Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2018, 23:16   #2716
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,198
Thanked: 2,613 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Yes, you are right on the 3D part buddy. That's exactly the SA told me. But, I've got a mail from HCIL saying its fully synthetic!
Hydrocracked would be the best guess. Gets called fully synthetic in India but is actually a bit better than semi synthetic that's all.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 10:01   #2717
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,671
Thanked: 147 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Thanks. any input on gear oil?
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 10:29   #2718
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,198
Thanked: 2,613 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Thanks. any input on gear oil?
Just use the Honda OEM one, it is decent.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2018, 12:44   #2719
BHPian
 
Hickstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 139
Thanked: 320 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

The motor in the driver side rear view mirror has suddenly given up last night when I was trying to close it with the button on my door pad. My car is three years old and the same mirror has taken two to three hits from bikers on the road earlier. Can any one estimate the total loss for my pocket to replace the motor alone, as the mirror has no major damages externally.
Hickstead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2018, 16:31   #2720
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,198
Thanked: 2,613 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
The motor in the driver side rear view mirror has suddenly given up last night when I was trying to close it with the button on my door pad. My car is three years old and the same mirror has taken two to three hits from bikers on the road earlier. Can any one estimate the total loss for my pocket to replace the motor alone, as the mirror has no major damages externally.
To my knowledge the mirror assembly, and the skull cap (which covers the inside mechanism) are available separately, not just the motor. You could open it up at a FNG and see if it can be serviced - else a new mirror assembly is around 8K if I remember right.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2018, 16:47   #2721
BHPian
 
Hickstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 139
Thanked: 320 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
To my knowledge the mirror assembly, and the skull cap (which covers the inside mechanism) are available separately, not just the motor. You could open it up at a FNG and see if it can be serviced - else a new mirror assembly is around 8K if I remember right.
Thank you for the information. From the sound the mirror is making I do not expect that it is repairable. I am having a valid extended warranty till May next year. Is it possible to get it replaced under it ? I will be visiting to Honda ASS tomorrow for my service. I feel that 8k is damn expensive .

Last edited by Hickstead : 4th May 2018 at 16:52.
Hickstead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2018, 16:59   #2722
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,198
Thanked: 2,613 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Thank you for the information. From the sound the mirror is making I do not expect that it is repairable. I am having a valid extended warranty till May next year. Is it possible to get it replaced under it ? I will be visiting to Honda ASS tomorrow for my service. I feel that 8k is damn expensive .
I don't think "consumable" parts that easily break, such as mirrors, are going to be included under warranty replacement. Try your luck.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2018, 15:24   #2723
BHPian
 
scorpion_blore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 177
Thanked: 398 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Need an input from the owners of Amaze. I've pre-booked the 2018 Amaze, and am a bit concerned about the AC power since there is no rear AC vent like in Dzire. How is the cooling capacity in summers keeping in mind the convenience for rear seat occupants?
scorpion_blore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2018, 21:12   #2724
BHPian
 
distiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 44
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Need an input from the owners of Amaze. I've pre-booked the 2018 Amaze, and am a bit concerned about the AC power since there is no rear AC vent like in Dzire. How is the cooling capacity in summers keeping in mind the convenience for rear seat occupants?

Hi! You didn't mention whether you have booked a Petrol or Diesel model. As I own a 2013 Petrol model, I will give you feedback for it.
The AC performance is just okay. If your car is parked under sun & if it is summer, it takes quite a time to just cool.
Don't worry about rear vents. The existing vents are quite capable of throwing air to rear. If you are on a long drive many a times the rear passenger will ask you to lower the blower speed. The blower is very quiet till speed 2, from 3 onwards the noise becomes audible.
distiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2018, 09:41   #2725
Distinguished - BHPian
 
volkman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 11,165
Thanked: 19,313 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Honda AMAZE reaches dealerships ahead of its launch,

Name:  AllNewHondaAmazeStartsReachingDealerYardsAheadOfLaunch1529x640.jpg
Views: 5697
Size:  98.6 KB

Honda Amaze : Official Review-allnewhondaamazestartsreachingdealeryardsaheadoflaunch2843x640.jpg

Honda Amaze : Official Review-allnewhondaamazestartsreachingdealeryardsaheadoflaunch3853x640.jpg

Name:  AllNewHondaAmazeStartsReachingDealerYardsAheadOfLaunch696x522.jpg
Views: 5707
Size:  98.9 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th May 2018 at 09:42.
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2018, 10:01   #2726
BHPian
 
scorpion_blore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 177
Thanked: 398 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by distiller View Post
Hi! You didn't mention whether you have booked a Petrol or Diesel model. As I own a 2013 Petrol model, I will give you feedback for it.
The AC performance is just okay. If your car is parked under sun & if it is summer, it takes quite a time to just cool.
Don't worry about rear vents. The existing vents are quite capable of throwing air to rear. If you are on a long drive many a times the rear passenger will ask you to lower the blower speed. The blower is very quiet till speed 2, from 3 onwards the noise becomes audible.
I've pre-booked a diesel model. Glad to know that the blower capacity is adequate.
scorpion_blore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2018, 16:28   #2727
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: mumbai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

is the top speed of the new honda amaze also restricted to 140 km/hr? anybody having a certain idea please respond.

I am considering the diesel variant.
The AG 6167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2018, 21:26   #2728
AYP
BHPian
 
AYP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 384
Thanked: 682 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The AG 6167 View Post
is the top speed of the new honda amaze also restricted to 140 km/hr? anybody having a certain idea please respond.

I am considering the diesel variant.
Yes, it is indeed limited to 140 km/hr.

Source-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4392832
AYP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 14:14   #2729
Senior - BHPian
 
r_nairtvm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dubai/TRV/BLR
Posts: 1,751
Thanked: 1,571 Times
Default Tyres

Any advise or suggestion for tyres ?

I need to replace the tyres of my car as OE that came with the car is now over 5 years old and done just over 30K. As a rule I dont like using tyres over 4 years max, but kept this set longer, as the car was mainly used as a runabout in the last 2 years.

Currently the car is on Goodyear 175/65 R14. Good ride comfort and was quiet stable/planted on highways as well even on wet conditions.

I am leaning towards replacing with same brand.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 11th June 2018 at 14:16.
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 15:46   #2730
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,198
Thanked: 2,613 Times
Default Re: Tyres

Goodyear is OK - but you might look at Michelin or Yokohama as well. Much better quality than Goodyear, Apollo Alnac and similar.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda Amaze: Oil leak, engine seized! A bad experience with Honda service parimal_g Technical Stuff 165 28th March 2017 22:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks