Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:53   #1951
blr
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
Thanks bro!!! my spouse is definitely happy, but I was not talking about my spouse, rather one I had mentioned in one of previous posts. I was talking about the wife of the guy who was first in line for the delivery of a Red GT TSI. his wife convinced him to go for the Vento TSI. I was next in line for the Red, so got this one.
Oh, right! Forgot that for a moment!
Old 2nd September 2014, 16:52   #1952
Senior - BHPian

So finally someone in VW hierarchy realised that there are people out there who dislike having the colour beige anywhere in their rides and the new GT Tsi is now all black with Grey headliner & trims and the two tone seats as depicted in the already posted pictures. Hmm.. time finally to ride out and book one. No, 'cause now waiting for the Reflex Silver to be added to the colour palette offered. Talk about procrastination

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I have a couple of questions

1. The door pads/cards, are they completely black or is the middle portion still beige.
Old 2nd September 2014, 18:57   #1953
Senior - BHPian

Pursuant to my post above, these just came in. Thought I will share with you guys.

Black Interiors check

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-1img_20140902_154106.jpg

Grey Trim check

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-1img_20140902_154118.jpg

New Face

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-1img_20140902_154003.jpg

Old Alloys. Much better looking than the weird 5 thick 5 thin spoke design that are on the refresh Polo, IMHO.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-1img_20140902_154014.jpg

Confusion Galore

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-1img_20140902_154024.jpg

Per the SA at this dealership, the car came with spoiler in white and the parking sensors installed?? Now the snaps were forwarded to me. Per him this car was offloaded this afternoon, so no time to paint/install etc etc. To me the spoiler looks as if it is covered in masking tape/film, mainly due to the rough edges etc. Maybe the new owner/members can clarify.
Old 2nd September 2014, 19:10   #1954
BHPian

That does look a white film over the spoiler. Otherwise its a blooper from VW!
Old 2nd September 2014, 19:27   #1955
BANNED

Quote:
Per the SA at this dealership, the car came with spoiler in white and the parking sensors installed?? Now the snaps were forwarded to me. Per him this car was offloaded this afternoon, so no time to paint/install etc etc. To me the spoiler looks as if it is covered in masking tape/film, mainly due to the rough edges etc. Maybe the new owner/members can clarify.
Look at the below image, though not in India but does convey the whole point.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-volkswagen44.jpg

Look at the part above the rear door, the same white protective cover is seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
That does look a white film over the spoiler. Otherwise its a blooper from VW!

Anurag.
Old 2nd September 2014, 19:55   #1956
Senior - BHPian

I know and that is why the confusion. Masking tape does not reflect, here is a close up of the tape that came on my car right here in good old Dilli.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc01406.jpg

Now on this Polo not only is the spoiler's top surface reflective like a glossy painted surface but the surface underneath is white too. I don't think an OEM would cover the underside.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc01405.jpg

Guess, this will be resolved only when either an owner posts or someone amongst us gets to see these vehicles in the flesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Look at the below image, though not in India but does convey the whole point.

Look at the part above the rear door, the same white protective cover is seen.
Old 2nd September 2014, 20:04   #1957
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now on this Polo not only is the spoiler's top surface reflective like a glossy painted surface but the surface underneath is white too.
khoj, the spoiler is glossy black irrespective of the car's color for the facelift GTs. The same applies for the door ORVMs as well. I am not sure of the second part i.e. the white surface underneath.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 20:44   #1958
BHPian

Quote:
Compared to the white shade of the car, to me it looks like a white film with black spoiler beneath it. Yep, that is definitely a white protective tape covering a black spoiler.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 00:19   #1959
BHPian

Did some digging and the new Polo and upcoming Fabia in EU is indeed coming with the EA211 1.2TSI motor. They somehow managed to fit it into a PQ25 platform. So i guess VW is using India as a dumping ground for last batches of the EA111 1.2TSI. Also if the new Fabia is launched in 2015, a little birdie tells me that it will definitely get the new EA211 DOHC unit.

Untill then we are stuck with the SOHC EA111 1.2TSI (which is itself a gem of an engine!)
Old 3rd September 2014, 01:07   #1960
BHPian

Quote:

Confusion Galore

Hello, the new GT comes with the gloss black spoiler, what you see is the protective tape used during transportation. I have just seen a white GT TSI with the masking tape being offloaded while I was at the dealership last week.
anshurao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 01:26   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Hello, the new GT comes with the gloss black spoiler, what you see is the protective tape used during transportation. I have just seen a white GT TSI with the masking tape being offloaded while I was at the dealership last week.
A white TSI was delivered last week to a lucky owner in Coimbatore. I can confirm that the ORVMs and spoiler were glossy black.
Old 3rd September 2014, 05:26   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Did some digging and the new Polo and upcoming Fabia in EU is indeed coming with the EA211 1.2TSI motor. They somehow managed to fit it into a PQ25 platform.
What I hear is that the Facelifted Polo and the New Fabia are based on a revamped PQ26 platform.
Old 3rd September 2014, 07:35   #1963
blr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
What I hear is that the Facelifted Polo and the New Fabia are based on a revamped PQ26 platform.
Indian or European Facelift?
Old 3rd September 2014, 07:48   #1964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Did some digging and the new Polo and upcoming Fabia in EU is indeed coming with the EA211 1.2TSI motor. They somehow managed to fit it into a PQ25 platform. So i guess VW is using India as a dumping ground for last batches of the EA111 1.2TSI. Also if the new Fabia is launched in 2015, a little birdie tells me that it will definitely get the new EA211 DOHC unit.

Untill then we are stuck with the SOHC EA111 1.2TSI (which is itself a gem of an engine!)
Any major changes in the EA211 1.2 TSI engine?
Old 3rd September 2014, 07:50   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr View Post
Indian or European Facelift?
Facelifted models are same and platform is something which remains same, there maybe difference in features and equipment list. They also had to make the revisions in the platform so that the new platform can accommodate newer VAG engines. Apart from it, the newer platform is more rigid and safer.
tbppjpr is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks