Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2018, 15:51   #31
BHPian

Well - The sunny CVT makes sense as a pure city drive sedan that is extremely convenient and easy on the wallet. It's no comparison to city or Yaris either from a functional or a brand standpoint. It's one's own preference and in my case it fitted well into my need. The service experience is pretty average and possibly over priced but won't call it horrible either. BTW I am yet to see another car at this range or even the Next range with so much of leg space for the rear passengers. Horses for courses should be the consideration if you pick up this car with all its short comings. I am satisfied with it after 4 years and 30000+ Kms
subbu567 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 17:01   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny CVT (Automatic) : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli.ferns View Post
So the sunny cvt is now available in the xv cvt (top end) trim at 9.5 lacs ex showroom Pune. They're also offering a lucrative finance option of 3.99% interest rate for 4 Years.
Should the perspective now change since its now available in the top end and considering that the honda cvt top end goes to about 15.5 lacs onroad? The newly launched Toyota Yaris also sells their cvts at prices similar to the city.
The problem is partly the car and partly the manufacturer. More so the manufacturer if you ask me. Yes the market has moved on and the Sunny has hardly seen any change in exterior or interiors. Nissan does need to refresh things on that front. But atleast till then they need to advertise and let the masses know about the VFM positioning of the car. For instance hardly anyone knows about this deal. When we bought our Sunny MT way back in 2012 we were blown away by the space and practicality it offered. That aspect of the car still stands unparalleled and undefeated. And with hatchbacks and compact sedans costing more than 10L these days (forget the City and Yaris), Nissan should atleast try to ensure that people do drop in once to see the car even if they don't end up buying it. A lot of buyers might see the VMF aspect and settle on the other criterion such as looks and unreliable after sales. Just take a look at Ford. They have been consistently trying to fight the image of being costly to maintain. Most of their advertisements target that aspect by citing the service costs till 5 years. Nissan needs to do something similar.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 23:04   #33
BHPian

Well, it might be a tough choice for me. My budget is upto 10 lacs and I'm waiting for the ford aspire automatic to launch next month. But this proposition by Nissan was extremely tempting. It gives the leg room like a Honda City or better and a cvt in city conditions would be the best possible thing. My only fears are the ones of resale and a facelift being launched later this year (If you take a look at the current Micra in India and the one launched in Europe, its like a caterpillar vs a butterfly). Something similar is expected of the Sunny if at all the facelift is launched this year.
Old 15th September 2018, 06:26   #34
BHPian

Nissan Sunny Special Edition Launched; Priced at Rs. 8.48 Lakhs.

The special edition Sunny comes with a bunch of cosmetic updates.
Quote:
The Sunny Special Edition comes with a black roof wrap, new body decals and black wheel covers with new rear spoilers. It also comes with some feature additions to the cabin. The Nissan Sunny Special edition comes equipped with NissanConnect and also has a built-in 6.2-inch touchscreen AVN with phone mirroring for enhanced infotainment.
Quote:
The Sunny Special Edition is available in two powertrains - 1.5-litre diesel and petrol. The petrol engine is paired to the X-Tronic CVT, while the 1.5-litre diesel is paired with a 5-speed manual transmission. Dual Airbags, Speed-sensing Door Lock and Driver Seat Belt Reminder come as standard across all variants.
Nissan Sunny CVT (Automatic) : Driven-uqkarijo_nissansunnyspecialedition_625x300_14_september_18.jpg

Nissan Sunny CVT (Automatic) : Driven-puc0nr28_nissansunnyspecialedition_625x300_14_september_18.jpg

Nissan Sunny CVT (Automatic) : Driven-8mgd8f58_nissansunnyspecialedition_625x300_14_september_18.jpg

Nissan Sunny CVT (Automatic) : Driven-dfor0f2g_nissansunnyspecialedition_625x300_14_september_18.jpg
Flyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 22:36   #35
BANNED

To counter the poor sales, the Nissan Sunny is being sold with a flat discount of Rs 1.28 lakh on the CVT-equipped model.

Source
Old 3rd March 2019, 23:01   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
To counter the poor sales, the Nissan Sunny is being sold with a flat discount of Rs 1.28 lakh on the CVT-equipped model.
I doubt if nowadays there even are private buyers for the Sunny. It isn't popular in the fleet sector either so this discount is more than justified.

All that Nissan is doing is flagging a dead horse. I really hope they put their full efforts into the Indian market especially seeing the quality of their products abroad.

Cheers!
Old 10th November 2019, 18:41   #37
BHPian

Is it possible to add an Android Auto display to Sunny? I am considering used CVT version.

I test drive two such cars, 4-6 years old. The were not smooth at all. Had vibrations at idle, and pickup was very low. IIRC, new car doesn't have such issues. Is it that both cars might be poorly maintained, or does sunny CVT have poor longevity?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks