling Charges.
My dealer is charging Rs. 6,250 as Handling Charges. Is this normal ?? I remember a SC ruling coming out last year against handling charges taken by the dealers.
Old 4th October 2013, 09:13   #1662
BANNED

Quote:
My dealer is charging Rs. 6,250 as Handling Charges. Is this normal ?? I remember a SC ruling coming out last year against handling charges taken by the dealers.
Welcome to the real world!
Old 4th October 2013, 11:48   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Need suggestion on Handling Charges.
Thats the bribe they pay to get the car to you. if you dont pay, its most likely to be stuck indefinitely.
Old 5th October 2013, 12:48   #1664
BHPian

Quote:

Hi SmokieCrab, welcome to the forum.

2) Yes, a change of horn is very much necessary in Honda Amaze. Go for Roots Wind tone (Skoda horn type). It costs around Rs.800 along with the necessary switches and wiring. Ask your dealer to install it. Installation charges is Rs. 700 in Madurai Sundaram Honda.

3) Reverse parking camera is really required only if you park your car in a tight spot. Whatever you do, do the installation at the dealership because Honda is dead serious about its warranty and its conditions.

4) A full floor mat is compulsory for all cars in India. It costs around Rs.1500/=
Go for 3D mats if there is no budget problems or else stick to regular mats.
Please do not go for the mats from the dealer. It has fabric in it and it will be really painful to clean it.

5) Neck pillow is a must. I went for a long drive and my neck is still paining like hell.

Regards,

Guru.
amazingGuru67 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 01:06   #1665
BHPian

Hey guys,

Check my first travelogue in my Amaze. Rajapalayam-Bangalore-Goa-Bangalore 1500kms of fun, excitement and entertainment. Truly Amazing...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post3257921

Regards,

Guru...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks