Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2013, 22:34   #1216
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Visited Whitefield Honda (Whitefield branch) today for a TD of the Amaze AT. Dealer experience was pretty good. Managed to get a TD in about 10 min after reaching there and filling out the required forms. The sales guy quoted a waiting period of 3 months for the AT. Freebies promised were floor mats, puncture repair kit, and body cover.
Wifey drove a sedan for the first time and was impressed with the visibility and driving position. Let's see if the A-star AT makes way for the Amaze AT
Old 30th June 2013, 08:36   #1217
BANNED

@ozzyrules;I think the A-Star and Amaze/Brio are in totally price segments.
Old 30th June 2013, 11:00   #1218
BHPian

No Amaze ownership reviews yet on the forum, will I be the first one to do so. Have been using the Amaze i-dtec for the last 1 month now & I must say, it is quite a good car.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 30th June 2013, 12:40   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
No Amaze ownership reviews yet on the forum, will I be the first one to do so. Have been using the Amaze i-dtec for the last 1 month now & I must say, it is quite a good car.

CHEERS,
G D
There is one http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ec-diesel.html
Old 30th June 2013, 14:18   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Theres one by speedsatya too.
Old 30th June 2013, 20:02   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

CHEERS,
G D
There are a couple of reviews but we will like to see your detailed review as well

Last edited by harry10 : 30th June 2013 at 20:03.
Old 30th June 2013, 21:41   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@ozzyrules;I think the A-Star and Amaze/Brio are in totally price segments.
Absolutely. We already have an A-star AT in the house. Since wifey refuses to drive a manual, there's a need for an AT. We were contemplating trading-in the A-star for the Amaze AT. Of course, final call by the missus on this one
Old 1st July 2013, 16:30   #1223
BHPian

I had this doubt about the digitally displayed FE on the Amaze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
I have a question as to how the average FE gets calculated in the Amaze. Is it average to date, average for the 'trip' or something else?
It is now clear to me that the average FE that gets calculated is average for the trip. This is because when you reset the trip, the average FE also shows as 0.0 and then starts getting calculated again.

Wanted to share, just in case someone else also had a similar query.
Old 1st July 2013, 17:08   #1224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

CHEERS,
G D
Its always a great idea to share your feedback on the car using a separate review.

I have following doubts which you can clear
1. Ride and handling
2. GC - When fully loaded with 4 adults+luggage, will it scrap the bottom ?
3. Real world FE in city/highways
4. Build quality, Some feel its delicate car
5. Service experience - With Amaze, Honda will be seeing many first time honda owners.
Old 1st July 2013, 17:52   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Based on my experience with Petrol Amaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
1. Ride and handling
Good and quite maneuverable
Quote:
No it did not bottom out till now with 4 well built adults did not ferry any luggage so can't comment.

Quote:
Not measured till now
Quote:
This is comparative not delicate if your compare to Marutis , Etios etc.
But if I compare to my Safari the sheet metal is paper thin but so is the case with every other car.
It is another matter that these paper thin cars shut doors with a thud sound where as 5 times thicker super heavy doors of Safari don't sound so smart.
But 99% of prople look for thud sound made by rubber ingots and don't use a micrometer to check the sheet thickness.

Quote:
5. Service experience - With Amaze, Honda will be seeing many first time honda owners.
Yes to experience but as Buddha said expectations are root cause of sorrow.
I am keeping expectation very low going by sales and pre-sales experience at two different dealers I do not think they want to treat customer as king.

May be it is corporate policy to treat buyers like trash so service expectation can be managed
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 20:04   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Its always a great idea to share your feedback on the car using a separate review.

1. Ride and handling
Based on my experience of the Petrol,

1. Comfy ride. Great for city driving. Super light steering and clutch, refined, quite engine, fantastic, confidence inspired brakes, small turning radius, all contribute to a great ride.

2.Ground clearance is good - no complaints at all. Haven't scraped even once.

3. My FE is around 11 for my daily ride which is a short ride in medium/heavy traffic, with a LOT of stop and go. I hardly get to use the third gear. I feel exhilarated if I get to go to the 4th! Most of the time, shifting to the 4th is not worth the trouble of shifting to 4th and then back, but I just WANT to go to the 4th at least once.

4. Build quality seems to be in line with what the Japs are known for. The other day in a bumper to bumper traffic jam, an Ertiga pushed into the right rear wheel arch ( there was no thud -I came to know of the contact only when I looked at the ORVM) and left her with a dent .

5. Had only the 1st service (1 month check up). Will be able to share my experience later.
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 09:16   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4. Build quality seems to be in line with what the Japs are known for. The other day in a bumper to bumper traffic jam, an Ertiga pushed into the right rear wheel arch ( there was no thud -I came to know of the contact only when I looked at the ORVM) and left her with a dent .
Sad to hear about this incident. But i guess its a drawback of living in a big city. dents and scratches are part of life.
Old 2nd July 2013, 09:40   #1228
BANNED

Quote:
It is now clear to me that the average FE that gets calculated is average for the trip. This is because when you reset the trip, the average FE also shows as 0.0 and then starts getting calculated again.
I normally reset at every fill (always a full tank), so I get the average for the tankful. This figure is about 10% optimistic.
Old 2nd July 2013, 09:54   #1229

Quote:

1. Ride and handling
Based on my experience on driving my Petrol Amaze EX MT since last one month over 1200kms, my feedback is as follows:
1. Ride & handling is great !!! Miles & miles ahead of Santro which is the other car which I drive ...
2. GC is not remarkable though ... I have scraped the bottom a couple of times .. once over huge bumpers, with 6 family members, where all cars will definitely bottom out except SUVs and again on huge potholes filled with rain water during torrential rain with 4 members inside ..
3. Overall FE is 17.9km/l as per e-meter and when measured from full tank to full tank, it is 18km/l + (I hv not reset the trip meter till now)
4. Built quality is quite good - no complains ..
5. Service - 1st free service was done which was basically tightening asnd washing .. was over within 2 hours
Some points which I would like Honda to improve upon : (1) Quality of head beams (specially dim), (2) the dash board is too basic, (3) the rear view mirror to be enlarged

A lovely car .. and a great value for money !!!
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:10   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Sad to hear about this incident. But i guess its a drawback of living in a big city. dents and scratches are part of life.
Thanks. You know what was the worst part? All the vehicles were stuck in a traffic jam and we were moving, if at all, inch by inch. This fellow had no excuse to bang my car -it was solely because of his insane impatience (he was honking all the while!). Thankfully, the paint seems to be intact, so I will try and have the dent straightened (by having it hammered out).

Most Viewed