Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2014, 11:50   #1786
Senior - BHPian

Hey. Dealer in Ahmedabad has promised me delivery of TSI Polo in first week September. Although I did not go ahead with the booking because I feel the car is more of a 'left over', than a 'make over'. Would rather wait for New Jazz and i20. Of course if one is okay with the step motherly treatment of VW AG towards Indian consumers then sure, buy it no matter what, mechanicals are identical to the old car as such. People cribbing about the empty bulb housing in the fog lamp, thats for DRL halogens in Eu models, and not for cornering. Always cornering lights work with fog lamps, on almost all VW group cars. Do we not remember the Laura? It had DRL on the outer side of fog lamps and actual cornering feature would be only via fog lamps, when head lights are turned on of course.
Old 8th August 2014, 12:01   #1787
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurva512 View Post
Got some information yesterday from the dealer where I booked my TSI that points to cars being available end of August. Surprising news as until last week they were adamant that production would only start in first week of September. Will update when i get further concrete news.
My dealer had also mentioned the same. production will commence only in September, and all dealerships with bookings in hand will get some stock in the first batch. Will try and find out if they also have the same update.
Old 8th August 2014, 13:32   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
My dealer had also mentioned the same. production will commence only in September, and all dealerships with bookings in hand will get some stock in the first batch. Will try and find out if they also have the same update.
Well my dealer mentioned early Sept, which coincides with the fact that VW had announced during Polo facelift launch that GT's would be launching end-Aug. So any delay should be a production issue, or obviously there is a back-log of deliveries.
Old 8th August 2014, 13:59   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Well my dealer mentioned early Sept, which coincides with the fact that VW had announced during Polo facelift launch that GT's would be launching end-Aug. So any delay should be a production issue, or obviously there is a back-log of deliveries.
which dealership did you book from? I booked mine at Volkswagen Delhi Metropolitan at Saket. The guys there said that production would commence in September and deliveries in September end/October. but, to be on a safe side, they gave me delivery estimate of November first week.

There obviously would be a back log of deliveries as some dealers were still booking the GT TSi pre facelift right up to the launch of the facelift Polo. But, the news which heartened me was that all dealerships will get some units, and these guys did not have any backlog

Also, they did mention that 'sir, we produce GT TSi only when our production line is free. if that is the case, then the advancement of production would point to the fact that there is no backlog on the Polo 1.2 and 1.5, which is also corroborated with almost nil waiting period on these versions.
Old 8th August 2014, 15:41   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
which dealership did you book from? I booked mine at Volkswagen Delhi Metropolitan at Saket. The guys there said that production would commence in September and deliveries in September end/October. but, to be on a safe side, they gave me delivery estimate of November first week.

There obviously would be a back log of deliveries as some dealers were still booking the GT TSi pre facelift right up to the launch of the facelift Polo. But, the news which heartened me was that all dealerships will get some units, and these guys did not have any backlog

Also, they did mention that 'sir, we produce GT TSi only when our production line is free. if that is the case, then the advancement of production would point to the fact that there is no backlog on the Polo 1.2 and 1.5, which is also corroborated with almost nil waiting period on these versions.
Mine is with VW Moti Nagar. As far as my experience goes till date with the dealer, they are not update at all on the happenings in VW India world, be it related to a facelift lauch, or launch date or new color, or etc. They have the facts later than they appear on the internet.

Neither do I think they are able-enough to comment on the 'production line', given that they were clueless even on the inventory and taking bookings till last date, intentionally or unintentionally.
amanomics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 14:52   #1791
BHPian

Guys, yesterday I had a flat tire. VW has a jack which is totally different from my older Maruti Jack, and was really confused.
Luckily, below video helped me in replacing the tireTip: It is better to carry a small flat wooden piece during the long highway journey because the base of the jack is pretty small. Jack could be placed on this wooden stick, so that your car does not slip

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 11th August 2014 at 15:01.
shetty_rohan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 03:38   #1792
BHPian

I remember reading somewhere when Polo was released that it comes with an air-release option at the fuel tank to get an accurate top-up.

Now I am pretty sure I read about it but I could be confusing the polo with some other car. I searched for this a couple of times after I bought the car and I still couldn't find it, can someone confirm if this exists?

Thanks,

Azeem
Old 15th August 2014, 11:56   #1793
BHPian

Update: September last week, my dealer in B'bay says now for my corporate booking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Although I did not go ahead with the booking because I feel the car is more of a 'left over', than a 'make over'. Would rather wait for New Jazz and i20.
No choice sir...how can 'family' hatches like Jazz and I20 come close to this?
Hyundai or Honda can add all the bells and whistles they want but can't change the DNA! (Not that we would mind more features...)

A bit like the Laura vs the 3 for driving pleasure, the 3, with the rear wheel drive, nails it every single time.
Old 15th August 2014, 20:45   #1794
BHPian

2014 GT TSi reaches showrooms.
Guys at Autocolumn.com have managed to get some photos.
Link below
http://www.autocolumn.com/2014/08/2014-vw-polo-gt-tsi/

The changes are almost the same as that of the normal 2014 Polo. However the car gets a complete black interiors and piano black finish center console. The external mirrors are black in colour and so is the rear spoiler.

A bit disappointed with the looks to be honest. I thought VW will provide 16" alloys and a different rear bumper.
rejoycjohn is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 21:27   #1795
Team-BHP Support

A little disappointed with the new GT. It seems to retain the same old alloys and the black spoiler at the back looks tacky in pictures. I hope that's not the case in the flesh.

All-black interior is great news!

What's the word on the colour options? Red and white will be options but have they discontinued the black, as they have done with the regular Polo?
Old 15th August 2014, 22:36   #1796
BHPian

I don't like black coloured rear view mirrors. Gosh that is base model stuff.

We have booked steel grey. As per sales the three colours are red white and steel grey.
kanishka88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 22:49   #1797
BHPian

The available colours are Grey, Red and White.
satya180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 22:52   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
The available colours are Grey, Red and White.
Are you sure of this? My SA said black will be available too.
Old 16th August 2014, 10:33   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka88 View Post
I don't like black coloured rear view mirrors. Gosh that is base model stuff.

We have booked steel grey. As per sales the three colours are red white and steel grey.
A little life poured into this thread - thanks for the alert rejoycjohn!

Kanishka88 - I'm going in for the white now and putting in a gloss black wrap on the roof as well looking at all this!

While not giving additional equipment is no surprise, how I wish the alloys were different...
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 10:51   #1800
BHPian

Is it just me or does the black ORVMs and rear spoiler look tacky, at least on the Red? And VW why oh why have that sticker on the rear pillar?

I can see it kind of working on the white and maybe on the carbon steel.

General Indian sentiment but I'm still disappointed.

It's still good to know that its all black interiors with piano black trim etc - mind you, just that it should have been more visually appealing and differentiated on the exterior. Heck different front and rear bumpers would have been at least acceptable for most enthusiasts!
shefiu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks