Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2014, 09:00   #1921
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
....But I will be the first one to eat my words if VW surprise all of us with some really cool 'Cosmetic Upgrades' on the GT brothers!!
Sorry but what surprise you hoping for? The current facelift 2015 model or something in future?
Old 1st September 2014, 09:30   #1922
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My Polo has no passenger-air-bag-OFF switch. Any change in later models?
Nope, we still do not get the passenger air-bag deactivation switch.
Old 1st September 2014, 09:36   #1923
BHPian

Quote:
Dude you totally missed the point here. I have a GT TDI as well and I bought it in June 2014, so I know what the prices were.

The reason I was surprised was that 1.5 GT TDi will only have an ECU tuning and few cosmetic upgrades over a regular 1.5 Highline Polo, and I felt 75k premium does not justify.

Hell 1.2 (P) Highline is 2lks cheaper than 1.2 GT TSi, which I felt was a bit too steap.

Yes, DSG and that sweet 1.2 TSi is Brilliant, but India is 'Kitna Deti Hai' Country and 'Mango man' (Aam Admi) will rather take the more frugal GT TDi at the same price point than the Automatic Petrol, irrespective of what the fuel costs will be.
:
Agree with you on the GT TDi bit - the difference in the 1.2 and 1.5 made one happy.

Disagree with you on the GT TSi bit - the difference between the 1.2 and 1.2 TSI + DSG is completely worth the premium.

Incidentally, in Mumbai at least, in both Chembur and Santacruz, the GT TSi has far more bookings than the GT TDi (or at least that's what they claim) - indicating that the AT is a major selling point, not the fuel. So, your typical buyer for this hatch is not an 'aam admi', perhaps usually a second, smaller car.

I would've bought the GT TDi if it has the DSG incidentally. But i can't give up on an automatic, not in Bombay.

Last edited by d_himan : 1st September 2014 at 09:37.
Old 1st September 2014, 10:11   #1924
blr
BHPian

Quote:
Dude you totally missed the point here. I have a GT TDI as well and I bought it in June 2014, so I know what the prices were. But then again, the prices were justified considering 1.2 TDi and the 1.6 TDi difference between the regular & GT TDi respectively.

The reason I was surprised was that 1.5 GT TDi will only have an ECU tuning and few cosmetic upgrades over a regular 1.5 Highline Polo, and I felt 75k premium does not justify.

Hell 1.2 (P) Highline is 2lks cheaper than 1.2 GT TSi, which I felt was a bit too steap.

Yes, DSG and that sweet 1.2 TSi is Brilliant, but India is 'Kitna Deti Hai' Country and 'Mango man' (Aam Admi) will rather take the more frugal GT TDi at the same price point than the Automatic Petrol, irrespective of what the fuel costs will be.

But I will be the first one to eat my words if VW surprise all of us with some really cool 'Cosmetic Upgrades' on the GT brothers!!

You probably are right with respect to the pricing of the diesel variants; have no idea what the differences are as I was never interested in diesel cars!

I thought you were shocked at the TSI price because of the 'shockked' emoji next to its price.

Also, I feel the 2L difference between regular 1.2 and the 1.2 TSI is justified; first, unlike the diesel variants, the TSI has turbo as well as the DSG in that price. I believe those two together are definitely worth the extra 2L.

The TSI was never meant to be the car for Kitana Deti Hai Aam Admi. It will never be too. It is meant for a different crowd and may be that is one reason why we are not seeing a DSG diesel yet. The Kitana Deti type will mostly stick to diesel and the Aam Admi will try to grab the bigger ones at the cheapest possible price; better is probably not on their agenda.

Anyway, the TSI without doubt is one of the few best cars to get for those who can afford it! And value for money too IMHO.

Last edited by blr : 1st September 2014 at 10:14.
Old 1st September 2014, 11:33   #1925
BHPian

I'd booked my car (WHITE) way back when the pre-facelift rumours surfaced. A Carbon-steel will arrive today at the dealership and I have the option to pick this one up since I'm sort of first in line. The SA is quoting another 30 days for the white.

Unfortunately, haven't checked out the colour in person so leaning on you guys to show me way!
Old 1st September 2014, 12:02   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi_hi_im View Post
I'd booked my car (WHITE) way back when the pre-facelift rumours surfaced. A Carbon-steel will arrive today at the dealership and I have the option to pick this one up since I'm sort of first in line. The SA is quoting another 30 days for the white.

Unfortunately, haven't checked out the colour in person so leaning on you guys to show me way!
I would have traded my Red for Carbon Steel, had that landed earlier!

After looking at the regular Polo in Carbon Steel, I think it should look good on the GT as the black spoiler and OVRMs gel better with grey IMO.

But again, color is a personal choice, and in your case how much more are you willing to wait!
amanomics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 16:57   #1927
BHPian

just got back from the dealership. gave the final cheque and the car is billed. I guess the wife prevailed as always

Now just have to wait for the cheque to be encashed and completing other formalities. I think I will take delivery end of this week. So, now officially part of the GT TSI club
Old 1st September 2014, 16:59   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi_hi_im View Post

I am waiting for my carbon steel gt so I would take it if it was in bangalore. The all black interiors and the gloss black mirrors and spoiler go well with the cs colour. Definitely not so good on red. White would be neutral I guess.
Old 1st September 2014, 17:02   #1929
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post

Now just have to wait for the cheque to be encashed and completing other formalities. I think I will take delivery end of this week. So, now officially part of the GT TSI club
Congratulations buddy!

Can you give the price paid with the breakup for the GT TSI?

Anurag.
Old 1st September 2014, 17:03   #1930
BHPian

How the quality of the original polo rubber floor mats? Do they lock onto the car floor. I had got some very good, though expensive rubber mats for my jetta, and am hoping the polo mats are similar quality.
gautam99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 17:05   #1931
BHPian

Quote:
just got back from the dealership. gave the final cheque and the car is billed. I guess the wife prevailed as always

Which dealership are you taking delivery from? Also what color? Please post pictures if it is carbon steel as I am very interested to see how the black ORVMs and spoiler look on it.
Old 1st September 2014, 17:13   #1932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations buddy!

Can you give the price paid with the breakup for the GT TSI?

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag, here's the breakup

Ex-showroom price: 803439
Insurance (zero dep): 30702
Registration Gurgaon: 51506
Handling charges: 6900
Temp no: 1500
HSRP: 2000
Total: 896047

No discounts, no freebies, and I am not buying any accessories from them. anything I should consider buying from the dealership?

@crskumar: mine is flash red. I had booked the car from Volkswagen Metropolitan, Saket. They also have the dealership for Gurgaon. most probably will take the delivery in Gurgaon.

Last edited by lalittalwar : 1st September 2014 at 17:18.
Old 1st September 2014, 17:17   #1933
BANNED

Quote:

No discounts, no freebies, and I am not buying any accessories from them. anything I should consider buying from the dealership?
Good to see HSRP in the list but 2K for it seems steep? Is that pricing correct?

What are the choices for the accessories in the first place? Only then can we suggest!

Congrats once again.

Anurag.
Old 1st September 2014, 17:19   #1934
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Anurag, here's the breakup

Ex-showroom price: 803439
Insurance (zero dep): 30702
Registration Gurgaon: 51506
Handling charges: 6900
Temp no: 1500
HSRP: 2000
Total: 896047

The GT TSI comes pretty loaded IMO. The ones I was thinking of getting from the dealership were the full matt pvc, rubber mats and maybe an extra horn. The rest like armrests, RCD510, reverse camera, etc. - you are better off buying from aliexpress.
Old 1st September 2014, 18:59   #1935
blr
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations latittalwar! Happy for you!

Or is it more appropriate to congratulate your spouse?

Most Viewed