Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2014, 19:56   #1831
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Hi khoj,

I spoke to someone from Volkswagen India Sales (higher than Area Sales Manager)and he confirmed that the GTs will come in Carbon Steel along with red and white. Which among these are you more inclined to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I am considering the GT for the same reason, the AT box. Have decided to sell my sedan, am simply tired of pressing the clutch through the mess on the roads. Wish they had the two door version available or better still the Golf.

BTW, did the guys at the showroom confirm the colour palette? Here in Dilli people are still stuck with Red, White & Black. The New version will reach Dilli only by September, so a confirmation on the carbon steel will be appreciated.

Last edited by pc1686 : 23rd August 2014 at 19:58.
pc1686 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 20:05   #1832
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Gautam and pc1686 for your inputs.

pc I am leaning towards the Carbon Steel then Red (if its a deep blackish Red) followed by White.

I have been wondering why VW chose not bring the GT in Reflex Silver. That shade with black interiors is a great combination.

EDIT : I meant CS only, thanks 'pc' for catching that and so the Red is out.

Last edited by khoj : 23rd August 2014 at 20:18.
Old 23rd August 2014, 20:14   #1833
BHPian

Hello khoj,

Pepper Grey, which was available in the pre 2014 facelift Polo has been discontinued and the new color is Carbon Steel. Please check out the pics of this new color posted by our fellow BHPian, a4anurag in the following thread.

And the red is the same shade, which has been coming ever since Polo was launched in India.

Hope this helps.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ve-thread.html

Quote:
Thank you Gautam and pc1686 for your inputs.

pc I am leaning towards the Grey then Red (if its a deep blackish Red) followed by White.

I have been wondering why VW chose not bring the GT in Reflex Silver. That shade with black interiors is a great combination.
Old 23rd August 2014, 20:59   #1834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hi khoj,

I spoke to someone from Volkswagen India Sales (higher than Area Sales Manager)and he confirmed that the GTs will come in Carbon Steel along with red and white. Which among these are you more inclined to?
Hi, did he confirm the launch date and when the deliveries would start?
Old 23rd August 2014, 21:26   #1835
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post

he confirmed that the GTs will come in Carbon Steel along with red and white. Which among these are you more inclined to?
Quote:
pc I am leaning towards the Carbon Steel then Red (if its a deep blackish Red) followed by White.
FYI Guys,

This is how the Carbon Steel would look like:

Name:  ForumRunner_20140823_212516.png
Views: 8525
Size:  766.8 KB

I love this color than White and Red.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 21:26   #1836
BHPian

Yes, as per him the dispatch to certain cities has already begun but the production is limited. He was very confident that a GT TDI now booked will be delivered by end of September. And to this when I aksed about the TSI, he said "same time for TSI".

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
Hi, did he confirm the launch date and when the deliveries would start?
pc1686 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 22:36   #1837
BHPian

Is the new gt TDI still going to be manual transmission or also automatic as vw must be saving quite a bit on excise duties due to engine size coming down to 1.5 and I doubt if there will be much cost difference between the 1.5 diesel and he 1.2 tsi petrol.
Old 23rd August 2014, 23:33   #1838
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
Is the new gt TDI still going to be manual transmission or also automatic as vw must be saving quite a bit on excise duties due to engine size coming down to 1.5 and I doubt if there will be much cost difference between the 1.5 diesel and he 1.2 tsi petrol.
AFAIK, there are plans by VW to launch DSG with GT TDI but I guess that should happen aroud this year end or early next year according to the SA when I and another BHPian had gone for the TD.

Anurag.
Old 23rd August 2014, 23:36   #1839
BHPian

Quote:

The GT TDI will continue to be a manual. The price difference between diesel and petrol is anyways decreasing, so the GT TSI still makes sense. The price of both the petrol and diesel GTs will be 7.99 lac ex showroom Delhi.
VW has to recover their R&D and design costs for the 1.5 ;-)
None of the cars are going to get cheaper, buddy ! anytime now or in the future
Old 24th August 2014, 07:51   #1840
blr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Carbon steel looks great in person, I did see it when I went for the TD of the regular 1.5 TDI.

Anurag.
Hi Anurag,

Is it more to the black side than the grey side? What is your take on it if it were in all black interior?

Thanks!

Blr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit-Dude View Post
The GT TDI will continue to be a manual.
I tend to believe too so. Launching a DSG TDI will make the already low TSI sales to drop pretty drastically and will almost kill it. They might gat a few diesel manual guys to go for the DSG though.

Quote:
The blaupunkt Philadelphia seems like a good option to put in the polo, but the dealers are not taking back the standard head unit. Is there a market for these head units?
Thanks Gautam for the update from Bangalore! Which dealership have you been to? Are they selling the Balupunkt? How much are they being quoted?

BTW, when you said the same upholstery, did you mean the same old beige colour or just the same material? I am especially interested to know the colour of the headliner for the purpose of sourcing a matching dome light for upgrade.

Thanks again!

Blr

Last edited by khan_sultan : 24th August 2014 at 11:28. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts
Old 24th August 2014, 18:27   #1841
BHPian

Dear Members,

I'm in a dilemma and request experts out here to help me. I'm on the look out for a new car with a budget of 10 L OTR. My monthly running is around 2700 Kms; Petrol or Diesel doesn't matter. Currently having Wagon R Vxi 2004 model which has run nearly 69 K Kms. Have a chauffeur.

I've shortlisted Polo GT Tsi, Linea Tjet and Ertiga ZDi.

My heart says pick Polo GT Tsi or Linea Tjet 'cause of :

1. FTD factor. No need of Driver
2. Mod Potential
3. Don't go for Maruti again ( relatively low quality of plastics, rattling etc.,)
4. DSG of Polo will be a boon in city traffic
5. Good driving dynamics and overall build quality
6. Initial turbo lag in Ertiga

My mind says Ertiga Zdi 'cause of :

1. Better mileage. Can save some $$
2. My in-laws stay with me and I also have a Lab. No need to hire an innova for our yearly outings
3. Exceptional A.S.S. Have established a good rapport with M.A.S.S near my residence and they give me priority service
4. Fiat A.S.S and VW A.S.S are nearly 20 Kms away.

Wifey has finalized Red Polo GT TSi . Request Members here to advice before I take the plunge. VW dealer in chembur is quoting 1-2 months waiting period for GT TSi. I'm OK with this...

Thanks..
Old 24th August 2014, 18:34   #1842
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr View Post
Is it more to the black side than the grey side? What is your take on it if it were in all black interior?
Slightly more towards Black but looks a bit of darker shade in grey. Irrespective of interiors be it beige only or black only or 2-tone, I love the Carbon Steel color.

If I were in the market for the face lift Polo, this would be my colour choice.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 19:14   #1843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Rider View Post
Dear Members,

I'm in a dilemma and request experts out here to help me. I'm on the look out for a new car with a budget of 10 L OTR. My monthly running is around 2700 Kms; Petrol or Diesel doesn't matter. Currently having Wagon R Vxi 2004 model which has run nearly 69 K Kms. Have a chauffeur.

I've shortlisted Polo GT Tsi, Linea Tjet and Ertiga ZDi.

Chauffeur, in laws and dog definitely means you need a slightly bigger car with back seat comfort. I would not trust a chauffeur with a DSG unless he is experienced in driving automatics. In the long run, linea or the ertiga would serve you better.
Old 24th August 2014, 19:48   #1844
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Rider View Post
My monthly running is around 2700 Kms; Petrol or Diesel doesn't matter.

Wifey has finalized Red Polo GT TSi. Request Members here to advice before I take the plunge. VW dealer in chembur is quoting 1-2 months waiting period for GT TSi.
I'd say you need a diesel seeing the running you have monthly.

In between the choices you have put i'll suggest the Ertiga ZDi for the space, comfort, drive ability, cheap on the pocket and Maruti after al. I am saying this as you good rapport with the ASC which makes things easier.

Anurag.
Old 24th August 2014, 22:25   #1845
blr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Slightly more towards Black but looks a bit of darker shade in grey. Irrespective of interiors be it beige only or black only or 2-tone, I love the Carbon Steel color.

If I were in the market for the face lift Polo, this would be my colour choice.

Anurag.
Thanks!

I have already booked my TSI way back in April 2014, but am out of the country at the moment and planning to take delivery of the car only in November 2014. Black as the colour I booked originally and now that it is gone, was leaning towards toe Carbon. Your comment seals the deal and Carbon it would be for me too!

Now just need to figure our the headliner colour (grey or beige) for this so that I may buy the matching dome light while am still abroad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks