Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2014, 14:01   #1906
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
One more irritant that i experienced in my GT is that when i activate child lock when there are two adults and one really hyperactive child in the backseat. Even after stopping the car and releasing the central locking, the rear doors can't be opened from inside for the adults to come out. You can open only from outside, whatsoever. So, either the driver or the front passenger should get out and open the door for the rear passengers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't this common in all cars?

And I think it is normal behaviour IMO.

Anurag.
Child locks are meant to be opened from outside only. All cars with child locks on rear doors work the same way. It cannot be opened from inside. That is the whole point of calling it a child lock.
Old 31st August 2014, 14:23   #1907
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't this common in all cars?

And I think it is normal behaviour IMO.

Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Child locks are meant to be opened from outside only. All cars with child locks on rear doors work the same way. It cannot be opened from inside. That is the whole point of calling it a child lock.
Yeah i'm aware of it. Just that its an irritant when adults occupy the back seat but you are forced to use the child lock at times because it can be opened from inside otherwise by naughty children.
Old 31st August 2014, 14:26   #1908
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah i'm aware of it. Just that its an irritant when adults occupy the back seat but you are forced to use the child lock at times because it can be opened from inside otherwise by naughty children.
Agree but I feel it better to spend some energy getting down and opening the door from outside rather than being sorry for life!

Anurag.
Old 31st August 2014, 14:31   #1909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
No man, dealers dont stock it. Ordered from Aliexpress. I've shared my ordering experience in the Shopping thread, let me know if you are not able to find it.

Will be referring to Gannu's thread for installation: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...t-armrest.html
Which armrest did you order? There is one with cupholder (GTI) and another without (R). I believe the GTI one with cupholder has a bigger compartment.
Old 31st August 2014, 15:42   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

What does he think? That the engine needs to be kept warm?

(Or is it me that is missing something here? That is always possible!)

But then it being a petrol engine, cabin sound shouldn't be much, right?

Rather what I experienced from the ignition on with car stalled for 5mins, engine did get quite hot when we opened the bonnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post
Which armrest did you order? There is one with cupholder (GTI) and another without (R). I believe the GTI one with cupholder has a bigger compartment.

Sir, I ordered the same you can see in Gannu's thread, or in my post in Shopping thread.

If its any longer, it could interfere with the handbrake I guess.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 31st August 2014 at 16:12. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts
Old 31st August 2014, 16:15   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Can't imagine paying 10lakhs for a hatchback but still not getting an armrest or spare alloy wheels.
+1 and add no spare key fob to that

I am sure it wouldn't break anybody's bank account if VW charged 25k extra for the GT TSI and gave proper differentiating stuff and make it feel completely premium

Quote:
Exactly the confirmation I was looking for! Thanks Anurag.

So its risky, if a child mistakingly, or a irritated GF storms out, and "the GT" driver would have no control over it!

No for both. My armrest is waiting to be fixed!
Both the front and the rear doors require two pulls to open the doors, atleast that is the case with Laura, and I guess Polo shouldn't be different. the risk is more or less the same in any car. a child can open the locks as well, atleast in the Polo we now have speed sensitive autolock, which is missing in a lot of mass market cars.

and anybody determined enough to pull the lever twice really wants to get out, and you should let them, as given in the example an irritated GF, you really don't want one around you when she's irritated

Last edited by lalittalwar : 31st August 2014 at 16:23.
Old 31st August 2014, 16:49   #1912
Senior - BHPian

One of my cousin in on the lookout for GT and he asked me to join him on his visit to VW Palace Cross on Saturday.

Not sure if this has been posted, but just in case it has not, here they are:

Polo 1.5 TDi Highline - 9.04lks OTR Bangalore.

Polo 1.2 TSI - 9.79lks OTR Bangalore

Polog 1.5 GT TDI - 9.79lks OTR Bangalore

GT TSI & GT TDI are priced same. Wonder how this will influence the buyer.

P.S - One can book GT TSI now but have to wait for 6-8 months at least.
Old 31st August 2014, 17:36   #1913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The problem, then, is not the lock... but the children!

Quote:
But then it being a petrol engine, cabin sound shouldn't be much, right?

Rather what I experienced from the ignition on with car stalled for 5mins, engine did get quite hot when we opened the bonnet.
Yes, it could be me depositing the brown stuff on the ground here. First, I am a bit confused: is this on the inside of the bonnet, or the engine side of the bulkhead?

Indeed all engines get get very hot. I never pull the cover over the front of the bonnet just after driving. Maybe I'd be able to if it was "insulated." Still, I suspect that it is more about noise than heat.
Old 31st August 2014, 18:37   #1914
blr
BHPian

Quote:

What VW should have done is to link the locking / unlocking ONLY by the buttons present below the mirror adjustment system and NOT linked to the door lever.

Anurag.
Totally disagree here! You are effectively shutting people in and that is a huge inconvenience/risk.

First, the child lock is there at least for the back seats which should be the ONLY place for a child inside the car. Second, without child lock, two pulls of the lever is required to open the door which is not easy to do by accident. Not reading the manual and understanding the features of the vehicle one is operating is no excuse at all. No manufacturer can cut corners to make it easy for people who can't be bothered to read manuals!
Old 31st August 2014, 20:16   #1915
Distinguished - BHPian

My Polo has no passenger-air-bag-OFF switch. Any change in later models?
Old 31st August 2014, 20:34   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Yes, it could be me depositing the brown stuff on the ground here. First, I am a bit confused: is this on the inside of the bonnet, or the engine side of the bulkhead?

Indeed all engines get get very hot. I never pull the cover over the front of the bonnet just after driving. Maybe I'd be able to if it was "insulated." Still, I suspect that it is more about noise than heat.
Yes its on the inside of the bonnet.
Old 31st August 2014, 20:38   #1917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr View Post
Totally disagree here! You are effectively shutting people in and that is a huge inconvenience/risk.

First, the child lock is there at least for the back seats which should be the ONLY place for a child inside the car. Second, without child lock, two pulls of the lever is required to open the door which is not easy to do by accident. Not reading the manual and understanding the features of the vehicle one is operating is no excuse at all. No manufacturer can cut corners to make it easy for people who can't be bothered to read manuals!
The problem is the owner mostly doesn't sit in the backseat and you can't ask everyone sitting in your car to read the manual first. It is an inconvenient safety feature and i think we shall leave it at that and move forward.
Old 31st August 2014, 21:24   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
So, either the driver or the front passenger should get out and open the door for the rear passengers.
Another option is for the rear passengers themselves roll down the window and pull the outside door handle by reaching out. It's an inconvenience but for me safety of my child is more important.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 21:47   #1919
blr
BHPian

Quote:
The problem is the owner mostly doesn't sit in the backseat and you can't ask everyone sitting in your car to read the manual first. It is an inconvenient safety feature and i think we shall leave it at that and move forward.
If in doubt, then don't fiddle with anything; ask first! The driver who have presumably read the manual will know and will be able to assist.

BTW, most people sitting in the back seat of ANY car wouldn't necessarily know how that particular door works! Going by your argument, all card doors should work the same way for MOST people to be able to operate them; still some wouldn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
One of my cousin in on the lookout for GT and he asked me to join him on his visit to VW Palace Cross on Saturday.

Not sure if this has been posted, but just in case it has not, here they are:

Polo 1.5 TDi Highline - 9.04lks OTR Bangalore.

Polo 1.2 TSI - 9.79lks OTR Bangalore

Polog 1.5 GT TDI - 9.79lks OTR Bangalore

GT TSI & GT TDI are priced same. Wonder how this will influence the buyer.

P.S - One can book GT TSI now but have to wait for 6-8 months at least.
9.04 L for the Highline TDi and 75 K more for the DSG TSi and you are shocked? Come on!

When I booked the car back in April 2014 at the same dealership, the prices were slightly more (including some accessories, my be; have to check on that). So, nothing has changed for the worse for the facelift models.

GT TSI & GT TDI being the same price shouldn't/wouldn't influence the TSI buyer. With the diesel and petrol prices racing to meet each other, those looking for the GTI extras (whatever they are) may opt for the DSG convenience of the TS!. Other may move towards 75 k cheaper TDI Highline.

Just my 2 cents though!

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 31st August 2014 at 22:01.
Old 1st September 2014, 07:09   #1920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr View Post

9.04 L for the Highline TDi and 75 K more for the DSG TSi and you are shocked? Come on!

When I booked the car back in April 2014 at the same dealership, the prices were slightly more (including some accessories, my be; have to check on that).
Dude you totally missed the point here. I have a GT TDI as well and I bought it in June 2014, so I know what the prices were. But then again, the prices were justified considering 1.2 TDi and the 1.6 TDi difference between the regular & GT TDi respectively.

The reason I was surprised was that 1.5 GT TDi will only have an ECU tuning and few cosmetic upgrades over a regular 1.5 Highline Polo, and I felt 75k premium does not justify.

Hell 1.2 (P) Highline is 2lks cheaper than 1.2 GT TSi, which I felt was a bit too steap.

Yes, DSG and that sweet 1.2 TSi is Brilliant, but India is 'Kitna Deti Hai' Country and 'Mango man' (Aam Admi) will rather take the more frugal GT TDi at the same price point than the Automatic Petrol, irrespective of what the fuel costs will be.

But I will be the first one to eat my words if VW surprise all of us with some really cool 'Cosmetic Upgrades' on the GT brothers!!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 1st September 2014 at 07:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks