Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2013, 22:19   #736
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Sorry for OT again. But I got this inherent feeling that European cars have their clutch hard and power delivery jerky (may be a result of hard clutch too) and their gear shifts, though slick, not as smooth as Japanese cars. Am I the only one here?

For comparison we can talk about Skoda Octavia / VW Vento Vs Toyota Innova / Mitsu Lancer. Talking about NVH, I think this is what has increased the NVH factor in Vento I think. Any thoughts?
Old 20th April 2013, 23:37   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
Saw a white Amaze on the road just a few mins ago, seems deliveries have already started. Couldn't see if it was petrol or diesel. Had aftermarket alloys on it. Didn't particularly like the front end, definitely prefer the Brio's contrasting front bumper.
I am surprised there are no ownership reviews in the forum so far!
Old 21st April 2013, 00:02   #738
BHPian

Booked a pearl red S D-tec variant today at magnum Honda. I have been quoted a waiting period of 3 months.
I felt the base E variant had everything I was looking for( abs, power windows and tilt steering) and wanted to book it, but they said that they can't fit Oem wheel caps as the nut design differs. They said the same for body coloured mirrors also. The base variant has a different mirror which is very basic, they said they can paint it but can't put the higher variant mirror. They just try to push us to buy the s variant overall.
The sales rep also offered me a ready E variant as a booking got cancelled for that. If a booking gets cancelled it should be offered to the one who is next in the queue and not me. I chose not to go for it as I had to sell my I10 and did not want to hurry on the sale.
As mentioned in one of the previous post I got in written that they will return the full amount in case of cancellation before allotment.
For those who think Ecosport prospective buyers will wait for it no matter how long the delay is I am an example, I may still buy Ecosport cancelling Amaze but now they have to try that much harder with the pricing to get me back to them.
Old 21st April 2013, 08:51   #739
Senior - BHPian

Has amaze deliveries started ?
I am yet to see a single car on road. Someone said Honda produced enough cars to cater to starting crowd.

Looking forward to ownership reports
Old 21st April 2013, 09:18   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Booked a pearl red S D-tec variant today at magnum Honda. I have been quoted a waiting period of 3 months.
What is the waiting period for diesel? If petrol is 3 months, it should by much longer for diesel.
Old 21st April 2013, 09:45   #741
BHPian

In Chennai, the waiting period for the S diesel is quoted as 4 months. Not sure in Bangalore though. Me too yet to see the vehicles on the road. Also waiting for the ownership threads in T-BHP
Old 21st April 2013, 09:52   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
What is the waiting period for diesel? If petrol is 3 months, it should by much longer for diesel.
sunilg33 is taking about i-Dtec variant in his post. So the waiting period for diesel Amaze is 3 months.
We can expect it to change with everyday and vary from one city to another.
Old 21st April 2013, 09:54   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverift View Post
sunilg33 is taking about i-Dtec variant in his post. So the waiting period for diesel Amaze is 3 months.
We can expect it to change with everyday and vary from one city to another.
My mistake. I misread "pearl red" as petrol.
Old 21st April 2013, 10:37   #744
BHPian

Not AMAZE'd

I checked the SAIL twins from Chevrolet and was very impressed with the entire package. The driveability and suspension was good with oodles of space inside, the engine bay had ample room, the body structure was solid, pricing was great too. The warranty package is also reasonable. The 1.2l DOHC was very linear, acceleration was nice and although nothing exciting but gave you a secured feel. With light steering feedback it was a pleasure to maneuvre within city limits.
Checked MSIL New Dzire- drive was fantastic but not the space inside.
I checked ETIOS Liva and Amaze yesterday within 10 minutes of each other.
Liva: Wonderful G variant. What a pleasure to drive. The 1.2l DOHC is fabulous, it is almost like driving an AT. Wonderful suspension, huge space inside, low maintenance cost- smart warranty package. It is soooo Toyota. I guess ETIOS with 1.5l engine will also take care of the added weight in a sedan adequately however I think it will suffer a little bit on the mileage front.
Amaze: Space inside is good with fair amount of boot size. But where I really found it lacking is the suspension and drive. The acceleration with full AC on was sluggish and really needed a strong press of gas pedal. The engine bay was cramped and did not look like coming from Honda. One odd thing though when I opened the bonnet, there was a strong smell of hydrocarbon, that I never experienced in any car before. Overall Liva and SAIL appeared so much better in overall feel that Amaze is now out of contention.
Inquisitive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 10:50   #745
BHPian

Deliveries are starting from today in magnum Honda . There are a set of vehicles standing in front of the showroom which I think are the ones will be delivered first. I saw a lot of people using these vehicles as display vehicles getting in and out of them a lot of times. The initial lot of vehicles definitely aren't advised for this very reason.
I took a second test drive before I booked but the clutch felt harder than the first test drive. The marketing rep told its because of the abuse it has taken. How much abuse would it have taken in 1 week that makes the clutch harder I don't know. I am still sceptical about the engine, hope Honda lives up to its badge.

Carnelian red was looking very attractive, especially under lights.
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image1723325630.jpg
Old 21st April 2013, 14:47   #746

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I am yet to see a single car on road. Someone said Honda produced enough cars to cater to starting crowd.

Looking forward to ownership reports
Yes. I saw a one petrol amaze y'day in Aundh, Pune.
The car looked good. It was compact and well proportioned.
-Bh
Old 21st April 2013, 14:53   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
For now, the promos are in full swing. Just saw an add, where the interior space, the front and rear legroom, for a family, is being promoted as best in class ! waiting for some ownership threads to let the ball rolling.
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:24   #748
BHPian

Honda car india just tweeted that Amaze would be now available in Majestic Blue Metallic colour also.. so available in total 6 colours now !!

Good news for the metallic blue colour fans here...
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:26   #749
BHPian

Got news that there must be a price hike incoming soon. Booking queues are running into a full 6 months it seems.
Old 22nd April 2013, 14:58   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder918 View Post
Honda car india just tweeted that Amaze would be now available in Majestic Blue Metallic colour also.. so available in total 6 colours now !!
Please note that E Variant offers only 3 colours, white, black and silver. Full range is only available from S onwards.

Also the waiting period is 3 months for diesel and not sure about the petrol one.

One of my friend went to showroom yesterday and he was offered Petrol EX or S delivery within a week provided he buys extra accessories worth Rs 30k is bought from the dealer.

Last edited by anonymous : 22nd April 2013 at 15:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks