Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2013, 00:16   #1351

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Hey Shwetanshu ,my Amaze Idtec's Average has dipped from 24kmpl from the 1st week of June to 17kmpl in the 1st week of August,I don't know why it has dipped but i drive mostly in the city ? I hope it will improve after the second service.I took delivery on 31st May 2013.
Old 7th August 2013, 10:01   #1352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujahidM View Post
Hey Shwetanshu ,my Amaze Idtec's Average has dipped from 24kmpl from the 1st week of June to 17kmpl in the 1st week of August,I don't know why it has dipped but i drive mostly in the city ? I hope it will improve after the second service.I took delivery on 31st May 2013.
The economy light helps me a lot. Has actually helped me alter my driving style. Sticking to below 1500 in city and weekly tire pressure checks , has ensured tht my FE has never dropped below 22kpl in the last 1500 kms. Yeah , the anti -stall feature makes it tricky driving in slow moving traffic at lower rpms.
Old 7th August 2013, 14:23   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujahidM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
The economy light helps me a lot. Has actually helped me alter my driving style. Sticking to below 1500 in city and weekly tire pressure checks , has ensured tht my FE has never dropped below 22kpl in the last 1500 kms. Yeah , the anti -stall feature makes it tricky driving in slow moving traffic at lower rpms.
so you people are also facing slow pick up in 2nd gear?!
Old 7th August 2013, 15:01   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranxter View Post
So its not just me may be there is something between Spark and Amaze. I test drove a Honda Amaze (Diesel) over the weekend and for some reasons I couldn't stop comparing/relating it to the Spark, which was my first car in 2008.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shwetanshu View Post
Guess most of the spark owners are interested in Amaze

@TopGear what is the average that you are getting with amaze?
Haha, that's funny. Overall, I guess the biggest chunk of Amaze buyers would be those upgrading from a hatch.

Regarding FE, I get an average of around 11 kmpl from my i-VTEC. My daily run is a short one through medium to heavy traffic and lot of stop and go situations. Hardly get to use even 3rd gear. On a recent highway run ~50-60 kms), I got around 13 kmpl.
Old 13th August 2013, 13:18   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwetanshu View Post
so you people are also facing slow pick up in 2nd gear?!
It isnt about poor pick up in the second gear , I have no issues with the pick up . The anti-stall feature just makes the revvs shoot up when driving around 1000 rpm and this is tricky at times in slow moving traffic
Old 13th August 2013, 13:40   #1356
BANNED

I am unable to fund both the e-brochure (pdf file) and the accessory list on the Honda site. Any links please.
Old 13th August 2013, 14:21   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am unable to fund both the e-brochure (pdf file) and the accessory list on the Honda site. Any links please.
Hello Professor,

Here's the link to download pdf brochure, for your reference.

http://www.hondacarindia.com/about/download.aspx

I downloaded the file just now but not able to attach it as it is 4.93mb

Hope this helps. Thanks.
Old 13th August 2013, 14:43   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Today I had a chance to TD a Amaze at our office, whatever little I could drive this found that 2nd gear is very responsive, bit relaxed response from 3rd gear and very good driveability in 4th and 5th gear. The vehicle jerked more in 1st gear, rear seat legroom was more than I have ever seen in 10 lakh segment, but width is sufficient only for 2 adults at the back, an average built 3rd guy will be kind of acceptable. The interiors did feel very cheap for its price tag and the fitment of Head unit with built-in GPS was way below standard and looked very cheap. Overall view was a good city car but thought a bit overpriced compared to Dzire.
Old 13th August 2013, 14:59   #1359
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
fitment of Head unit with built-in GPS was way below standard and looked very cheap. Overall view was a good city car but thought a bit overpriced compared to Dzire.
I do not think it is standard in any variant. Must be an after market unit from (most probably) Caska! This is standard only in the City AVN (with a lovely reversing camera) but Honda are providing zero documentation till date.

Last edited by sgiitk : 13th August 2013 at 15:01.
Old 13th August 2013, 16:00   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
It isnt about poor pick up in the second gear , I have no issues with the pick up . The anti-stall feature just makes the revvs shoot up when driving around 1000 rpm and this is tricky at times in slow moving traffic
Hi speedsatya,
I guess shwetanshu is referring to his experience with the i-VTEC, and I too have the same observation with mine.
Old 13th August 2013, 17:18   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
rear seat legroom was more than I have ever seen in 10 lakh segment,
A small correction.
Verito, Fiesta classic, Etios, Manza are all under 10 Lakh bracket and they all offer more rear seat leg room.

Quote:
Overall view was a good city car but thought a bit overpriced compared to Dzire.
The Amaze offers better cabin space, better boot space, better ergonomics, better engine, better braking, better Arai mileage, and even better styling than the Dzire and its pricing is at par with the Dzire. So, I'm not sure where the value for money problem is. :-)

Last edited by amalji : 13th August 2013 at 17:20.
Old 13th August 2013, 17:55   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
A small correction.
The Amaze offers better cabin space, better boot space, better ergonomics, better engine, better braking, better Arai mileage, and even better styling than the Dzire and its pricing is at par with the Dzire. So, I'm not sure where the value for money problem is. :-)
Hi Amalji,
+1 to that. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, but I for one cannot think of a reason to prefer Dzire over Amaze, except if one were to live in a place where Honda's dealership/service network has no presence.
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 20:08   #1363
BHPian

I too chose the amaze V-MT Diesel over the Dzire zdi . I guess car choices are very subjective . I have owned various marutis from 1996. All brand new purchases . This is my first Honda . I miss Auto climate control in the amaze though .
Old 13th August 2013, 21:05   #1364
Senior - BHPian

I guess people who review a vehicle will have their own perception, especially when it is a Honda product, so we have to say what we experienced.

@amalji, all cars you have mentioned are good I also know but except Fiesta Classic others are market duds so no point in comparing Amaze to them.

All points you have highlighted I agree except ARAI rating and better styling, but honestly felt interiors were cheap and dull for its price tag.

sgiitk, It was our Director's car which we TD, , the HU was a Blaupunkt one with integrated GPS and reverse vision camera but overall quality and fitment was very bad, he says it came with the vehicle may be a dealer fitment.
Old 13th August 2013, 21:27   #1365
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
But its not a Maruti Suzuki!
I offered this exact same explanation to my friend who was on the lookout for a car to replace his decade old Maruti 800. He went ahead & booked a Dzire much against my advice. I tried to convince him that Amaze is overall a better car & Honda has a slight premium image than Maruti. He immediately shot back saying that he wants a low maintenance car.
The masses have a perception that all these years Honda has been associated with higher segment cars like City,Civic & Accord so maintenance is bound to be more than Maruti! With Maruti its a given that it will be low on maintenance!
Do note that i myself own a Dzire & at the time of buying i tried to convince my parents to wait for the soon to be launched Amaze as it would be a better car. But they refused citing, Maruti is Maruti, Honda will be expensive to maintain!

Most Viewed