Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2014, 22:11   #1756
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Just using the right pressure is all that matters. Most petrol-station air machines are inaccurate anyway. You could always buy and use your own guage --- or even your own footpump.
Old 12th July 2014, 22:31   #1757
BHPian

Its just a way of getting cooler air into tires. Car running a while, air inside gets hot and inceeases pressure. The drop in psi lets some of this air out and u get a bit more balaced reading.
prithwi-81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 14:28   #1758
BHPian

Polo Brochure - Revealed before launch
http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...re-launch.html
Old 18th July 2014, 14:13   #1759
BHPian

Hi,

The new Polo comes with "L-shaped rear head restraints" and as a result, you get much better rear view from the IRVM.

Today, when I checked with the SA about the feasibility of fixing the same to the per-facelift Polo GT TSi, he told me that new one comes with the different set of brackets. So it can not be fixed.

Any idea about this??

Regards,
Rohan
Old 18th July 2014, 19:11   #1760
BHPian

Entering the GT TSi club!

No one seems to know which colours GT TSi would come with (3 responses from 3 dealers). So went with candy white for now. 9.76 lacs + Insurance in Mumbai (Corporate Booking).

Ex showroom: 7.85, Octroi: .35, Registration: 1.56(! corporate) = 9.76 + insurance (self)

So, a little over 10 lacs + extended warranty...costly little chap.
Old 19th July 2014, 12:24   #1761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
...costly little chap.
But Worth Every Penny
ironager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 09:52   #1762
BHPian

Quote:

No one seems to know which colours GT TSi would come with (3 responses from 3 dealers). So went with candy white for now. 9.76 lacs + Insurance in Mumbai (Corporate Booking).

Ex showroom: 7.85, Octroi: .35, Registration: 1.56(! corporate) = 9.76 + insurance (self)

So, a little over 10 lacs + extended warranty...costly little chap.
Whats the delivery time promised to you by your dealer? I'm sure there would be a backlog as well, because dealers were unknowingly taking bookings 2-3 months back with no inventory in-hand.

I booked mine a month back, and I'll be happy if I get mine by 1st week on Sept!
Old 21st July 2014, 12:27   #1763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Whats the delivery time promised to you by your dealer? I'm sure there would be a backlog as well, because dealers were unknowingly taking bookings 2-3 months back with no inventory in-hand.

I booked mine a month back, and I'll be happy if I get mine by 1st week on Sept!
second week of September. there are over 30 new cars being booked in the car scheme every month, most channeled by one broker. this chap tells me he'll use his 'influence' to expedite. Will PM you if I hear any update.
Old 24th July 2014, 15:51   #1764
BANNED

M Tiptronic mode

I tried the M Tiptronic mode for the first time today. Ahh, it was so much fun. It felt so good. To be able to hold gears till you like feels so liberating. It brought back memories of my ford ikon 1.6 rocam which i owned for a few years.

After having driven mostly in D and sometimes in S now for the 3 weeks that i've had the GT i had almost forgot the satisfaction a manual can give you. I can now see why a lot of bhpians are clamoring for the GT Tsi with a manual gearbox. This also now makes me feel that the Paddle Shifters will take the experience of this car to a whole new level. Earlier i was just contemplating the thought but now have to get the MFSW+PS 100%. No choice.

Anyhow a few observations and questions...

1. I saw a video where in a person demonstrated dsg and its various modes. So S holds the gears longer than D and keeps a lower gear at higher rpms to give faster acceleration response. But then he showed the manual mode and if you keep the pedal pressed it changes to the next gear automatically.

S mode and M mode both automatically drop the gears if you slow down. So then if you floor the throttle in in S it automatically up shifts at a high rpm and if you floor the throttle it in M then also it automatically shifts at a high rpm. So whats the difference between S mode and M mode ?

2. After some spirited driving in the manual mode for a few kms i pulled up at a petrol pump and when i rolled downed the window i got burning kind of smell. the same was also mentioned to me by the pump attendant. I turned off the engine after a minute to cool down the turbo and after filling petrol went home in D mode. After reaching home i opened the bonnet but that burning smell was not there. Is this normal...? Did i do too much ?!?

Cheers.
Old 24th July 2014, 18:32   #1765
Senior - BHPian

Re: M Tiptronic mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
S mode and M mode both automatically drop the gears if you slow down. So then if you floor the throttle in in S it automatically up shifts at a high rpm and if you floor the throttle it in M then also it automatically shifts at a high rpm. So whats the difference between S mode and M mode ?
I guess in M mode it will upshift at redline in every gear but in S it upshifts depending on your throttle position. So if you are not redlining when in S mode, it eventually upshifts at a lower RPM say 4K or 5K.
TSI owners may provide more information.
Old 24th July 2014, 19:24   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
I tried the M Tiptronic mode for the first time today. Ahh, it was so much fun. It felt so good. To be able to hold gears till you like feels so liberating.

This also now makes me feel that the Paddle Shifters will take the experience of this car to a whole new level. Earlier i was just contemplating the thought but now have to get the MFSW+PS 100%. No choice.

Cheers.
Nice! When the Civic came out with paddles first, I had a blast for a while. Then it was the S mode all the time without paddles. Soon though, I got bored of it and went back to the normal D mode due to our mundane traffic conditions.

No comparison, but when I drove the Freelander 2, again used triptronic a lot, then went back to normal after a while.

My accord, I don't bother trying out different modes!

The convenience of an automatic in a crowded city won over every time. I hope something similar doesn't happen to you or maybe i'm just getting older!

Last edited by d_himan : 24th July 2014 at 19:25.
Old 25th July 2014, 10:58   #1767
BHPian

Quote:
1. I saw a video where in a person demonstrated dsg and its various modes. So S holds the gears longer than D and keeps a lower gear at higher rpms to give faster acceleration response. But then he showed the manual mode and if you keep the pedal pressed it changes to the next gear automatically.
I guess, you are talking of the following video(jump to 3:29)

Quote:
2. After some spirited driving in the manual mode for a few kms i pulled up at a petrol pump and when i rolled downed the window i got burning kind of smell. .
Did you check whether it was coming from the brake pads?
After installing Brembo brake pads(and after some spirited drive), I too had got some burning smell, then found that it was coming from the brakes.
http://www.wikihow.com/Diagnose-Car-Smells
Old 25th July 2014, 20:28   #1768
BHPian

Quote:

Anyhow a few observations and questions...

Cheers.
In M mode the upshift happens only at the redline. But in S mode it will upshift as quick as 3.5k rpm if you are light footed and upshifts later during spirited driving.

And when the car was new, i too had this burning smell from the brakes. But with time it came down.
Old 27th July 2014, 15:51   #1769
BHPian

I hope that the new updated 2014 tsi gets more equipment than the standard car - the updated meters, all black interiors and the tartan upholstery on the euro spec gt models ... And updated tyres and alloys ... But the dealer is quoting the same price as before so I am a little doubtful
Old 29th July 2014, 13:55   #1770
BANNED

Quote:
Nice! When the Civic came out with paddles first, I had a blast for a while. Then it was the S mode all the time without paddles. Soon though, I got bored of it and went back to the normal D mode due to our mundane traffic conditions.

No comparison, but when I drove the Freelander 2, again used triptronic a lot, then went back to normal after a while.

My accord, I don't bother trying out different modes!

The convenience of an automatic in a crowded city won over every time. I hope something similar doesn't happen to you or maybe i'm just getting older!
lol, yep i guess that what happens to majority of people. I'm assuming mostly the paddles will be most beneficial and used for quick over taking maneuvers. But besides that the feel and grip of the vw flat botton mfsw is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I guess, you are talking of the following video(jump to 3:29)
http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=W5tJRCQyYdA

Did you check whether it was coming from the brake pads?
After installing Brembo brake pads(and after some spirited drive), I too had got some burning smell, then found that it was coming from the brakes.
http://www.wikihow.com/Diagnose-Car-Smells
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
In M mode the upshift happens only at the redline. But in S mode it will upshift as quick as 3.5k rpm if you are light footed and upshifts later during spirited driving.

And when the car was new, i too had this burning smell from the brakes. But with time it came down.
yes that's the video i was talking about. pretty informative. thanks guys, i didn't specifically smell the brakes but by the time i left the petrol pump and reached home the burning smell was gone. next time when i do a spirited drive and if the burning smell is present again i'll check the brakes. hopefully it is as you guys say...

Last edited by rana_kirti : 29th July 2014 at 13:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks