Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2014, 13:09   #1591
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Can any one help me out with the map of the cabin Fuse Box, the owners manual or the panel itself doesn't have any description
Old 12th April 2014, 13:31   #1592
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, Need an urgent help for a cousin with a VW Polo in Delhi

He wants to know which is the best service center for general service and repairs and dents in Delhi/NCR area.

Appreciate a feedback from Delhi/NCR folks with their experiences
Old 12th April 2014, 22:20   #1593
BHPian

I use the workshop on mathura rd. Go and see the sadrar service mgr.. definitely the best guy in the service center. The other dude sachin yadav is an ass, looking to make money by cutting ur bill n saying 50% of savings mujhe dena.

The master tech also is very good, bulky guy and very knowledgeable. He did the install on my cluster, and knew before hand tht the temp sensor light would come on and the car didn't have the sensor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post
Can any one help me out with the map of the cabin Fuse Box, the owners manual or the panel itself doesn't have any description
Doesnt exist. Somehow no polo comes with it. Best bet is volkswagenworshopmanual site

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th April 2014 at 09:01. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option within 30mins.
prithwi-81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 18:45   #1594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post
Some weeks back I was in the same position when the cigarette lighter socket had fused because of a bad Capdase USB charging port. This fuse is the extreme left last fuse on the second row and is 15 Amps. Not sure if that helps but if everyone puts their experiences, maybe we can map it on the forum.
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 23:51   #1595
BHPian

I wish VW would clad the Polo GT with the externals of the Cross Polo. So they could have the Cross Polo petrol version having the 1.2 TSI engine and put a bigger diesel engine for the diesel version. This will at least give a visual differentiation for people who pay premium for the GT TSI.
Guite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 20:32   #1596
BHPian

Question about spark plugs:
Today, when I opened the Team-BHP website, I could see the advertisement for the "Bosch Platinum - Iridium Fusion" spark plugs(http://in.bosch-automotive.com/en/pa...iridium_fusion). After reading couple of articles in the internet(like http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/o/a...rk-plug-basics) found that "Iridium spark plugs—the best kind around". So, I am little curious to know whether the Polo TSi equipped with "Iridium spark plugs". If "yes" which one(ngk, Bosch, Denso)?
Old 26th April 2014, 21:08   #1597
BHPian

NGK Iridium plug type IZFR6P7

source:- http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic...ark-plug-life/
ironager is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 13:08   #1598
BHPian

Reposting from Polo official review thread:

Guys, I am planning to take in my Polo TSI for its 1st year service this week, its due in 2weeks time. I would appreciate any pointers from fellow Polo owners regarding specific things to be checked out during service as per manufacturer and things which I wouldn't need but might be pushed by the Service advisor. The car has done only 6.1k kms in the past 11.5 months of usage. Do note that there was a lull in usage for a period of 5 months, as I was out of country, anything specific to look out for wrt to this? Does it need a wheel rotation, alignment/balancing and how about brake lining check/cleaning?

Would highly appreciate your views,

Cheers,
D.
Old 3rd May 2014, 12:58   #1599
BHPian

Volkswagen Climatronic secret/service menu:
Does anybody know the secret code to get the climatronics service menu(similar to http://www.my-gti.com/224)?

Background:
I generally use following air conditioner setting
- Temperature - 24 C
- Recirculation - inside only
But sometimes, when I start the engine, it would reset to the following
- Temperature - 22 C
- Recirculation - outside to inside.
It is annoying to set this back again.

I had taken the car to the service station, and they did a factory reset(i.e by pressing the 2nd, 4th and 7th buttons. and then switch off and switch on the car), which unfortunately did not solve the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 3rd May 2014 at 12:59.
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 22:39   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby74 View Post
I have booked a Polo TSI 6 months back and still waiting without any clue.

I am from Trivandrum. My SA says there is a long waiting list and they are not being delivered any cars. He got only 2 cars in the past 6 months. I don't believe him fully but then I have seen only one Polo TSI in Trivandrum till date.

I understand from the posts here that there is not much delay in cities like Bangalore. I would like to hear from others, especially from non Tier 1 cities, about the approximate waiting period.
Having booked Ecosport Diesel more than a month back and keeping my fingers crossed about its delivery, i decided to take Polo GT for a TD. I visited the VW showroom nearest to my place and to my surprise found no GT cars available on display / test drive. Do they really expect us to book a car without looking / TD ? The sales person told me that waiting periods are about a month both for the petrol & diesel variants and they will call if they can arrange a car for TD. No special offers are there on GT models except for some measly corporate discounts. Here is the OTR price in Kolkata for TSI model, TDI costs roughly the same.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-gt_tsi.jpg
I think its best to wait for the facelift now. I really hope ford launches some compact car with the ecoboost engine, it will smoke all hot hatches out there !
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 14:00   #1601
BHPian

I recently took my car for its first service at vw metropolitan in delhi. The car has done 6600 kms. After I took delivery of the car whenever I switch on the air conditioner there is this really annoying buzzing vibration noise coming from the air conditioner which was not there before.
I took the car back to the service centre and they told me that the sound is normal....it's noise coming from the fan when the ac is switched on....which is funny as I didn't hear any such noise for one year and only after the service the noise is there.
Any help in this regard would be appreciated
Old 5th May 2014, 18:43   #1602

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
I think its best to wait for the facelift now. I really hope ford launches some compact car with the ecoboost engine, it will smoke all hot hatches out there !
After waiting more than 6 months, I got the reply from VW that the delivery will take some more months.
Is the production of this model stopped now?

Anyway now I will wait for the refreshed one. There isn't much choice either.
I wish a Punto tjet is availabe in the coming facelit.
bobby74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 21:17   #1603
BHPian

Got the first interval service done at 10200 kms. Gear oil changed to mineral oil free of cost.
Rest of the things done are as follows :
Engine oil change :3219
Oil filter :373
Air filter :340
Dust and pollen filter :577
Plug with :143
Wheel balance and alignment :1373
Service charge :1701
Labour charge :3405

I don't understand what is plug with?

The car was pulling to one side, so I had asked for balance and alignment.

The service advisor was pushing for some fuel additive for 1500 rs, which I refused.

Total cost was 9460.

Last edited by drjanakpatel : 9th May 2014 at 21:29.
Old 9th May 2014, 21:42   #1604
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjanakpatel View Post
I don't understand what is plug with?
The M14 x 1.5 drain plug for the engine oil sump.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-184102_x800.jpg

What a ripoff for the wheel balance and alignment! Please get it done from elsewhere. It would be cheaper.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th May 2014 at 21:45.
Old 9th May 2014, 23:51   #1605

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjanakpatel View Post
Got the first interval service done at 10200 kms. Gear oil changed to mineral oil free of cost.
Did the service adviser state "mineral" oil ?
I'm sorry for asking this question as you've clearly mentioned mineral oil, but I'm curious as I've been talking to my nearby service station since around 6 months regarding the oil change in the gearbox from synthetic to mineral , but the only response I've got is "We haven't received any orders from the company".
I even mailed VW , and the answer I got is that they have no information as of now.

And if it IS mineral oil in your gearbox.
Did you specifically ask for the change , or did your service adviser do it as per protocol

Most Viewed