Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2017, 01:45   #2626
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Just a difference in driving style I think. Switch gears at 1500 RPM for the first to second gear and every 2000 rpm there onwards. Pickup and torque are quite good - but the body weight of an amaze is naturally a bit more than that of an alto so it could just be an adjustment issue.

Amaze is quite good for its snappy and responsive handling even at lower speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharunjd View Post
Hi Guys,
I just picked up my new White horse, the Honda Amaze S MT Petrol. I found the clutch to be a little hard and there is a hesitation in pickup at low RPMs between 1500 to 2200 rpm, especially with the AC on. The acceleration is not consistent. I never had this problem with my Alto. Just wanted to check if this is normal. Is it a characteristic of Vtechs?

Any insights would help! Just completed 950kms, she will be due for her 1st service in a days time.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 08:45   #2627

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Just a difference in driving style I think. Switch gears at 1500 RPM for the first to second gear and every 2000 rpm there onwards. Pickup and torque are quite good - but the body weight of an amaze is naturally a bit more than that of an alto so it could just be an adjustment issue.

Amaze is quite good for its snappy and responsive handling even at lower speeds.
Thanks for the prompt reply! But acceleration is a little jerky, is that normal? Feels like the compressor is cutting off and on several times between 1500 to 2200, and suddenly there is a surge in acceleration like as though it got a turbo. Beyond 2k RPM its brilliant!
Old 19th February 2017, 10:43   #2628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharunjd View Post
suddenly there is a surge in acceleration like as though it got a turbo. Beyond 2k RPM its brilliant!
+1. I have also experienced this surge in acceleration and the vehicle behaves entirely different above 2k RPM. I suggest you to upshift to second gear only above 1500 RPM.
Hickstead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 20:36   #2629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek2386 View Post
Finally I have found the schematic diagram of Honda Amaze's Fuse enclosure.
It's attached herewith for anyone else who might need it.
Hey @abhishek2386, did you end up doing this DIY?
I need to buy a fuse-tap to hardwire my dashcam to the fusebox. Do you happen to know the type of fuse used in iDTEC? There are many types of fuses - ATC, ATM, ATM-LP, etc. Depending on this I need to order the suitable fuse-tap. I tried to pull out a fuse to check the type but could not do so - they're very tight and extremely small to get a grip on.
It'll be helpful if you (or someone) could upload a picture of a removed fuse. Also, any tips on pulling a fuse out would help. Thanks.
Old 22nd February 2017, 03:27   #2630
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
It'll be helpful if you (or someone) could upload a picture of a removed fuse.
Searched for type of Fuse in the Amaze, got this link:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post436952

That is a regular Fuse (ATO/ATC) type.

Use the fuse puller given in the fuse box. You'll have to have firm grip on the puller but don't do it hard, it may damage the box.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 04:15   #2631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
+1. I have also experienced this surge in acceleration and the vehicle behaves entirely different above 2k RPM. I suggest you to upshift to second gear only above 1500 RPM.
That is correct. Don't upshift before 1500 RPM and it will be butter smooth. Don't redline the amaze either - it will cut out if you do that.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:28   #2632

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Hey @abhishek2386, did you end up doing this DIY?
I need to buy a fuse-tap to hardwire my dashcam to the fusebox. Do you happen to know the type of fuse used in iDTEC? There are many types of fuses - ATC, ATM, ATM-LP, etc. Depending on this I need to order the suitable fuse-tap. I tried to pull out a fuse to check the type but could not do so - they're very tight and extremely small to get a grip on.
It'll be helpful if you (or someone) could upload a picture of a removed fuse. Also, any tips on pulling a fuse out would help. Thanks.
Yes, I managed to pull off that DYI quite nicely.

Honda Amaze iDTec uses Blade Type Low Profile Mini Fuses.
This is how it looks like:

To pull out a fuse, look for the small white fuse puller towards the bottom right side on the Fuse box. Use the fuse puller to grab the fuse in question and pull it firmly but gently.

Hope this helps!
abhishek2386 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 23:06   #2633
BHPian

Recently did Patna Gurgaon round trip. Total distance covered including a quick run to Chandigarh was 4650km. Total fuel used during trip 205.7 litres which translates into 22.6kmpl. Car performed well, crossed 77777km mark somewhere in between. The only issue faced was a tyre burst due to some alien object lying on road which was impossible to see at night.
As we were not sure whether the object was simply lying on road or was kept intentionally so we continued driving until we reached a safe place to change tyre. After about 9-10km we spotted a college, parked at the gate, changed the tyre and continued with our journey. But since without spare tyre it was a risk which we did not want to take so we did not cross 80km/hr. After about 3hrs and 60km before Kanpur a small puncture shop guy arranged a brand new 2017 manufactured Apollo tyre at 8am.
Also in the last 3.5yrs my amaze had taken enough beatings so decide to get it repaired at Raja Paints Gurgaon. Paint match is 100% and quality of work is very good, way better than HASS.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_20170226_163525.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_20170221_075119.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_20170211_170236.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_20170219_135011.jpg  

AnkitAnimesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 10:15   #2634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunsatheesh View Post
I have a 2013 model Amaze diesel. The brake pads were changed when the car had run 21,966km, But now when the car has covered 30,800kms I am hearing a squealing sound under hard to medium braking. I have been using the car in crawling Bangalore traffic for 3 months now. Could it be because of sand or some other particle or is it because of a worn brake pad? The braking is still not too bad. I do drive the car hard but always use engine braking to slow down.
Why don't you ask any nearby mechanic to open the pads and check.
Squeaking usually has nothing do do with pad wear may be grime / dirt.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 13:52   #2635

Hi All,

This is my first post about long term review of my Honda Amaze Petrol, who will complete 3 years in few months and driven for 20-21K km till now.

I am pretty satisfied with Honda Amaze S Petrol in last 2-3 yrs. We did 4 major long drives 1) Bangalore-Pune-Shirdi-Bangalore, 2) Bangalore-Udupi-Murudeshwar-Jog Falls-Goa-Bangalore 3) Bangalore-Tirupathi 4) Bangalore-Wayanad.

All the long drives with Amaze were amazing with fuel economy around 15-17 kmpl. No major scratch/engine issues in all journeys with AC ON mostly.

The last Honda Amaze service was most expensive one, It costed me 10K INR in Bangalore. All previous service costs never crossed 5k INR. Hence it is sign of worry.

Neverthless, Honda Amaze has given best and safe journey time to my family so no complaints with car. And yes having small car park and having Honda amaze is boon as it takes 4.5 Meter radius and after initial hurdles I have become good driver to park my car in small car park space.
thp2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 14:07   #2636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thp2017 View Post
The last Honda Amaze service was most expensive one, It costed me 10K INR in Bangalore. All previous service costs never crossed 5k INR. Hence it is sign of worry.
You should be having the service bill with you mate and hope you are aware of the charges they laid during the service.
I am also driving Petrol VX with out any issues from past two years. In fact I park my amaze in a very small parking lot. Every time I park my car and come out of it, I wonder how I manage to put it into that small rat hole .
Hickstead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 14:12   #2637

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
You should be having the service bill with you mate and hope you are aware of the charges they laid during the service.
I am also driving Petrol VX with out any issues from past two years. In fact I park my amaze in a very small parking lot. Every time I park my car and come out of it, I wonder how I manage to put it into that small rat hole .
Hi, Yes I have the service bill.. there are few items that were surprising.. the viper rubber blades (not the entire viper) change for 2 costed abt 700-800 Rs.

The entire viper with blade rubber cost is only 280 INR if we get from outside..
They also did some work on AC vents that also had whooping cost of 1200 INR. Though AC never had any issue.. Anyways I will not be able to fight with Bangalore Honda center for this.. they keep saying same things to all..
thp2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 14:55   #2638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thp2017 View Post
the viper rubber blades (not the entire viper) change for 2 costed abt 700-800 Rs.
The entire viper with blade rubber cost is only 280 INR if we get from outside..
They also did some work on AC vents that also had whooping cost of 1200 INR.
The prices you have mentioned look like very much exaggerated.
I have never got my wiper blades replaced till now. May be some one who have got such kind of replacements at Honda A.S.S for their Amaze have to comment on this.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 15:54   #2639
BHPian

Hi All! My original extended warranty of 2 years is getting expired. I have been quoted Rs. 7000/- for additional 1 year warranty. Has anyone done it before, if yes how much was the quote.
My model is Amaze SMT, purchased in April 2013.
Should I go for it?
And am penning this seating at ASC for getting my battery replaced.
Old 20th March 2017, 16:31   #2640
BHPian

If the conditions of the warranty are the same as the extended warranty then it's not a bad idea . Find out if it's a dealer warranty or company warranty.

On a side note , the warranty of my vx Mt idtec expires in July 2017 , mine too is the 2+2 year warranty . I would replace only after finding out what all is covered in the 5th year extended warranty , as I'd guess dealer warranty may not cover everything that we need .
Keep us posted .

Most Viewed