Old 10th May 2014, 00:11   #1606
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjanakpatel View Post
Wheel balance and alignment :1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
What a ripoff for the wheel balance and alignment! Please get it done from elsewhere. It would be cheaper.
Actually catch is that they usually quote/bill the alignment and balancing together where balancing alone costs 1K+. Otherwise alignment charges are quite reasonable by around 300-400/- which is ok-ish IMO. So avoid the balancing and get only the alignment done at the VW workshop at the time of servicing.
Old 10th May 2014, 12:15   #1607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Did the service adviser state "mineral" oil ?
I'm sorry for asking this question as you've clearly mentioned mineral oil, but I'm curious as I've been talking to my nearby service station since around 6 months regarding the oil change in the gearbox from synthetic to mineral , but the only response I've got is "We haven't received any orders from the company".
I even mailed VW , and the answer I got is that they have no information as of now.

And if it IS mineral oil in your gearbox.
Did you specifically ask for the change , or did your service adviser do it as per protocol
No I didn't ask for gearbox oil change. When I sent the car for service I enquired about it but he said that it would be done at 60000kms.

After some time he called me back that they had received some directive from company and they will change it free of cost. I asked him whether it is mineral oil or synthetic, but he didn't knew the grade and said that it would be done as per company directive.
drjanakpatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 18:26   #1608
BHPian

Hi guys,
I dropped my car in for service today and the SA who didn't have a clue about the gearbox oil change when I called him last Thursday, had an internal VW document dated 24/4/14 on how to go about the oil change in his hand.
For info of fellow VW Vellore customers, 4 other GT's VINs are on the list.

They are supposedly low on the mineral oil and will be able to complete the job only on getting the stock tomorrow. BTW, this fix also includes a software update for the DSG.

Gurus, can someone guide me on how to activate the feature of hazard lights flashing under hard braking. The SA is not aware of this feature at all.

Cheers,
D.
Old 14th May 2014, 19:27   #1609
BHPian

Hi guys,
Got the first service and the DSG oil switch done. I have attached the invoice for reference of others. I noticed some discrepancy in part cost between this and what @drjanakpatel had mentioned. I had only opted for wheel rotation including the spare. They also diagnosed the engine bay rattle and have done some temporary fix, it seems to have gone now. I am pleasantly satisfied with the service as well as overall interaction with VW Vellore service people.

Quote:
After some time he called me back that they had received some directive from company and they will change it free of cost. I asked him whether it is mineral oil or synthetic, but he didn't knew the grade and said that it would be done as per company directive.
Sir, did you find any noticeable difference in the way the car shifts up/down and kick down mode? I did not get a chance to check properly but I notice that the tranny won't go into kick down at all in D mode. Could there be something wrong with the kickdown mode button on the accelerator pedal? Although its not possible as kickdown works fine in sports mode, they ought to be the same sensors, right? Or is it the VAG's strategy to save the DSG by not straining it a lot. If so, this will slightly hamper the way the car is driven in city traffic.
Anyone else felt this after the software fix? I will check again in the morning again and update.

cheers,
D.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-image.jpg  

delta5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 20:43   #1610
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
I did not get a chance to check properly but I notice that the tranny won't go into kick down at all in D mode. Could there be something wrong with the kickdown mode button on the accelerator pedal? Although its not possible as kickdown works fine in sports mode, they ought to be the same sensors, right? Or is it the VAG's strategy to save the DSG by not straining it a lot. If so, this will slightly hamper the way the car is driven in city traffic.
Anyone else felt this after the software fix? I will check again in the morning again and update.

cheers,
D.
It has to kickdown even in D mode. If it doesn't then there's a problem. If it remains in a higher gear it will try to slip the clutch to prevent stalling which is worse.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 21:55   #1611
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
http://vagtune.in/index.php/volkswag...etrofit-detail

I thought this would work? The vento armrest would do for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
Wow, if this could work, one doesn't have to save up for a Steering wheel swap or worry whether the airbag might not work,etc. Can the mod gurus confirm if such a simple plug-and-play is possible? If this is in fact genuine OEM and costs only 13k, it makes me feel like VW as short short changed GT customers. We all could have had paddle shift without worrying about voiding the warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
It does work and works well. However, In order to install the paddles, the steering wheel needs to be cut manually which usually causes scuff marks all around the steering wheel and the finish around the paddles is not very optimal. It looks very after marketish.

The Flat bottom steering wheel on the other hand is top-notch and a fantastic piece of equipment. It is absolutely worth every single penny. If you are sourcing one, you can do through Pete's Automotive. They are slightly more expensive and Airbags are guaranteed to work.
Has anyone got the above installed or have any pictures of how the end product would look after installation ?

thanks.
Old 14th May 2014, 22:10   #1612
BHPian

Sir, did you find any noticeable difference in the way the car shifts up/down and kick down mode? I did not get a chance to check properly but I notice that the tranny won't go into kick down at all in D mode. Could there be something wrong with the kickdown mode button on the accelerator pedal? Although its not possible as kickdown works fine in sports mode, they ought to be the same sensors, right? Or is it the VAG's strategy to save the DSG by not straining it a lot. If so, this will slightly hamper the way the car is driven in city traffic.

cheers,
D.[/quote]

On the contrary I found the car to respond better. I don't know whether it is due to gearbox or engine oil change or something else . The kick down mode is working fine in D.
drjanakpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 23:04   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It has to kickdown even in D mode. If it doesn't then there's a problem. If it remains in a higher gear it will try to slip the clutch to prevent stalling which is worse.
I didn't think of that at all in the evening, I was just thinking that its going to be difficult to get the torque pouring when needed without taking my hands off the wheel - So naïve. I was in some lean Pre rush hour traffic and tried to do the kickdown only a couple of times. Will check this first thing in the morning. Thanks Vid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Has anyone got the above installed or have any pictures of how the end product would look after installation ?
Hi rana, I haven't tried this install at all. I have given up on paddles for next one year atleast. Do update this thread, in case you do get this.
thanks

Quote:
On the contrary I found the car to respond better. I don't know whether it is due to gearbox or engine oil change or something else . The kick down mode is working fine in D.
Thanks for the update sir!

Cheers,
D.
Old 14th May 2014, 23:19   #1614
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post
Can any one help me out with the map of the cabin Fuse Box, the owners manual or the panel itself doesn't have any description
Here you go - Polo-6R-Fuses.pdf

Did a quick cross-check with the one on mine (GT TDI) and appears to be correct. Few fuses are missing in some of the slots though.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-wp_20140509_21_01_51_pro.jpg

Source: Scribd
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 09:59   #1615
BANNED

thinking of booking the gt tsi in a few days time. sa told me delivery possible in 2 months time.

if I book within a week will I be getting the current version or the face lift version ?
Old 15th May 2014, 11:31   #1616
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go - Attachment 1240858

Did a quick cross-check with the one on mine (GT TDI) and appears to be correct. Few fuses are missing in some of the slots though.

Attachment 1240859

Source: Scribd
Thanks Gannu,

I'll check with my GT TSI and revert
Old 15th May 2014, 16:45   #1617
BHPian

Guys,
Pardon me, that seemed to be a false alarm. The Kickdown works in D mode albeit only when being extra aggressive in throttle input. I don't remember it being this way before. Maybe it's all in the mind. Now time to relax the mind and rev the engine. Running in is officially over!!
Quote:
Here you go - Attachment 1240858

Thanks, Gannu bhai for the link! The only one we DSG owners need to be sure of is the fuse 13, any idea whether its correct? Anyways to check that without upsetting the car? Isn't it ironic that mechatronic unit's fuse number is Thirteen, maybe renumbering it might fix all the DSG woes.

Cheers,
D.

Last edited by delta5 : 15th May 2014 at 16:52.
Old 16th May 2014, 22:40   #1618
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
thinking of booking the gt tsi in a few days time. sa told me delivery possible in 2 months time.

if I book within a week will I be getting the current version or the face lift version ?
My brother is also waiting for the facelift but theres so many rumors, some says coming in may-july-september, no confirm info though.
If vw not offering changing in interior then there's no point in waiting though. Steering wheel & new instrument cluster is worth the wait though but that changers aren't spotted in india spy shots though.
If you buy now, you'll get 3 years insurance & 3 years extended warranty & 3 year road road assistance for free.
Old 17th May 2014, 08:32   #1619
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the 3 year insurance and extended warranty plan applicable for the GT TSI? The last time there were special offers on the Polo, these were only for the volume models and not the GT models.
Old 17th May 2014, 13:42   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
My brother is also waiting for the facelift but theres so many rumors, some says coming in may-july-september, no confirm info though.
If vw not offering changing in interior then there's no point in waiting though. Steering wheel & new instrument cluster is worth the wait though but that changers aren't spotted in india spy shots though.
If you buy now, you'll get 3 years insurance & 3 years extended warranty & 3 year road road assistance for free.
I'm in the same boat. However, I'm willing to wait and see if the 1.5 diesel plus dsg arrives. I'll jump ship from tsi to tdi then.

Most Viewed