Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2015, 10:56   #361
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Has anyone else taken the extended warranty?
I looked up the terms. Here are the extended waranty terms:

Terms & Conditions for E2O Shield Extended Battery Warranty

E2O Shield are not the same as the original warranty provided to you by Mahindra Reva. The benefits of this E2O Shield can be transferred to the new buyer at the time of resale and hence the document should be retained along with the Owner's Manual. It is essential that the mainte-
nance service be carried out in line with the periodic maintenance schedule with any of Authorised Mahindra Reva dealers to keep the E2O Shield valid. The adherence to periodic maintenance schedule will prolong life of your E2O.

The E2O Shield is not the exact replica of The E2O Shield is for battery warranty program, designed to indemnify the Owner from unforeseen costs of repairs and replacement of Battery. We accept the responsibility of repairs/replacement only as per the terms and conditions mentioned below.

For E2O where E2O shield extended battery warranty is purchased, E2O Shield shall commence immediately after the expiry of original vehicle warranty of 3years / 60,000km and shall remain in force for the period mentioned in E2O Shield certificate (until 5years / 80,000km)

If any defect(s) should be found in the battery power pack of E2O within the tenure of E2O Shield, Mahindra Reva's only obligation is to repair or replace at it's sole discretion any part shown to be defective with a new part or the equivalent at no cost to the Owner for parts only & labor to be borne by owner, only if such a defect is attributable to faulty material or workmanship at the time of manufacture. The Owner shall repair or replace the parts that are not covered by the E2O Shield, at his own expenses.

• E2O shield must be purchased within 30days from the date of sale to first owner.

• Battery module should not have external physical damage or tampering during usage, if so warranty will be void

• Regular maintenance services, both labour free and paid, as mentioned in the Owner's Handbook are an absolute prerequisite for availing benefit of the extended warranty. Failure to perform scheduled maintenances as specified in the owner's handbook will invalidate extended warranty coverage on battery affected by the lack of maintenance.

• Maintenance services has to be carried out at any one of the Mahindra Reva authorised Dealer / authorised service centre, within the specified mileages/time as mentioned in the Free/Paid service coupons.

• All the services carried out must be endorsed in the sheet provided in the Owner's Handbook, sealed and signed by the service centre.

• The Service Coupon Document/ Owner's Handbook is complete in all respects about the vehicle particulars, should be presented to the servicing dealer for availing extended battery warranty benefits.

• Vehicle has stopped due to over discharge of batteries and is not plugged for charge within 24hrs from the time of stoppage.

• Vehicle is left unused for more than 90days without plug-in for charge (or A/C 230V mains powered off) without activating “Vacation Mode”

• Vehicle battery power is not used for any other purpose than driving car, like using as power back-up for home / powering any other external

• E2O must not be used for commercial purposes including usage as taxi or goods carrier or towing any other vehicle or a trailer.

What is not covered

• Except lithium ion battery module / power pack, no other part or service in any means are not covered under this E2O extended battery shield warranty
hkollar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 18:02   #362
BHPian

Has anyone used quick charging facility ? are these paid charging points by Mahindra ?
Old 18th July 2015, 07:51   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
Has anyone used quick charging facility ? are these paid charging points by Mahindra ?
Nope, these are not paid charging points. And it cannot be used unless one has a quick charging port installed on the car.
Old 4th September 2015, 18:47   #364
BHPian

Hi,

e2o in Hyderabad costs about 5.9 Lakhs OTR now if we sign up for the battery plan. Is it a good deal? Mahindra is selling it direct to Hyderabad customers as of now but post Sept 15th the sales process is going to be handed over to the dealers.

Regards
Venu
Old 4th September 2015, 21:14   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
Hi,

e2o in Hyderabad costs about 5.9 Lakhs OTR now if we sign up for the battery plan. Is it a good deal? Mahindra is selling it direct to Hyderabad customers as of now but post Sept 15th the sales process is going to be handed over to the dealers.

Regards
Venu
Two reasons why I bought E2O

1) NANO was not available in AT then [A-STAR is atrociously priced].

2) Deep discount for E2O [4.4L OTR Bangalore for 80KM range with all the fittings of T2, higher model]. So, technically, its T2 but for the driving range. Anyway, I didn't need that higher range since you need to charge the battery once in 3 days irrespective of battery state for the better upkeep of the battery.

Now, you have NANO AMT for ease of city driving at cheaper rate.
E2O at 5.9L + the battery EMI is NOT AT ALL worth it, according to me.

Initially, I thought, E2O is an effective second car, but can not be as good as NANO AMT in all comfort aspects.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 22:27   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
2) Deep discount for E2O [4.4L OTR Bangalore for 80KM range with all the fittings of T2, higher model]. So, technically, its T2 but for the driving range. Anyway, I didn't need that higher range since you need to charge the battery once in 3 days irrespective of battery state for the better upkeep of the battery.

Prem.

My problem with Mahindra-Reva is precisely this - They resort to deep discounting in a inappropriate and unethical manner. People who pay higher amounts feel cheated in the end.
Old 27th October 2015, 01:22   #367
BHPian

Guys,

How many free services do we get from Mahindra Reva? Is it 2 or 3? I remember it being 3 free services over a period of 3 years (10k KMs or 1 year, 20k KMs or 2 years and 30k KMs or 3 years) and that is what the kit I received mentions too.

Mine is due for the first service and while taking handover of the car last year, the SA has taken the first free service coupon and told me that he needs it for some purpose. I didnt pay much attention to it then and now when I was checking the e2o booklet kit its missing and I have a doubt if Mahindra Reva provides free first service without the coupon.

Meanwhile I had a problem with the head lamps last week. All of a sudden, one fine evening I couldn't turn on the lights while heading back home from work. Called up customer care and since it was late in the evening, they couldn't get me anyone to fix it. Luckily 70% of my travel to home is through main roads and managed the rest of the journey with the hazard lights to get back home in one piece. Took the car to Sireesh Reva Service point at HSR Layout, Bangalore the next morning and it turned out one of the wires under the steering came loose. They soldered it back and it was back to normal.
Old 27th October 2015, 14:46   #368
BHPian

My E2O needs a insurance policy renewal and i approached almost all the major players. My car is a 80km variant and none of these guys has a IDV less than 5.2 L. the quotes i get are in range of 11 K to 17 K for zero DEP (since e2o is all plastic needs zerodep or only 50 % is covered under insurance ) Any one has done the renewal recently and any guidance on the subject is appreciated.
Old 27th October 2015, 14:56   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_sharon View Post
My E2O needs a insurance policy renewal and i approached almost all the major players. My car is a 80km variant and none of these guys has a IDV less than 5.2 L. the quotes i get are in range of 11 K to 17 K for zero DEP (since e2o is all plastic needs zerodep or only 50 % is covered under insurance ) Any one has done the renewal recently and any guidance on the subject is appreciated.
I got my insurance renewed recently in the month of September. Most of the online players do not list E2O in their database, so I went ahead with my dealer, Anant cars.
I paid 10,900/- for an IDV value of 4.5L with zero depreciation cover. This is with National Insurance.
P.S: I have a 80KM variant as well.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 15:13   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I paid 10,900/- for an IDV value of 4.5L with zero depreciation cover. This is with National Insurance.
Ok But the IDV value of the car would be aprox 4 L ( 4.4 - 10%) right? or is it that we have to add the battery pack value to IDV value? Also if you have any contact details of the executive in anant cars pls PM me.
Old 29th October 2015, 23:09   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I got my insurance renewed recently in the month of September. Most of the online players do not list E2O in their database, so I went ahead with my dealer, Anant cars.
Quote:
Ok But the IDV value of the car would be aprox 4 L ( 4.4 - 10%) right? or is it that we have to add the battery pack value to IDV value? Also if you have any contact details of the executive in anant cars pls PM me.
I got mine (80Kms range) renewed 2 weeks back through my company itself which is with National Insurance too. Its a zero Dep insurance with IDV Value of Rs 4.57L and the premium amount is Rs 8931 including the NCB.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 23:11   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Guys,

How many free services do we get from Mahindra Reva? Is it 2 or 3? I remember it being 3 free services over a period of 3 years (10k KMs or 1 year, 20k KMs or 2 years and 30k KMs or 3 years) and that is what the kit I received mentions too.

Mine is due for the first service and while taking handover of the car last year, the SA has taken the first free service coupon and told me that he needs it for some purpose. I didnt pay much attention to it then and now when I was checking the e2o booklet kit its missing and I have a doubt if Mahindra Reva provides free first service without the coupon.
Update on this : Its 3 free services and got my car serviced at free of cost. There also was strange sound coming whenever I turn the steering. Turned out to be a suspension spring issue and they replaced it under warranty.
samabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 12:48   #373
BHPian

Update : Got my insurance renewed via Colamandalam >> IDV 3.9 L >> 8600 Rs >> zero dep. Thanks guys for the guidance
Old 18th November 2015, 11:59   #374
BHPian

e2O guys, I got a call from Sireesh Auto yesterday about a "Software upgrade". I don't know for what.
For the first time, I went to service centre and left the vehicle just with a straight talk to the SA. It was very ODD for me since whenever I go [so far, for my Safari], I will have a lot to discuss pros and cons of doing [or not doing] something, etc ... then decide on what to do. Probably, this is for good

From the service centre experience so far - I didn't find anything different from Concorde [Gudlu gate] and Sireesh Auto in Marathahalli in terms of talking and their expertise.
Probably, I may find something when I take it out of service station.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 16:26   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
e2O guys, I got a call from Sireesh Auto yesterday about a "Software upgrade". I don't know for what.
For the first time, I went to service centre and left the vehicle just with a straight talk to the SA. It was very ODD for me since whenever I go [so far, for my Safari], I will have a lot to discuss pros and cons of doing [or not doing] something, etc ... then decide on what to do. Probably, this is for good

From the service centre experience so far - I didn't find anything different from Concorde [Gudlu gate] and Sireesh Auto in Marathahalli in terms of talking and their expertise.
Probably, I may find something when I take it out of service station.

Prem.

They did the same for my car too. There is a one huge difference after software upgrade. Not sure if other's have experienced it.

After a recharge, Car used to take good 8-10 seconds to authenticate the Keyfob (RFID). And even in regular start, it used to take 2-4seconds.

Now, the keyfob authentication is almost instant. No delays. Really liked it.

They picked up my car for service through a third party company called 21N (21 north), which provides pickup-drop service. But, on delivery there was small confusion and I had to call twice to get the car delivered the same day.

But, first service after 8+ months. Not needing service is one of the main advantage of EVs.
hkollar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed