Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/134501-review-1st-gen-honda-amaze-2013-a-51.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyder918 (Post 3101037)
Honda car india just tweeted that Amaze would be now available in Majestic Blue Metallic colour also.. so available in total 6 colours now !!

Good news for the metallic blue colour fans here...

But isn't it old news the same 6 colors are available from day one.

Test drive cars at Whitefield honda were majestic blue and odometer of a petrol car was disconnected so I guess it will be delivered at "premium" to some demanding early bird customer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk26 (Post 3101301)
But isn't it old news the same 6 colors are available from day one.

Test drive cars at Whitefield honda were majestic blue and odometer of a petrol car was disconnected so I guess it will be delivered at "premium" to some demanding early bird customer.

not sure by tweeting this Honda Car India meant if the majestic blue is same majestic blue available in metallic.. i believe it already was.. stupid:

Hello Team,
Great Review..Booked the car on 13th April ( Diesel ). I had booked for EX, but the sales rep said an E model is readly available in next 2-3 weeks time..so went for it. Sold my sweetheart Swift today...hopefully by mid- next week, I will get the delivery.

rgds,
Virgovencat

Can one install remote locking in future in base E model ? The E variant already has central locking san remote. Has any member enquired about it?

Can someone please help and give me some idea about what is it with getting ICE fitted in E-MT I will be getting soon. I heard from the SA at dealership that I will have to buy the music system/ICE from the dealer itself and get it fitted from them only OR ELSE Warranty will be void; this not only forces me to expand my budget but also limits my choices. What I gather from many sources, is that Pioneer is the best VFM entry level setup and my dealer (APEX Honda, Mumbai) doesn’t offer Pioneer. They only have:
Blaupunkt (Music System With Navigation(Touch Screen)(NY 800) :- 48000/-; Music System Without Navigation(Touch Screen)(LA 500) :- 33000 Rs/-)
and Alpine (Single Din CD Player(CDE-121E) :- 14990/- and Double Din CD Player(CDE-W233E) :- 22900/-)
Can this dealer force me to buy music system from them? Please guide. Please also suggest a VFM setup.
Suggestions on Accessories for base model (E-MT) may be a great help to newbies here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohan41 (Post 3099483)
How is the under-thigh support on the rear seats for a person of near 6 foot height? Surprisingly I did not find any mention of this in this official review. From one of the pictures it appears to be not very good, though the overall leg space for tall people is quite good as mentioned by everyone.

Its quite good. The car offers decent under thigh support and I am 5'10 and the car did pretty well for me. You'd probably be slightly taller than me and I believe it has that extra scope as well. So rest assured, you'll get a decent support.

May 2013 Autocar India says top speed for the Amaze is 140 kph. While this is more than sufficient on our Indian roads, most cars on our roads these days do 140 kph effortlessly. Even 12 year zen with 2.12L kms on it will easily overtake the Amaze.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya (Post 3101744)
May 2013 Autocar India says top speed for the Amaze is 140 kph. While this is more than sufficient on our Indian roads, most cars on our roads these days do 140 kph effortlessly. Even 12 year zen with 2.12L kms on it will easily overtake the Amaze.

I think the top speed has been mentioned wrongly in autocar, I remember it to be 175.
On Indian roads one who is driving at 140 has to be crazy and the one who wants to overtake him? No words.

It's one thing going at 130 or 140, but take it from me it's totally another thing overtaking at that speed. My alto can do 140, but can't overtake $hit. The City though flies past others. That's why 80-120 in gear acceleration times are given in many comparisons. Many times, for cars like Zen etc (smaller cars) 0-100 is quicker than 80-120 Times! So a small car is no match for a highway mile muncher like Corolla, City, Vento, Verna etc even if speeds are limited at 145

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinfreak (Post 3101779)
It's one thing going at 130 or 140, but take it from me it's totally another thing overtaking at that speed. My alto can do 140, but can't overtake $hit. The City though flies past others. That's why 80-120 in gear acceleration times are given in many comparisons. Many times, for cars like Zen etc (smaller cars) 0-100 is quicker than 80-120 Times! So a small car is no match for a highway mile muncher like Corolla, City, Vento, Verna etc even if speeds are limited at 145

All I meant is the top speed looks a bit on the lower side.

No one is taking about entering a race on our roads.

Saw a test drive Amaze in close quarters. Looks very well proportioned and the boot particularly well-integrated. Talking about boot, the lack of any finesse in the internal finish of boot door (naked metal, holes, wires, etc) looked horrible. Didn't expect it from Honda.
Expecting an ownership thread from the Team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya (Post 3101798)
All I meant is the top speed looks a bit on the lower side.
No one is taking about entering a race on our roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilg33 (Post 3101749)
I think the top speed has been mentioned wrongly in autocar, I remember it to be 175.

+1 to what @sunil told. Top speed simply cannot be 140 on the Amaze. Even a 68 PS 170 Nm Etios D-4D reaches 165 kmph. Amaze engine should be able to cross 170 kmph for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya (Post 3101798)
On Indian roads one who is driving at 140 has to be crazy and the one who wants to overtake him? No words.

Our express highways and even the 4-lane highways that connect from one end of the country to the other are certainly good enough for 140 kmph speeds. If the car have good brakes and dynamics, 140 is a piece of cake on many Indian highways.

If I talk from personal experience, the road from Nagercoil to Chennai is a gem of a road with very low traffic on most areas. When I was taking a turn over there, there was a speed limit board saying 100! So, if the turn is designed for 100 kmph, then the road as such is pretty good for 140 kmph. So, we should not blame every road in our country.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amalji (Post 3101858)
Our express highways and even the 4-lane highways that connect from one end of the country to the other are certainly good enough for 140 kmph speeds. If the car have good brakes and dynamics, 140 is a piece of cake on many Indian highways.

It is not only the roads, driving at 140 kmph in India is a suicide mission IMHO. The uncertain and unexpected events/ visitors in the form of cattle, dogs, villagers, jerks driving in opposite direction, bullock carts, trucks without tail lamps are an inviting recipe for disaster!

Our NHs have surely come a long way, no doubt; but still it is not safe and perfect to cruise at anything near to 140! If the roads and the car are capable of driving at 140 kmph, it does not mean we can. You can surely control your car but you cannot control the influencing factors surrounding it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitksvs (Post 3101655)
. I heard from the SA at dealership that I will have to buy the music system/ICE from the dealer itself and get it fitted from them only OR ELSE Warranty will be void;

Warranty will not be void if a proper harness is used and no wires are cut.
This is a standard tactic on part of dealership to mint money.

Visit ICE section here for seeking advice.

Had a close look at Amaze last night. Was parked at Russel Street-Park Street crossing, with proper number plate. Might be the first car on Kolkata road. It was diesel model, "s", silver colour.
I was really surprised to see how well-proportioned the car looks. It doesn't give a small car feeling at all unlike the Brio. For a sub four metre car, the design is really amazing.