Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2014, 20:38   #256
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_sharon View Post
I also got the same comment from REVA tech support today, I have opened a feature request with them. The issue is when we go to places like Court premises and hospitals. especially in court premises it will attract heavy penalty if you accidentally lock our car.
Arun
let me know if we can increase the vote bank for this feature request If so, where can I do so ?

Prem.
Old 25th November 2014, 10:08   #257
BHPian

Hi,
You can call up the customer care and register the complaint and ask them to open the feature request.
Cheers!
Arun
arun_sharon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 15:31   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I think the car should be set up to prime the electric vaccuum pump every time the driver takes his foot off the accelerator. Sure it might use a tiny amount of more electricity - but its a worthy sacrifice for something as critical as braking!!
Or a reworking of the circuit is needed where the pump continuously applies vacuum a small metal bulb which in turn is connected to the booster. That way the vacuum is made available instantly to the booster and hopefully result in reduced brake biting.

Nikhil
Old 29th December 2014, 17:35   #259
BHPian

Hi all,
Mahindra surprised us by bring a car from Banaglore for test drive. I do not know how to actually react since this was a complete shock for me. So we did an extensive test drive part from the observation in the original thread, two things puts the Reva in the negative.

1. My wife is around 5'4. She was quite uncomfortable with the seat belt. The reason being the fixed far than what you see in a regular car. This is because of the single door. I did not have an issue, she was uncomfortable.

2. The feeling of Accelerator and Brake was little scary. We were not that confident on which is which. We never had this issue in Brio or i10. May this was spaced much closer?

3. The space to the right side of the steering was cramped and wife felt it was disturbing compared to Brio or i10.

4. Unlike a Petrol AT, there is not acceleration when you have hit the break. Now when you are in a incline or dense traffic and trying to barge in this becomes little scary as you need to switch between brake and accelerator often to get going. May be people get used to this but it was not a good experience.

Owners comments pls
Old 30th December 2014, 06:41   #260
BHPian

^^
The seat belt is really uncomfortable. Rest all the spacing that you mentioned should be OK after you and your wife under go "getting used to" therapy

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 19:29   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Hi all,
Mahindra surprised us by bring a car from Banaglore for test drive. I do not know how to actually react since this was a complete shock for me. So we did an extensive test drive part from the observation in the original thread, two things puts the Reva in the negative.

1. My wife is around 5'4. She was quite uncomfortable with the seat belt. The reason being the fixed far than what you see in a regular car. This is because of the single door. I did not have an issue, she was uncomfortable.

2. The feeling of Accelerator and Brake was little scary. We were not that confident on which is which. We never had this issue in Brio or i10. May this was spaced much closer?

3. The space to the right side of the steering was cramped and wife felt it was disturbing compared to Brio or i10.

4. Unlike a Petrol AT, there is not acceleration when you have hit the break. Now when you are in a incline or dense traffic and trying to barge in this becomes little scary as you need to switch between brake and accelerator often to get going. May be people get used to this but it was not a good experience.

Owners comments pls
1. The seat belt discomfort can be easily overcome by using the clips to set it at the right level. We can also use the seat belt cushions.

2 & 3. Both me and my wife never felt this. As Prem said, one will get used to these very easily. When I took a test drive of E2O, the braking behaviour was a big disappointment. However after 2 months of using the car with ~1700 Kms on the ODO, I am so used to it now.

4. The hill hold helps a lot on the inclines and my wife finds it very useful. Even in dense traffic conditions, we never found this to be a problem at all. At least for me, the high seating position helps to shift my leg easily between Accelerator and Brake.

Also for folks in Bangalore, there is a discount of 50k for the T2 model of E2O. I am not sure if this is applicable for other cities.

On Road Price (after 50k discount) - Rs 5,65,000

Monthly EMI - Rs 2,999 (Battery Maintenance).

Last edited by samabhi : 30th December 2014 at 19:42.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 21:26   #262
BHPian

Should we activate the hill hold feature? how does it work?
Old 30th December 2014, 21:54   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Should we activate the hill hold feature? how does it work?
It can be activated by pressing the brake pedal for a second. From the owners manual :

HILL HOLD & RESTRAINT:
This feature allows you stop your car on inclined roads for few seconds after pressing and holding brake for a second. It gives an added advantage to user for having good control while driving on an incline.

a) To enable hill hold, press & hold brake pedal for 1 second.
b) The car holds for 2 seconds & then slowly restrain backwards.
c) To release car from hill hold or restrain, press accelerator or brake pedal.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2015, 12:25   #264
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Super cool Gul picks up her E2O from Mahindra's Andheri dealership:

Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review-dsc_4732.jpg

Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review-dsc_4619.jpg
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2015, 20:57   #265
BHPian

^^ May I ask, Who this "Super Cool Gul" is ?
Pardon my ignorance !
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2015, 22:15   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Pardon my ignorance !
She is Gul panag. A famous Bollywood and Television personality.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 19:27   #267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Relevant for a mention on Team-BHP because of stuff like this : Link

cya
R
Old 5th January 2015, 22:43   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Also for folks in Bangalore, there is a discount of 50k for the T2 model of E2O. I am not sure if this is applicable for other cities.

On Road Price (after 50k discount) - Rs 5,65,000

Monthly EMI - Rs 2,999 (Battery Maintenance).

Maini Sadan folks claim the December discount is over and no longer available. Not sure to pay the full price, as in Budget they may offer some relief to EVs.

I took a test ride and found three problems:

1. the pedal position is weird. Wonder if any of the folks here got used to it and also liked it over time?

2. Didn't like the suspension. It was making weird noise, and seemed broken. Many articles have also suggested that the suspensions aren't good for bad roads. Wonder if anyone has had this car for over a year and has had suspension issues?

3. The breaking is not precise. It kicks in abruptly and unpredictably. I couldn't get the hang of it in the brief period I drove it around.

But, still enthusiastic to buy an EV. Seems most suitable as a city drive about that my Innova is patently unsuited for. Don't want to buy another ICE if I can help it!!
Old 5th January 2015, 22:57   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
But, still enthusiastic to buy an EV. Seems most suitable as a city drive about that my Innova is patently unsuited for. Don't want to buy another ICE if I can help it!!
You have almost exactly summarized my experience just look above
Old 6th January 2015, 12:05   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
Maini Sadan folks claim the December discount is over and no longer available.
They still have one 2014 Blue e2o available at the same discount. Otherwise the discount they are now offering for Jan,2015 is 30k. Not sure whom you spoke with. I PM'ed you the contact details for the sales contact.

Quote:
1. the pedal position is weird. Wonder if any of the folks here got used to it and also liked it over time?
I hardly feel this after using the car for more than 2 months now.

Quote:
2. Didn't like the suspension. It was making weird noise, and seemed broken. Many articles have also suggested that the suspensions aren't good for bad roads. Wonder if anyone has had this car for over a year and has had suspension issues?
I agree on this. The suspension is bad on broken roads. But it gets better with passengers at the back seat.

Quote:
3. The breaking is not precise. It kicks in abruptly and unpredictably. I couldn't get the hang of it in the brief period I drove it around.
Believe me when I say this. You need to spend more time with the car to get used to this and after a while you don't feel the difference at all. I don't know if its the test drive car, but I found the braking predictability to be lot better (I won't say great) on my new car when compared to the former.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks