Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2013, 18:26   #151
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Awesome Review Avi and as rated by our fellow bhpians a full five star rating. However the car to beat in terms of the goodies/gizmos is the i20. As mentioned by our friends, there is no way to distinguish this variant against the other variants. I still am at my wits end to figure out why auto transmissions are so expensive out here and the premium is more than 50K variant to variant comparison. The ease of driving an AT is ideal for the bumper to bumper traffic of the cities. Other car makers have a lot of catching up to do with this stellar car. Hope VW prices it aggressively and make it more affordable. Looks they have come up with a gem of a car with a great engine and the works. I hope they put in the disc brakes on the rear instead of the drum. A powerful rocket like this does need sound braking. Lets wait and watch the show.
Old 28th April 2013, 23:00   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems an Superchips Remap is already out for the 1.2 Tsi increasing 20 HP & 40 NM torque, here's the map;

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-940894_10151530821594651_265087379_n.jpg

Source : N1 racing, FB page
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 00:02   #153
BHPian

Was the car not launched today? What does it cost?
Old 29th April 2013, 00:28   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
Was the car not launched today? What does it cost?
Car launching tomorrow. The wait will be over shortly. ;-)
Old 29th April 2013, 09:46   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Tax constraint? Who could care about this? We are already paying heavy taxes for diesel cars. I doubt if this would hurt anyone who is diesel mileage frenzy.

What heavy taxes are you referring to? There has been a lot of talk about additional taxes on diesel cars, but nothing has been come in yet. VAT and road taxes do not differentiate between petrol and diesel. On the excise front, the concessional rate of 12% is applicable on sub 4m cars with engine displacements of upto 1.2l for petrol and 1.5l for diesel. So if at all, diesels have an advantage here. Cars like Liva and Amaze have 1.5l diesel engines that provide better in-city driveability than their 1.2l petrol equivalents, for the same tax rates.

Good to see features like ESP and hill-hold becoming available in the sub-10L segment.

Any info on whether the new GT-TSI has EBD? As reported earlier on the forum, the regular Polo and Vento Highlines feature the oddity of having ABS but no EBD! It would be even odder if the new GT-TSI were to get ESP, hill-hold etc but no EBD!

Note from Team-BHP Support: Posts merged. Please use multi-quote instead of making consecutive back-to-back posts.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 29th April 2013 at 12:11.
Old 29th April 2013, 11:36   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyaanveshi View Post
What heavy taxes are you referring to?
As an example, there is a difference of about 1.6lac between a diesel and petrol Rapid. Isn't this quite a bit? The state of Karnataka loves taxes. Unless you are really going to be driving around a lot, a diesel makes no sense at all. 1.6lac is over 2 years of gas (petrol) money for a C segment sedan that sees a cycle of about 10'000km a year. This works for me.

Going by the same case above, I am going to be paying around Rs. 21000 more on road tax and Rs. 5000 more on insuring a brand new diesel car. For what?

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 29th April 2013 at 11:42.
Old 29th April 2013, 11:41   #157
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Website has been updated and the car is now there with the GT TSI featuring in the Premium Hatchback and also on the homepage highlighting all the main changes over a normal Polo.

It asks to fill a form for a TD which I have done.

Now will wait for the prices.
vkochar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 11:56   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Volkswagen Website has been updated and the car is now there with the GT TSI featuring in the Premium Hatchback and also on the homepage highlighting all the main changes over a normal Polo.

It asks to fill a form for a TD which I have done.

Now will wait for the prices.
Noticed the same when checking the VW website. I also filled the test drive request form. Shockingly, someone from the Mumbai Volkswagen office contacted me within 5 minutes of submitting the request online . They asked for my name, contact details, residential address, etc and forwarded my details to the Bangalore dealers. The lady on the call said a test drive can be arranged as soon as today evening!! I'll update the thread when I take the test drive today or tomorrow. Eagerly awaiting a test drive with the most spirited petrol hatch in the country! *smiles*

Looks like Volkswagen is really enthusiastic in selling the car this time around. They weren't very keen on offering test drives of their cars the previous time I visited their Hosur road showroom. This time since it is through VW directly forwarding requests to the dealers, I think the dealers can't play around like they usually do with walk-in TD requests.

Last edited by KarthikK : 29th April 2013 at 12:00.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 12:01   #159
Senior - BHPian

Yes an update. I got a call BUT don't get too excited. They were sending me the car for a TD too. BUT when I asked them if this was the AT GT. The girl from Mumbai ( +22 Number ) said no it was the Polo SR something which I suppose is the Limited edition they have for some time now on sale.

I said NO I filled up the GT form and she hurriedly disconnected after reconfirming my details saying she will call back.

Looks like someone made a mistake on the website.
vkochar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 12:07   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Car launching tomorrow. The wait will be over shortly. ;-)
The launch of the Polo GT TSI, is later today.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/339...-gt-today.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th April 2013 at 12:09.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 12:14   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
As an example, there is a difference of about 1.6lac between a diesel and petrol Rapid. Isn't this quite a bit? The state of Karnataka loves taxes. Unless you are really going to be driving around a lot, a diesel makes no sense at all. 1.6lac is over 2 years of gas (petrol) money for a C segment sedan that sees a cycle of about 10'000km a year. This works for me.

Going by the same case above, I am going to be paying around Rs. 21000 more on road tax and Rs. 5000 more on insuring a brand new diesel car. For what?
Diesel cars are costlier than petrol cars because manufacturers price them higher. Pricing is based on the manufacturer's perception of consumer surplus (in other words, on what the market can bear).

This has very little to do with taxes, central or state. The tax rates are the same for diesel and petrol cars. The absolute tax amounts will obviously be higher for diesel cars but that is because the manufacturer's base price is higher for diesel cars. If at all, governments have implicitly favoured diesel cars by resisting the clamour for differential vehicle taxes to offset the fuel pricing advantage that diesel enjoys.

If diesel did not have a fuel pricing advantage, then manufacturers would have charged a correspondingly lesser premium for diesel cars. Taxes do not really affect the picture because tax rates are the same for petrol and diesel vehicles.
satyaanveshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 12:27   #162
Senior - BHPian

Hmm - the brochure doesn't say anything about an extended transmission warranty. Standard 2+2, 100,000 km warranty is offered on the GT TSI. VW is expecting customers to take a leap of faith.
Old 29th April 2013, 12:29   #163
BHPian

Guys, need some advice, what are the pros and cons of this against Amaze Vx AT? The prices are almost same with Polo TSI around 9.6-9.8L OTR, and Amaze 9.4 L OTR. I know the DSG will be riskier but the 4 yr warranty should cover it right ?, on the other hand Honda's are reliable but the prices are exorbitant. In serious dilemma, need to decide asap.

Last edited by msmatic : 29th April 2013 at 12:31. Reason: reframed sentence
Old 29th April 2013, 12:29   #164
Senior - BHPian

Launched at 7.99 L.
So the OTR should be 9+ down south.
Old 29th April 2013, 12:30   #165
BHPian

TG India on its twitter feed says that the Polo GT is prices at 7.99 lakhs ex-showroom (Delhi). Obviously there is a single variant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks