Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2013, 13:17   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme 4x4 : Official Review

Guys,

Check out the latest price list for 2.2 Dicor on Safari website. Only LX and EX variants are available for sale, which means that no 4x4 option available anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme 4x4 : Official Review-dicor_4x4.jpg  

Old 27th October 2013, 14:56   #92
Senior - BHPian

I'm surprised. Probably some price revision. Because production has not stopped at all for the 4X4 version.

I mean the storme.
If this is for the old safari then yes the 4x4 production has probably stopped.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 27th October 2013 at 14:58.
Old 27th October 2013, 15:25   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I'm surprised. Probably some price revision. Because production has not stopped at all for the 4X4 version.
Correct Navpreet.

By the way, when are you updating your ownership thread? It has been ages.

What is your FE? Any issues? How many kms has your Storme done? Any long drives?
Old 27th October 2013, 15:46   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Correct Navpreet.

By the way, when are you updating your ownership thread? It has been ages.

What is your FE? Any issues? How many kms has your Storme done? Any long drives?
I didn't buy the storme or the pajero Devdath. Just didn't find either of them value enough. Honda has really spoilt me with the civic that I have. I just keep expecting more for my money. I have a 3L dicor back home and based on the reliability that I have had with it, I just don't find it worth investing 17 lakhs into it. As regarding the pajero, nearly 30 lakhs will not exactly be justified based on my immediate usage of the vehicle. I'm still pondering. I have to put my head over heart this time.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 19:52   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If this is for the old safari then yes the 4x4 production has probably stopped.
Yes, this is for the old Safari (2.2 Dicor). The Storme is being offered in 4x4 in the VX avatar.
Old 28th October 2013, 00:14   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplav View Post
Well I thought it was more to save on tax breaks....
http://www.hindustantimes.com/autos/...1-1089483.aspx
The Safari is a true blue SUV ground clearance
biplav, Mahindra only changed the way ground clearance is calculated and added a plastic stone guard to adjust clearance but nothing was done to the suspension or actual ground clearance.

"In a move that highlights how flawed the government regulation really is, all the company had to do was use the Indian system of measuring ground clearance – which simply measures from the lowest point on the car to the ground. Mahindra had previously used the European ‘Arc’ method of measurement, which typically gives the higher value, which in turn looks good on the spec sheet of a tough SUV."

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-349402.aspx/2

, but don't let this bit of sad news affect your love for the Safari Storme...
Old 28th October 2013, 19:19   #97
BHPian

Quote:
oh ok. Mine was the 3L dicor. That has a 3 month or 5k kms service interval. So thats good to know.
That's odd... I have a 3.0 litre DICOR and the user's handbook states servicing at 15000 Km.

I have always changed the oil and filters at 10k, but that's because I like spending my money... er... I feel safer.

Once I happened to change it at 23k, but the mechanic told me the semisynth 10W-40 oil we use is more than adequate for even longer periods.

So I'm happy with 12 months / 10.000 Km changes
mpescatori is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 14:06   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-349402.aspx/2
don't let this bit of sad news affect your love for the Safari Storme...
This only increases my affection for Storme because a REAL SUV should APPEAR an SUV on spec-sheet too, not indulge in cheap manipulations for saving few bucks. If M&M wants (indirectly) its customers to remove the stone guard of XUV later, it's further violation of the law.
Old 30th October 2013, 19:54   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
This only increases my affection for Storme
I wish there where more people like you..
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 07:39   #100
BHPian

For the second time while cruising on highway my Safari Storme VX 4x4 Malfunction/engine check Indication Lamp turned on. While it was on speedo meter was acting crazy jumping from 80 to 140kmph and some times dropping to 40 from 80kmph rapidly. Power used to drop significantly during this time. I also noticed that the vehicle used to reduce its rpm to 1200. When this happened for the first time 15 days ago I went to Tata Motors and got a thorough check. They told that they did not find any error logs recorded by ICU nor they found any mechanical/electrical issue. They suspected this to be an one of case where fuel would have been mixed or of low standard in the bunk where I filled diesel. They gave me a clean chit saying this wouldn't repeat. I experienced this*today*again and captured a video of speedo meter acting weird. This time I had filled in a different fuel station in a different town, almost 200 kms away from the previous bunk. Below is the video link that I uploaded it to youtube.

My vehicle has just run 3000kms and I am still using it very smoothly (running under 2200 rpm) as part of run-in proceedure. Have anybody come across similar issue with your Safari?**
Old 4th November 2013, 11:42   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csd42419 View Post
Have anybody come across similar issue with your Safari?**
I had a similar issue on my Santro Automatic where the speedo used to haywire and the automatic wouldn't select the right gears. Turned out that it was issue with the vehicle speed sensor which gives input to ECU and other related functions including fuel delivery. Put your foot down and ask them to change the vehicle speed sensor under warranty and see if the symptom occurs again.

The problem with these kinds of faults is that it is hard to pin point the actual source of the problem, especially since they claim that there is no error code saved. I find this also strange since there should be an error code saved if the check engine light comes on. They may have just cleaned the codes to see if the error appears again. This time, try to be there when they hook up the diagnostic computer.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 12:49   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For the second time while cruising on highway my Safari Storme VX 4x4 Malfunction/engine check Indication Lamp turned on. While it was on speedo meter was acting crazy jumping from 80 to 140kmph and some times dropping to 40 from 80kmph rapidly. Power used to drop significantly during this time. I also noticed that the vehicle used to reduce its rpm to 1200. When this happened for the first time 15 days ago I went to Tata Motors and got a thorough check. They told that they did not find any error logs recorded by ICU nor they found any mechanical/electrical issue. They suspected this to be an one of case where fuel would have been mixed or of low standard in the bunk where I filled diesel. They gave me a clean chit saying this wouldn't repeat. I experienced this*today*again and captured a video of speedo meter acting weird. This time I had filled in a different fuel station in a different town, almost 200 kms away from the previous bunk. Below is the video link that I uploaded it to Youtube.

http://Youtu.be/OSlzGbJBroU

My vehicle has just run 3000kms and I am still using it very smoothly (running under 2200 rpm) as part of run-in proceedure. Have anybody come across similar issue with your Safari?**
Speed sensor is gone. Go raise a stink only then they will replace it. Common problem
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 20:29   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Speed sensor is gone. Go raise a stink only then they will replace it. Common problem
Do you think its issue only with speed sensor, as engine stalls when engine check light turns on? Did some research and few sites suggests that it could be also issue with oxygen sensor, air inflow sensor, catalytic convertor etc.

http://lifehacker.com/5878754/the-fi...-do-about-them

I will go to TM tommorrow to get this checked. I had taken AMC for 50k/4years concidering reliability issues which should come handy now.
Old 5th November 2013, 10:19   #104
BHPian

Quote:

Do you think its issue only with speed sensor, as engine stalls when engine check light turns on? Did some research and few sites suggests that it could be also issue with oxygen sensor, air inflow sensor, catalytic convertor etc.

http://lifehacker.com/5878754/the-fi...-do-about-them

I will go to TM tommorrow to get this checked. I had taken AMC for 50k/4years concidering reliability issues which should come handy now.
It doesn't appear to be a problem with oxygen / air sensor (In which case, your engine performance would've been affected more, not just Speedo hunting). Most likely its speed sensor failue or loose connection.
Old 5th November 2013, 18:11   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wish your car a speedy recovery. But it is really disappointing to see these so called "niggles" recurring in yet another brand new TATA launch! When will they learn that there is something called Quality

Most Viewed