Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2014, 14:19   #1771
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Even in M mode the car does have its own program to up shift and down shift depending on how much you throttle and for how long.
For eg. if you don't up shift after reaching a programmed high RPM for a particular gear for a specific duration, the car will up shift, similarly down shift too. Another eg. is say you manage to rev to red line in 3rd gear and you press -/down shift, DSG wont respond to that request. This is to preserve the engine and transmission.
DSG has a very complex program in place to manage the transmission of power depending on the specific engine, turbo its power and torque range and peaks, etc. Like the remap you get for tuning the engines, there are remaps available to tune DSGs too.
M mode operates within a pre-set range only. It's not a 100% manual mode.
Old 4th August 2014, 16:50   #1772
BHPian

guys who have booked new GT TSIs; any updates from the dealers on when is the expected launch and deliveries. I booked mine a few weeks back and the dealer is still clueless. they have given me a tentative delivery date of first week November.

I am dying to know what the interiors will be like and if there would be any changes from the previous version, although the dealer and most websites say that only the exterior styling will change as in the new Polo. but as they say, yeh dil maange more!!!
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 16:26   #1773
BHPian

A few imports over the last 2 months...let's hope for the best!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-import_tsi.png  

d_himan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 16:45   #1774
BHPian

wow!!! thats a lot of engines, 650 of them. they really are expecting a lot of demand for the GT TSi. any idea how many bookings they have in the pipeline?
Old 5th August 2014, 17:49   #1775
Distinguished - BHPian

This per unit value is original price or import cost?
I see it has come down a little after 1st July?
Old 5th August 2014, 18:04   #1776
BHPian

Each engine cost 1 lakh rupees? That's very expensive. How much does the DSG gearbox cost?
Old 5th August 2014, 19:07   #1777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
A few imports over the last 2 months...let's hope for the best!
That's some never-seen-before data. Thanks for sharing!
Old 5th August 2014, 20:26   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
wow!!! thats a lot of engines, 650 of them. they really are expecting a lot of demand for the GT TSi. any idea how many bookings they have in the pipeline?
No idea...i booked mid-July immediately after the facelift...the dealer told me end-August to early September. Took it with a pinch of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
This per unit value is original price or import cost?
I see it has come down a little after 1st July?
Exchange rate dependent. Import cost. I'm not sure if every duty has been included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Each engine cost 1 lakh rupees? That's very expensive. How much does the DSG gearbox cost?
No idea sir, will try looking up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
That's some never-seen-before data. Thanks for sharing!
Anytime. Plenty of websites now where you can track exim data for free.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 20:48   #1779
BHPian

Guys, I havent followed this [neither POLO GT TSI nor Vento TSI] till date.
Suddenly, got interest to do a test drive of these.

One question - Are we expecting a newer POLO GT TSI ? or Has it already arrived at the dealer's place ?

Prem.
Old 5th August 2014, 21:06   #1780
Senior - BHPian

The price would include shipping costs ($0.60 to 0.80 cents per lbs bulk/wholesale by air, no idea on sea freight), import duties (approx 26+%) & insurance@1%

It would be safe to assume that the gear box would cost as much if not more than the engine.

If someone here who is yet to get their Tsi registered can take a look at the registration file, we could get to know the billed amount of the car from VW to the dealer and then work backwards(with due assumption on profit margins etc) to arrive at what the model actually costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Old 6th August 2014, 10:44   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Guys, I havent followed this [neither POLO GT TSI nor Vento TSI] till date.
Suddenly, got interest to do a test drive of these.

One question - Are we expecting a newer POLO GT TSI ? or Has it already arrived at the dealer's place ?

Prem.
Hi Prem,

The new Polo GT TSi is just a facelift. the mechanicals would remain the same. the changes should be in line with the changes seen on the new Polo, flat bottom steering wheel, new alloys, headlight cluster, tail light cluster, chrome treatment etc. but that is just hearsay currently, as the features and interiors for GT TSi have not been announced yet.

from what I have read (nothing confirmed), the launch should be around end August.
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 09:34   #1782
BHPian

Guys, need your help in understanding the problem.Yesterday my car engine got switched off.

I had started from my home at 7:00 AM(with almost half tank of petrol), at 7:30 AM I was at Indiranagar signal, and I had put my car in "N" mode(and in handbrake). Engine was on during this time.
When the signal turned green, I removed the handbrake, and put the car in "D" mode, and suddenly engine went off.

First time, when I tried to start the engine, it did not even crank. But the second time it worked.

Note:Just a week back, I had given the vehicle for the first service(i.e after 15,000 kms).
I generally fill petrol at Shell(Old madras Road, next to Gopalan's mall).

Any idea about this? Did anyone else experience similar problem??

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 7th August 2014 at 09:37.
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 10:52   #1783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Guys, need your help in understanding the problem.Yesterday my car engine got switched off.

I removed the handbrake, and put the car in "D" mode, and suddenly engine went off.

First time, when I tried to start the engine, it did not even crank. But the second time it worked.

Any idea about this? Did anyone else experience similar problem??
Makes me remember my car's fuel pump failure. But otherwise its practically impossible to stall a DSG equipped car. When you crank for the first time the car was already in 'Ignition' mode, so the key itself would not turn right? You would have had to turn the key all the way back and then try again.. It could be early sign of fuel pump failure. Try keeping fuel above half tank level, and visit the workshop, I don't know how would the workshop react or replicate your scenario, but may be they have others complaining about similar issues.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 12:02   #1784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Makes me remember my car's fuel pump failure. But otherwise its practically impossible to stall a DSG equipped car. When you crank for the first time the car was already in 'Ignition' mode, so the key itself would not turn right? You would have had to turn the key all the way back and then try again.. It could be early sign of fuel pump failure. Try keeping fuel above half tank level, and visit the workshop, I don't know how would the workshop react or replicate your scenario, but may be they have others complaining about similar issues.
@Adi: Thanks for the heads up.
I have a Bluetooth OBD 2 device, would it be possible to analyze the problem using this(e.g. fuel pressure going down)?
Old 8th August 2014, 11:28   #1785
BHPian

Got some information yesterday from the dealer where I booked my TSI that points to cars being available end of August. Surprising news as until last week they were adamant that production would only start in first week of September. Will update when i get further concrete news.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks