Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2014, 10:49   #1861
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Update & Query on Mileage.

Is the mileage currently low because the car had done only about 825kms at start of journey and will increase after a few thousand kms ? Or is it beacuse it car was fully loaded with 5 occupants + max baggage ?

Thanks.
Small Petrol cars are very sensitive to weight. When loaded to the max, my alto became very lethargic to drive and the mileage dropped from 16 kmpl avg to 12 kmpl.
Where as our 20 year old Tempo Trax feels the same when driven solo or with 5,6 on board - that's the magic of torque.
Old 28th August 2014, 13:09   #1862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post
From what I understand from my local VW dealer, there is no separate launch planned for GT models and cross polo. They have already delivered a few cross polos and have now started the TSI delivery. Hopefully september will see more GT TSI deliveries.
I also got a call from my SA yesterday that they have started getting deliveries for the GT TSI and my car should be delivered in the first half of September.

He was also positive about arranging a car for me to check. looking forward to it today. will update thread if I am able to get a sneak preview.
Old 28th August 2014, 19:51   #1863
BHPian

Getting 12.5 on a loaded gt is fascinating. Nothing bad about it. I did Delhi Jaipur alone @ 15.5kmpl
Old 28th August 2014, 21:35   #1864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Update & Query on Mileage.

Drove from delhi to dehradun a few days back in my 2 months old GT.

Conditions at start of journey.

- load of 4 adults + small dog
- boot filled to the max
- tank full of Speed 97.
- odo meter @ 825 kms.

Journey

- I drove in a semi relaxed manner and gave it a good acceleration whenever needed for overtaking.
- Stopped at a place for about 45 mins with engine and ac running.

Mileage reading at end of journey in the mfd 1 showed...

- 330 kms
- 12.5 km per litre

Would the above be considered a good or a bad mileage ? I was considering a bit more of about 15km/l + from reading other owners getting that much on their highway runs.

Is the mileage currently low because the car had done only about 825kms at start of journey and will increase after a few thousand kms ? Or is it beacuse it car was fully loaded with 5 occupants + max baggage ?

Thanks.
Sounds perfectly acceptable. I have done the same 350km journey multiple times. Each drive in the same time window with driving style like you mentioned, in my vento tsi . Mileage obtained was as follows.

Alone with minimal luggage- 16kmpl
3 people with basic luggage- 14kmpl
Fully loaded with people and a full boot -12.8( this drive was today and I was just talking about the difference with my brother today).

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 28th August 2014 at 21:36.
Old 29th August 2014, 12:48   #1865
BHPian

The SA was on leave yesterday, so couldnt check the car out. But, the dealer being in a mall, I had a feeling that they may have the car in the basement, where they park new cars to be delivered. So, went down in the basement a few minutes back, and was in luck . A lone new Red GT TSI was parked in the basement along with other Polos.

The details available till now are corroborated, including the all black interiors

I was also able to click a few snaps from my phone, as the only guys around were a bunch of car cleaners, who were cleaning a to-be-delivered car. the snaps are not too great as the basement was dimly lit, but here goes:

The much awaited black interiors are there. The blacked out OVRMs and spoiler look sporty (personal opinion). the alloys are from the previous generation, shod with Apollo Alnac (not Alnac 4G), and the seats are clad in the same 'Milan Titanschwarz' fabric as the previous GT TSI.

My opinion - VW have improved the look of the GT TSI by some bit, and I feel happier now that I didn't opt for the previous generation, though not getting new alloys is a bit of a let down (I was still hoping in my heart that VW will give us a completely different set of alloys)

Incidentally, while writing this post, the SA has just called and has asked me to come over for a sneak preview. Have told him that I shall be there around 3. Will update if I find anything new.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-1.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-2.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-3.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-4.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-5.jpg  

Last edited by lalittalwar : 29th August 2014 at 13:09. Reason: deleted one line
lalittalwar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 13:28   #1866
BHPian

@lalittalwar thankfully the interiors are not all black. Do let us know if there are any features outside of the non GT Polo.

Cheers,
Old 29th August 2014, 15:04   #1867
BHPian

Just to correct myself, atleast the seats are not dark / black.
Old 29th August 2014, 16:35   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Just to correct myself, atleast the seats are not dark / black.
Just went and checked out the car from the inside. no pics this time.

@diffsoft and blr - the headliner is also grey. so its not all black

other than that, nothing different in terms of features from Polo Highline. The door sill plates and pedals are aluminium. the dead pedal is also there.

Mine is the next in line. This car is for another customer. the SA says that the guy's wife is pressing for a Vento TSI. this time around, I'm rooting for the wife
lalittalwar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 00:05   #1869
BHPian

Thanks for the update Lalit. Are you planning to update the tyres ? If so to what?
Old 30th August 2014, 04:46   #1870
blr
BHPian

Did you say, the headliner is also grey! Thank you so very much! Really hope it was not a typo!

So other than the seats, is everything else interior (carpet, door trims, pillar trims, etc) are in black/grey?

Is the dead pedal plastic or aluminium?

Sorry, if I am pestering you with all my childish questions.

If you are going for the red one, then I will also cheer for the other customer to buy the Vento!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
Just went and checked out the car from the inside. no pics this time.

@diffsoft and blr - the headliner is also grey. so its not all black

other than that, nothing different in terms of features from Polo Highline. The door sill plates and pedals are aluminium. the dead pedal is also there.

Mine is the next in line. This car is for another customer. the SA says that the guy's wife is pressing for a Vento TSI. this time around, I'm rooting for the wife
blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 08:59   #1871
BHPian

Quote:

the alloys are from the previous generation, shod with Apollo Alnac (not Alnac 4G), and the seats are clad in the same 'Milan Titanschwarz' fabric as the previous GT TSI.

Thanks lalittalwar, fantastic scoop! Cements my decision to go for a white to complement the all-black interiors. I'll be putting a gloss black wrap on the roof too.
Old 30th August 2014, 19:00   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr View Post
Did you say, the headliner is also grey! Thank you so very much! Really hope it was not a typo!

So other than the seats, is everything else interior (carpet, door trims, pillar trims, etc) are in black/grey?

Is the dead pedal plastic or aluminium?

Sorry, if I am pestering you with all my childish questions.

If you are going for the red one, then I will also cheer for the other customer to buy the Vento!

Thanks!
yup, the inside is either black or grey. the dead pedal is plastic. and yes, I have the booking for a red one. thanks for the cheer bro!!!

@gautam99 - I have already decided. going for the Vredestein Sportrac5 195/60 R15. have already spoken to an Apollo dealer in Gurgaon. The trade in would be @3200 per tyre and new ones @5800. so a total of 10400. let me know if you get a better exchange price. will try and haggle with the guy further

Last edited by lalittalwar : 30th August 2014 at 19:05.
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 19:13   #1873
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have already decided. going for the Vredestein Sportrac5 195/60 R15. have already spoken to an Apollo dealer in Gurgaon. The trade in would be @3200 per tyre and new ones @5800. so a total of 10400. let me know if you get a better exchange price. will try and haggle with the guy further
Is that right upsize for the Polo? I thought the best option with minimum variance is 205/55 R15.
Old 30th August 2014, 19:21   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Is that right upsize for the Polo? I thought the best option with minimum variance is 205/55 R15.
the error is +2%, which according to tyre gurus, falls under the +/-3% limit. I could have also gone in for the 195/55 R15, which would have an error of -1.2%.
Agree on the fact that 205/55 R15 is the closest match with error at +0.6%. but 205 section tyres seemed like an overkill to me.
Old 30th August 2014, 19:21   #1875
BHPian

Took the delivery today. I had posted an update earlier during the day but maybe moderators didnt let it display.

Initial impression:
Brake is sensitive, will take few rides getting used to.
That little push in D mode is useful in bumper to bumper traffic. Just remove foot from brake and it moves forward.
A/c blower is a bit on the noisier side I feel.
I like the vroooom sound inside the cabin!
amanomics is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks