Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2015, 11:51   #316
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post

Overall enjoying E2O... Thinking of some mods...

Especially the seat, not at all comfy... :(
Good to know.

Please share the details with the forum if you have done any mods. I posted a message on DC Design facebook page to check if they have made any customizations for e2o and I am yet to hear from them. I have been thinking about the seats too and some dashboard changes. I wonder if we can do anything with the suspension to make it any better.

Also the sudden jerks on my car has increased in the last few weeks. I spoke to the customer care and they recommended a software upgrade. The current version on my car is 2.34 and the latest available update is 2.45.

I need to go the Reva Service Point in HSR layout to get this done. Planning to take the car tommorrow.

Also I have noticed another problem with the display. Even after I have authenticated, the display still shows the message Authenticate, but I can change the gears and drive. Only after couple of restarts, this would go away. Similarly with the hand brake when in F mode. Typically when the car is not moving and if the gear is in F mode, the display would show " Engage Hand Brake". Even after engaging the hand brake, the message wont go away. I have updated the customer care about this too and they want me to get the car for a detailed diagnosis.

Has anyone noticed this?

Last edited by samabhi : 6th March 2015 at 11:52.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 12:37   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Good to know.

Also the sudden jerks on my car has increased in the last few weeks. I spoke to the customer care and they recommended a software upgrade. The current version on my car is 2.34 and the latest available update is 2.45.

I need to go the Reva Service Point in HSR layout to get this done. Planning to take the car tommorrow.
I had asked Mahindra to check this, their engineer came to my place and verified the car.
The jerks are due to hill hold feature of the car. When this is activated, the brakes are not used to hold the car and it's just the motor holding the car. This is a flaw noticed by the engineers and has been referred to the R&D team to come up with a solution for the same.
This is very intermittent and not easy to replicate the same.

The latest software update was released in Sep 2014 and my car came with the latest software. If you had bought the car before Sep 2014, then get the update from Mahindra.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 18:19   #318
BHPian

Mine and samabhi's are September made vehicles only. I am sure about it and mostly sure about samabhi's as well.
let me try that tomorrow for the software upgrade.

BTW, do anyone know how to check the S/W version by ourselves ? Anything in their app/dash ?

samabhi
lets see if we can catch up in HSR service center tomorrow.

Prem.
Old 6th March 2015, 22:48   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Mine and samabhi's are September made vehicles only. I am sure about it and mostly sure about samabhi's as well.
let me try that tomorrow for the software upgrade.

BTW, do anyone know how to check the S/W version by ourselves ? Anything in their app/dash ?

samabhi
lets see if we can catch up in HSR service center tomorrow.

Prem.
Indeed. Mine is September,14 made vehicle.

I couldn't figure out how to get the software version. The engineer whom I spoke to yesterday has given me the software version of my car.

Sure Prem. I plan to go ian the morning. Let's try to catch up there.

Last edited by samabhi : 6th March 2015 at 22:50.
Old 7th March 2015, 18:23   #320
BHPian

i was able to reproduce the issue of jumping of the car. its definitely due to the hill hold. after the last software upgrade it has drastically reduced but not gone completely.
Also lost one of the tire last month. its a sidewall puncture and raised a complaint with reva but no update even after 1.5 months. failure of a tire @ 2k km is not some thing i would appreciate and keeping the customer in dark with regard to a complaint is ridiculous. i am planning to replace the tire on my expense rather than running without a spare and chasing the CS for warrenty. the attitude from reva is pathetic with respect to warranty claim and i feel like i had bought a toy of 100 Rs rather than a car when i speak to them.
any ways apart from the bad experience on the tyre issue the car is a joy to ride .

regards,
Arun
arun_sharon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 18:55   #321
BHPian

Apparently Mahindra-Reva has increased the price of E2O, but is giving between Rs.1Lakh to Rs.1.5Lakh discount!!!

This is stupid of Mahindra-Reva. They should price the car at some value and hold that price. Otherwise people who buy at higher price will feel cheated.

They keep offering huge discounts on and off... So, if anyone thinking of buying E2O - here is best thing to do:

1. Negotiate for over 1Lakh discount. I know they have given upto 1.5lakh discount in some cases!!

2. Ask for an written undertaking from the company that they will compensate for your loss of value, if they reduce the price in the same quarter (i.e. within 3 months), other than due to levies (Excise/tax).

In my case they gave me 50K discount, but on the date of my delivery they were giving a open Rs.1Lakh discount. And I am fighting them to claw back my money. But, they have been hiding behind a word 'subsidy' as their promise was only applicable in case of govt. subsidy reducing prices.

So, be careful in negotiating with these guys. They can be quite honour-less. In US such practices would land them in serious trouble, but in India not enough folks fight such dishonourable practices.

In other words - THEIR PRICELIST MEANS NOTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_sharon View Post
i was able to reproduce the issue of jumping of the car. its definitely due to the hill hold. after the last software upgrade it has drastically reduced but not gone completely.
Also lost one of the tire last month. its a sidewall puncture and raised a complaint with reva but no update even after 1.5 months. failure of a tire @ 2k km is not some thing i would appreciate and keeping the customer in dark with regard to a complaint is ridiculous. i am planning to replace the tire on my expense rather than running without a spare and chasing the CS for warrenty. the attitude from reva is pathetic with respect to warranty claim and i feel like i had bought a toy of 100 Rs rather than a car when i speak to them.
any ways apart from the bad experience on the tyre issue the car is a joy to ride .

regards,
Arun
I had suspected this. Have you tried not pressing the breaks for long? I mean, don't make it a practice to stop the car with your legs on the break. Bring the car to a halt, and then use hand-break till you want to move again.

I never faced this problem, because I use breaks only to bring car to a halt and I do that gently and not all of a sudden. Pressing the vaccum breaks hard/2second+ will cause the "hill hold feature", which is nothing but a problem with vaccum breaks - it takes time to disengage once fully engaged.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th March 2015 at 11:04. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 7th March 2015, 19:11   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
I had suspected this. Have you tried not pressing the breaks for long? I mean, don't make it a practice to stop the car with your legs on the break. Bring the car to a halt, and then use hand-break till you want to move again..
Yes. This happens on light inclines and if the break is pressed for more than 3 mins. in such scenario the car just jumps. Also we might get a software upgrade for disabling the lock unlock sounds.

@ prem / samabhi : did you guys visit the service center and if so what was the out come..

Regards,
Arun
Old 8th March 2015, 00:12   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_sharon View Post
Also we might get a software upgrade for disabling the lock unlock sounds.
Thanks for the update Arun. Did they mention anything about when this will be available?

Quote:
@ prem / samabhi : did you guys visit the service center and if so what was the out come..
Yes, I went to the service center in HSR layout this afternoon hoping it would take only couple of hours. But they want me to leave the car with them for the whole day to carry out few checks and then make some replacements for the sensors. The software update for the controller would only take half hour, but the replacement work will take at least 4 - 5 hours. Since I was not prepared for that, I told them that I would come back next week and get it done.

Apparently the software versions vary for each car depending on the battery range. More over the service in charge whom I spoke with has a different story about the sudden jerks. I don't want to create more confusion but rather prefer to get those changes completed on my car and then post the feedback.
Old 13th March 2015, 08:02   #324
BHPian

Got the firm ware flashed again. The lock and unlock sound has been disabled. But this also disables anti theft alarm. The jerk has gone down considerably. Haven't faced the jumping for past two days.
arun_sharon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 15:34   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Apparently the software versions vary for each car depending on the battery range. More over the service in charge whom I spoke with has a different story about the sudden jerks. I don't want to create more confusion but rather prefer to get those changes completed on my car and then post the feedback.
Dropped my car at Reva Service Point this Saturday and picked it up in the evening. They have checked the Honeywell sensors and the current software version on the controllers. As per them it already is equipped with the latest software and no need to do anything. I keep getting different versions from different engineers and don't understand which one is the right thing. Nevertheless the latest update is that they have fixed some wiring harness and asked me to monitor the car for any sudden jerks for the next couple of days.

Also the infotainment issue is back on my car. I have notified that to them too and the last option is to flash it.

Disabling the lock/unlock sound is available as a separate update and they are installing it only on a need basis for the customers.

Learnt this from one of the Engineer that there are three different software versions on the car for different components. They are :
1) IEMS : Intelligent Energy Management System
2) Controller Software : Controls the major mechanical components like sensors, braking, etc.. I guess the display is also controlled by this.
3) Infotainment software version applicable only for the Infotainment.

@Prem : After all this, I feel its not worth at all taking your car to the service centre, unless you have any other major issue to be dealt with.
Old 16th March 2015, 19:56   #326
BHPian

Quote:
@Prem : After all this, I feel its not worth at all taking your car to the service centre, unless you have any other major issue to be dealt with.
Thank you Greg.
I spoke to Suthin and he kind of confirmed that nothing really may be required to my car. But, he promptly sent me a message saying someone from service would get in touch with me for any possible update. I am yet to receive any further update.
[Touch wood] I dont have any problem with my e2O including the "sudden release of brake". Probably, I am not caught in the situation yet.
Only thing that attracts is the lock/unlock sound. Its irritating me, especially, when I need to re-park my e2O close to mid-night

Prem.
Old 21st March 2015, 11:36   #327
BHPian

Any one have the escalation matrix for M Reva.. i have only the customercare@mahindrareva.com email id which is useless.
Old 21st March 2015, 13:40   #328
BHPian

^^ What do you want to achieve ?
Old 22nd March 2015, 14:53   #329
BHPian

Any updates on Reva coming to Chennai. I would certainly like to do a test ride at least. Tried contacting Mahindra did not get any response from them.
Old 23rd March 2015, 15:25   #330
BHPian

Ugh. One month on, my E2O window wiper doesn't do the water spray anymore. The motor seems to work and water tank is full, but water is not sprayed...

Any idea what could be the issue... Don't want to make a trip to their service station for a silly reason...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks