Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2015, 09:59   #376
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review

So, Delhi has finally decided to wake up and ban use of private cars half the days in a week.

Wondering if they are exempting Electric Vehicles from this rule. That would be a major boost to electric vehicles in capital.

India needs to have a holistic policy with regards to transportation. It needs to eliminate pollution, congestion.

worldclass and easy public transport, high toll in City limits and perhaps high taxes (nationwide) on petrol/diesel cars/suvs, Subsidized Electric Vehicles are the way forward.

Govt.. should make private ownership of cars way more expensive (like Singapore has done). India can't be like USA, which has enough land for wide roads, thus can manage high ratio of people-to-cars.

Especially in cities India also needs to promote 'narrow track' electric vehicles (small cars/bikes), that reduce road foot print and also carbon footprint.

This ofcourse makes transportation a bit more cumbersome, and perhaps lot more expensive. But, what alternative do we have? We can't keep poisoning our environment.

I hope Delhi figures a good template for rest of India.
hkollar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 09:36   #377
BHPian

Hello
Been contemplating to buy this car for my wife. Few basic questions

1>What is cost of electricity I am looking at since this may require charging each day if commute is more than 40km ?

2>What is average price per charge at the station ?
Old 28th December 2015, 21:23   #378
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Mahindra Reva for a software update and replacing the gear selector for my car.
They visited my residence and completed the update.

Though I never had any issues with gear selector, good to see Mahindra replacing the gear selector proactively. There was a post by one of the user on gear selector failure in this thread.
Old 29th December 2015, 07:39   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Got a call from Mahindra Reva for a software update and replacing the gear selector for my car.

Though I never had any issues with gear selector, good to see Mahindra replacing the gear selector proactively. There was a post by one of the user on gear selector failure in this thread.
yes, I did receive the call y'day. But, I sold my car a couple of weeks ago. I need to inform the new owner to get this done.
I definitely, appreciate the proactive nature of M&M on this department and I see that they really want to make the E2O a success.

Prem.
Old 3rd January 2016, 18:48   #380
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If anyone was curious about the E2O's sales figures, here goes:

Quote:
"We are selling around 8 to 10 electric cars in Mumbai and other districts of Maharashtra. Across the country, the company sells 75 Reva cars a month. We can ramp up production of electric cars to 2,500 a month," said Mahindra and Mahindra executive director Pawan Goenka.
Source & Full Article
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 12:41   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
e2O guys, I got a call from Sireesh Auto yesterday about a "Software upgrade".
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
They did the same for my car too. There is a one huge difference after software upgrade. Not sure if other's have experienced it.

After a recharge, Car used to take good 8-10 seconds to authenticate the Keyfob (RFID). And even in regular start, it used to take 2-4seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post

Deepak (one of the three guys who completed the Goodness drive from Kashmir to Kanyakumari) came over and upgraded the software along with changing the gear shifter. He mentioned that the new one came with an imported component that will enable smooth shifts. I had it replaced once before.

I too noticed that the key fob authentication is almost instant now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodhra View Post
Hello
Been contemplating to buy this car for my wife. Few basic questions

1>What is cost of electricity I am looking at since this may require charging each day if commute is more than 40km ?

2>What is average price per charge at the station ?
  • My monthly usage is close to 1000 Kms and I charge it once in two days on an average during the weekdays and both the days of the weekend. I pay a meagre 300 - 400 Rs additional amount on my monthly electricity bill. If your usage is around 40 Kms, I dont think you need to charge the car every day. With the 120Kms range, charging it once in 2 days is more than sufficient.
  • By station, you meant the charging stations tied up with Mahindra Reva? IIRC, most of them provide charge at free of cost.

Quote:
But, I sold my car a couple of weeks ago.
Prem.
I can totally relate to you selling the car. Infact I have been trying to sell the car, but the price being quoted is too less and I would rather keep the car with me for few more years than selling at such a low price. While there is a lot to be improved on the car, the comfort of driving this car on well paved roads (almost a dream now on Bangalore roads ) and in heavy traffic conditions is totally stress free. Thats the only thing that is keeping me off from selling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If anyone was curious about the E2O's sales figures, here goes:

Source & Full Article
From what I was told by one of the Reva Executives, Mahindra Reva needs to sell atleast 1000 cars a month to break-even with the investment they have pumped in. Reduce the price, improve the quality of the interiors and I am sure, they will sell more cars in Urban Areas. The Electric Car factor is not deterrent at all for majority of the buyers, but the initial cost is. Almost every other family living in urban areas with more than two working members are opting for a second car now a days and this car will be a perfect fit.

Last edited by samabhi : 6th January 2016 at 12:51.
Old 6th January 2016, 15:26   #382
BHPian

Quote:
yes, I did receive the call y'day. But, I sold my car a couple of weeks ago. I need to inform the new owner to get this done.
I definitely, appreciate the proactive nature of M&M on this department and I see that they really want to make the E2O a success.

Prem.

Why did you sell the E2O? What did you buy instead?
Old 6th January 2016, 20:36   #383
Senior - BHPian

All this talk about pollution and odd-even car days in Delhi got me thinking of an e2o to replace my wife's aging Santro AT.

Today I was able to get a test drive of the car and while as a concept its interesting and maybe even worth it, it really can't compete with traditional cars in terms of refinement and versatility. It is still very much the off-beat, quirky option.

It really needs a lot of government (state and center) support to be viable. I will only consider it if I can get my company to register it in Delhi and therefore get 2.74 lacs of incentives. If I register in my name I only get 1.24l central rebate and get slapped with full VAT and registration charges in UP.
Old 6th January 2016, 20:47   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
I can totally relate to you selling the car. Infact I have been trying to sell the car, but the price being quoted is too less and I would rather keep the car with me for few more years than selling at such a low price. While there is a lot to be improved on the car, the comfort of driving this car on well paved roads (almost a dream now on Bangalore roads ) and in heavy traffic conditions is totally stress free. Thats the only thing that is keeping me off from selling it.
Agreed about the comfort. But, the price I am paying was too much. First thing, I couldnt see my Safari sitting idle every other week at home :(
Also, the per KM cost was too much with the price I sold off. But, my calculation reveals that it would increase more as I keep it with me for more days because of EMI !
So, I decided to sell if off quick and really did so.

I agree - driving e2o is too good in Bangalore roads provided I dont have the EMI

Quote:
Why did you sell the E2O? What did you buy instead?
TCO [Total Cost of Ownership] was increasing month by month. There was absolutely no value add to it.
Primary reason being - My decision to buy was WRONG. I just assumed, I can push my wife to drive the E2O and slowly, my Safari. That didnt happen at all !
In addition to this, other reasons as above.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 22:47   #385
BHPian

Quote:
TCO [Total Cost of Ownership] was increasing month by month. There was absolutely no value add to it.
Primary reason being - My decision to buy was WRONG. I just assumed, I can push my wife to drive the E2O and slowly, my Safari. That didnt happen at all !
In addition to this, other reasons as above.

Prem.

So, How much did you sell it for?
Old 10th January 2016, 23:38   #386
BHPian

Quote:
I just assumed, I can push my wife to drive the E2O and slowly, my Safari.
I succeeded on that front. And another primary reason for me buying the car and also to keep the car.

My wife never drove any car before this and she feels totally comfortable with driving the E2O due to its compact dimensions.
Old 28th January 2016, 11:54   #387
BHPian

Mahindra e2o has been spotted testing in 4 door configuration.

Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review-reva.jpg

Report suggests that this version will be exclusive to the export markets. The car has extended wheel base to accommodate the rear doors. The four-door would get additional safety features to comply with European requirements.

Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review-reva1.jpg

The four-door variant is expected to get a more powerful electric powertrain giving it a higher range and top speed, while also having Mahindra’s Quick2Charge technology - The Quick2Charge system is basically a DC Fast Charging system.

Using this, an e2o can be fully charged in under 60 minutes. A 15 minute charge will provide a range of 25 km. Using a normal 220 V 15 A socket, the e2o needs 5 hours to charge to its battery fully. The normal socket takes an hour to give the car a range of 20 km.

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/01/4...ngaluru-212993

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 28th January 2016 at 11:55.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 12:28   #388
BHPian

Above is definitely a good news and more so if M&M gives this machine to Indian customers as well !

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 12:35   #389
BHPian

Duh!

My E2O AC blower not working. Yet to complete a year!

Will have to run to the service station now!

I can understand light-weight built, not light-weight quality of accessories.
Old 19th February 2016, 13:07   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Duh!

My E2O AC blower not working. Yet to complete a year!

Will have to run to the service station now!

I can understand light-weight built, not light-weight quality of accessories.
A fuse might have blown. Check fuses before running to the service station.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks