Old 30th December 2013, 12:42   #1936
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
How much did the CASKA system cost you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Do share more info and photos of the CASKA HU(also it's cost). Does it come with bluetooth?
Thanks.
The CASKA HU came at 41k. He quoted 45k. It has Bluetooth, mapmyindia navigation, reverse camera and parking sensors along with routine stuff like music, DVD player. The phonebook sync is seamless and voice clarity is good. I have a Nexus 4. It has 2 USB inputs - 1 for flash drive and other for IPOD, IPHONE . It fits well. No issues there. Will share pics in 1 day or two.
Here is the link from CASKA website:
http://caskaindia.com/product_detail.php?model_id=51
Old 31st December 2013, 18:38   #1937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Amaze sells 7598 units in November against 9564 posted in October, same is the case with Dzire posting 17211 in Oct and 15286 in Nov.
There seem a reducing demand which answers the improved delivery that dealers are quoting now!

Cheers!
People buy less cars in the last month or two of the year (except Diwali week) since they don't want to be stuck with a "year old model". If they buy in Jan, it will be considered a current year model which helps resale value. That could be one factor.
Old 1st January 2014, 11:07   #1938
BHPian

My switchover from Swift VXI to Honda Amaze S-MT
I am returning to the forum after a long time. The time had come to part with my Swift VXI-2006 car. It was painful due to the excellent engine condition. But unfortunately body had started rusting. It was decided to stick to a petrol version considering low end use per year. Also it was decided to go for a sedan. A decent level of boot space was a priority. Shortlist Toyota Etios, Honda Amaze & Renault Scala. Dezire was ruled out due to the shape of the rear. Though in driving experience the shortlisted cars were o.k the taxi cab tag of Etios & the higher pricing of Scala made it an easy decision reg Honda Amaze. Also I liked the styling of Amaze. Opted for the S-MT model. The OTR was 7 lakhs with Honda fitted rear sensors and anti rust coating under the body. Delivery post registration took place on last day of November.

Driving Experience
The refined engine of Honda is a pleasure to drive. In city drive it is definitely far comfortable to drive than a Swift. Another good thing is that on long drives it curbs my inclination to overspeed a habit picked up in Swift This one just doesnt take off like the Swift on a highway. Around 500 kms travelled till date. Tank was filled up till the dispenser auto-switch off point. In city drive consistently at displayed FE of 12.5 Kms. I try to keep it within ECO indicated range.
Yesterday took it for a spin to Pune. Kept the speed to a 90-100 Kmph. The FE went up to 19 at some points but generally settled to around 17. Did not try many overtaking maneuvers which otherwise I would have done in my Swift. This was mainly to avoid too much stress on the new engine. The beauty of the Amaze is one neednt downshift the gear, most of the time, when one has to suddenly reduce speed.

Was worried about the ground clearance while selecting the Amaze. But happy to see that it not at all an issue on most road humps. Only issue I faced was at few small mounded speed-breakers, the rear tires seems to slip on crossing over.

The 3-D mats were procured from outside shops. Also got the seat covers when I found that with kids the beige interiors wont remain clean for long. But am worried the rear seat removal for putting the cover has started a minor rattling sound while accelerating the vehicle. Need to get it checked out in first service.

On the flip side I am finding some body discomfort (lower back pain) after driving for long- need to experiment different seat combinations or revert back to an extra cushion (which I used in Swift). Presently the seat is vertically set to max height.
The feedback from family members using the rear seats is that not as good as Etios. They are rating the comfort just below the Swift experience.

The aim to complete 1000 kms before the month is over did not succeed before first service.

Service was done at 750 kms. The Service advisor gave me a complex by berating me on the shoddy wrinkled manner in which the seat covers were fitted from outside. I had also reported rattling sounds from front and back sides. They identified broken plastic sockets where the rear bench gets clipped into. I was charged 400 bucks for replacement. As regarding car wash etc. nothing exemplary. Hasty job. Overall Honda service nothing to write much about.
Attached Thumbnails

Honda service called up yesterday for feedback on service. When informed reg rattling sounds still persisting they have asked me for a date on which vehicle can be picked up and returned after checking.

One irritant is with the gaps of the ORVM cowling and actual mirror. Dust settles in and easily visible. Cleaning is a challenge. Never felt this bad with Swift cowlings.

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd January 2014 at 07:09. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/MULTI-QUOTE within 30 minutes of posting.
Old 3rd January 2014, 16:44   #1939
BHPian

Short Ownership Report:
Model - 1.5 P EX MT
FE - 9kmpl
Odo - 500km
Age - 1 month
Likes - Exteriors, Space, Turning radius, Awesome Steering, Price, Honda service.
Dislikes - 1 din music system (Gap in dash), Dashboard design (Old design), No auto central locking, Weak horn, Weak AC (that too in winter), Small fuel tank, Expensive add-ons.

Honda quoted 9K for adding 2 extra rear speakers. 3K for speakers and 6K for wiring. WTH :O
navkant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 17:01   #1940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navkant View Post

Honda quoted 9K for adding 2 extra rear speakers. 3K for speakers and 6K for wiring. WTH :O
Which brand speakers? JBL?
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 20:44   #1941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
On the flip side I am finding some body discomfort (lower back pain) after driving for long- need to experiment different seat combinations or revert back to an extra cushion (which I used in Swift). Presently the seat is vertically set to max height. The feedback from family members using the rear seats is that not as good as Etios.
Agree 101% ! I am also struggling to find the right position on my VX (D). And by the time I do find a setting , it's time for service and the service personnel just change the settings inspite of asking them not to.

And now after 9500 kms in 6 months , I recently did a MRI scan for back pain where I was advised to be careful with the way I sit for long intervals. Never faced this problem earlier. Dunno if it's ageing bones or the car seat that's causing this.

About rear seat , my folks are comparing with the City and the Lancer that we have at home , they find this more roomy and comfortable. But yeah , the ride on bad roads is not so great in the rear
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 22:01   #1942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Agree 101% ! I am also struggling to find the right position on my VX (D). And by the time I do find a setting , it's time for service and the service personnel just change the settings inspite of asking them not to.
Use a permanent marker and mark the seat positions. That is what I have seen some guys do. If you have back issues its worth trying

Thanks and Best Regards

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 15:49   #1943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....Honda quoted 9K for adding 2 extra rear speakers. 3K for speakers and 6K for wiring. WTH :O
Please check with another HA$$ (if you have). This is atrociously high for both speakers & wiring assuming they never use anything other than sub par stuff.
Old 4th January 2014, 17:35   #1944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Please check with another HA$$ (if you have). This is atrociously high for both speakers & wiring assuming they never use anything other than sub par stuff.
Extra speakers ??
Change all four speakers ... All are just circular diaphrams ...no brand name...something you see in buses and autorikshaws
I changed the rear to 140w and the front to 200w blaunpaunkt
That's de maximum possible alteration in the given space.
Rest upto ur music craze :P

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by bblost : 4th January 2014 at 17:53.
Old 4th January 2014, 18:41   #1945
BHPian

Anybody did the 3M paint protection or Teflon? How much did Honda dealer charge?
What about doing it from outside dealers and is that worth?
I have serious concerns about paint quality when I compare amaze with Old fiesta classic. Honda has seriously saved some money in this.
Another concern is my low lying front bumper, scraped many times on unscientific troughs and rough uneven roads

Today I found that the rear suspension hardly does it's job on rough roads when the rear has 3 normal adult passengers and trunk half loaded. Car gives a weird jump like the suspension hardly working. just 9500 on odo
Old 5th January 2014, 00:47   #1946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense2k6 View Post
Anybody did the 3M paint protection or Teflon? How much did Honda dealer charge?
What about doing it from outside dealers and is that worth?
I have serious concerns about paint quality when I compare amaze with Old fiesta classic. Honda has seriously saved some money in this.
Another concern is my low lying front bumper, scraped many times on unscientific troughs and rough uneven roads

Today I found that the rear suspension hardly does it's job on rough roads when the rear has 3 normal adult passengers and trunk half loaded. Car gives a weird jump like the suspension hardly working. just 9500 on odo
What exactly is the concern? This is the first time I've found somebody expressing concern about the Amaze's paint quality. I have a majestic blue-metallic and find the paint quality to be top-notch. Also, I personally haven't scrapped even once the front bumper or the under belly. Of course, I don't know what kind of roads you have to drive your car on.
Old 5th January 2014, 21:14   #1947
BHPian

Quote:
Which brand speakers? JBL?
The service engineer dint disclose the brand. He said, its honda recognized.

Quote:
Extra speakers ??
Change all four speakers ... All are just circular diaphrams ...no brand name...something you see in buses and autorikshaws
I changed the rear to 140w and the front to 200w blaunpaunkt
That's de maximum possible alteration in the given space.
Rest upto ur music craze :P
I meant the EX MT only has front speakers. How much did you pay for the rear speakers? Assuming you have EX model, how much you paid for the wiring? My fear is that if I get it done at a 3rd party, I may lose Honda warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Dont have another HA in Vizag.
Old 5th January 2014, 21:47   #1948
BHPian

Quote:
The service engineer dint disclose the brand. He said, its honda recognized.
Then probably speakers would be of Vinewood(they were stock speakers in 3rd gen city).
You may ask the dealer if you could buy speakers yourself and get wiring done at the dealership. If they agree you can go for better quality brand such as JBL.
skyfire2892 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 21:51   #1949
BHPian

Quote:
Then probably speakers would be of Vinewood(they were stock speakers in 3rd gen city).
You may ask the dealer if you could buy speakers yourself and get wiring done at the dealership. If they agree you can go for better quality brand such as JBL.
Thanks. But the speakers he quoted would be 3K. Wiring alone would be 6K. He mentioned something about Honda providing a housing for the wiring and hence the cost irrespective of the speakers.
Old 6th January 2014, 09:35   #1950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...What about doing it from outside dealers and is that worth?...
It's always cost effective when it is done from outside. The dealers have handsome margins for these kinds of work.

Quote:
...Today I found that the rear suspension hardly does it's job on rough roads when the rear has 3 normal adult passengers and trunk half loaded. Car gives a weird jump like the suspension hardly working. just 9500 on odo
I think that's generally how Amaze's suspension is.

Quote:
The service engineer dint disclose the brand. He said, its honda recognized...
You get the size of the speakers and get the same size speaker aftermarket and get it installed from them please.

Quote:
...My fear is that if I get it done at a 3rd party, I may lose Honda warranty...
If you do NOT cut / splice any factory wires, they can NOT decline warranty. Most (good) accessories shop makes sure they do NOT touch any factory wires.

Quote:
Thanks. But the speakers he quoted would be 3K. Wiring alone would be 6K. He mentioned something about Honda providing a housing for the wiring and hence the cost irrespective of the speakers.
They will say anything buddy. If you have a good ICE guy around your area, that's where you should go. Or you could give a call to another Honda dealer and check the prices to confirm what your dealer is saying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks