Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/134501-review-1st-gen-honda-amaze-2013-a-182.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 4364792)
Yes, you are right on the 3D part buddy. That's exactly the SA told me. But, I've got a mail from HCIL saying its fully synthetic! :)

Hydrocracked would be the best guess. Gets called fully synthetic in India but is actually a bit better than semi synthetic that's all.

Thanks. any input on gear oil?

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 4365458)
Thanks. any input on gear oil?

Just use the Honda OEM one, it is decent.

The motor in the driver side rear view mirror has suddenly given up last night when I was trying to close it with the button on my door pad. My car is three years old and the same mirror has taken two to three hits from bikers on the road earlier. Can any one estimate the total loss for my pocket to replace the motor alone, as the mirror has no major damages externally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hickstead (Post 4395360)
The motor in the driver side rear view mirror has suddenly given up last night when I was trying to close it with the button on my door pad. My car is three years old and the same mirror has taken two to three hits from bikers on the road earlier. Can any one estimate the total loss for my pocket to replace the motor alone, as the mirror has no major damages externally.

To my knowledge the mirror assembly, and the skull cap (which covers the inside mechanism) are available separately, not just the motor. You could open it up at a FNG and see if it can be serviced - else a new mirror assembly is around 8K if I remember right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 4395521)
To my knowledge the mirror assembly, and the skull cap (which covers the inside mechanism) are available separately, not just the motor. You could open it up at a FNG and see if it can be serviced - else a new mirror assembly is around 8K if I remember right.

Thank you for the information. From the sound the mirror is making I do not expect that it is repairable. I am having a valid extended warranty till May next year. Is it possible to get it replaced under it ? I will be visiting to Honda ASS tomorrow for my service. I feel that 8k is damn expensive :Shockked:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hickstead (Post 4395537)
Thank you for the information. From the sound the mirror is making I do not expect that it is repairable. I am having a valid extended warranty till May next year. Is it possible to get it replaced under it ? I will be visiting to Honda ASS tomorrow for my service. I feel that 8k is damn expensive :Shockked:.

I don't think "consumable" parts that easily break, such as mirrors, are going to be included under warranty replacement. Try your luck.

Need an input from the owners of Amaze. I've pre-booked the 2018 Amaze, and am a bit concerned about the AC power since there is no rear AC vent like in Dzire. How is the cooling capacity in summers keeping in mind the convenience for rear seat occupants?

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpion_blore (Post 4396248)
Need an input from the owners of Amaze. I've pre-booked the 2018 Amaze, and am a bit concerned about the AC power since there is no rear AC vent like in Dzire. How is the cooling capacity in summers keeping in mind the convenience for rear seat occupants?

Hi! You didn't mention whether you have booked a Petrol or Diesel model. As I own a 2013 Petrol model, I will give you feedback for it.
The AC performance is just okay. If your car is parked under sun & if it is summer, it takes quite a time to just cool.
Don't worry about rear vents. The existing vents are quite capable of throwing air to rear. If you are on a long drive many a times the rear passenger will ask you to lower the blower speed. The blower is very quiet till speed 2, from 3 onwards the noise becomes audible.

Honda AMAZE reaches dealerships ahead of its launch,

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-allnewhondaamazestartsreachingdealeryardsaheadoflaunch1529x640.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-allnewhondaamazestartsreachingdealeryardsaheadoflaunch2843x640.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-allnewhondaamazestartsreachingdealeryardsaheadoflaunch3853x640.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-allnewhondaamazestartsreachingdealeryardsaheadoflaunch696x522.jpg

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by distiller (Post 4399222)
Hi! You didn't mention whether you have booked a Petrol or Diesel model. As I own a 2013 Petrol model, I will give you feedback for it.
The AC performance is just okay. If your car is parked under sun & if it is summer, it takes quite a time to just cool.
Don't worry about rear vents. The existing vents are quite capable of throwing air to rear. If you are on a long drive many a times the rear passenger will ask you to lower the blower speed. The blower is very quiet till speed 2, from 3 onwards the noise becomes audible.

I've pre-booked a diesel model. Glad to know that the blower capacity is adequate.

is the top speed of the new honda amaze also restricted to 140 km/hr? anybody having a certain idea please respond.

I am considering the diesel variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The AG 6167 (Post 4407011)
is the top speed of the new honda amaze also restricted to 140 km/hr? anybody having a certain idea please respond.

I am considering the diesel variant.

Yes, it is indeed limited to 140 km/hr.

Source-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4392832

Any advise or suggestion for tyres ?

I need to replace the tyres of my car as OE that came with the car is now over 5 years old and done just over 30K. As a rule I dont like using tyres over 4 years max, but kept this set longer, as the car was mainly used as a runabout in the last 2 years.

Currently the car is on Goodyear 175/65 R14. Good ride comfort and was quiet stable/planted on highways as well even on wet conditions.

I am leaning towards replacing with same brand.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram

Goodyear is OK - but you might look at Michelin or Yokohama as well. Much better quality than Goodyear, Apollo Alnac and similar.