Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2014, 08:41   #1966
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Strangely VW India website still has old TSi photos and details updated.
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:06   #1967
BHPian

Any of you guys taking delivery of TSI planning to install the paddle shifters? Do you guys know if they can installed on the new stock steering wheel?
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:53   #1968
BHPian

Guys, getting my car within a week. This is primarily for my better half, so better ride and handling is more desirable than performance. Any recomendations for wheel(15"" to 16") or tyre(Low profile etc etc)upgrades/changes? The SA is saying that Caska and Blaupunkt audio systems are available with Navigation and rear camera. What is the better option? Will be upgrading that system for Navigation and Parking Camera only, sound quality by itself is not that big of an issue. Would appreciate fast responses as need to finalize things with the SA soon. Car was supposed to come in November, but he called and said 1 is available now in Steel Grey colour which is what I wanted.
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:18   #1969
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for confirming what I suspected all along. The edges are far too rough for it to be anything but a torn tape edge.

So with that settled can you guys also confirm regarding the parking sensors. Did the previous version come with these or whether they are a new feature. Again I suspect that these should be a dealer installed accessory and it seems the SA I am talking to does not have a very clear idea about the goings on at his end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Compared to the white shade of the car, to me it looks like a white film with black spoiler beneath it. Yep, that is definitely a white protective tape covering a black spoiler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Hello, the new GT comes with the gloss black spoiler, what you see is the protective tape used during transportation. I have just seen a white GT TSI with the masking tape being offloaded while I was at the dealership last week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post
A white TSI was delivered last week to a lucky owner in Coimbatore. I can confirm that the ORVMs and spoiler were glossy black.

I would suggest sticking to the stock size of 15" as going to 16" will necessitate change of alloys too. Better to get good rubber such as Michelin 3ST or Yokohama AVS dB or similar for good ride and low noise.

Regarding the HU, if sound of music is not an important factor go with the more economical one. There is no point on spending money on the Blaupunkt unless you are planning a speaker upgrade, amplifier and subwoofer install etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurva512 View Post
Guys, getting my car within a week. This is primarily for my better half, so better ride and handling is more desirable than performance. Any recomendations for wheel(15"" to 16") or tyre(Low profile etc etc)upgrades/changes? The SA is saying that Caska and Blaupunkt audio systems are available with Navigation and rear camera. What is the better option? Will be upgrading that system for Navigation and Parking Camera only, sound quality by itself is not that big of an issue.....

Last edited by khoj : 3rd September 2014 at 11:25. Reason: responding to an additional post
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:34   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
So with that settled can you guys also confirm regarding the parking sensors. Did the previous version come with these or whether they are a new feature. Again I suspect that these should be a dealer installed accessory and it seems the SA I am talking to does not have a very clear idea about the goings on at his end.

Hi khoj,

I test drove the 1.5 TDI Highline and the car had reverse parking sensors, so we can safely assume that the GT twins will also come with factory fitted parking sensors.
pc1686 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:48   #1971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hi khoj,

I test drove the 1.5 TDI Highline and the car had reverse parking sensors, so we can safely assume that the GT twins will also come with factory fitted parking sensors.
Are we simply referring to the beeping while reversing? With the beep tempo increasing as you get closer to obstruction? Then my new GT TSI has it! Didnt the old GT also had this feature? I think so.

VW refers to it as "Parking Distance Warning System" - only rear sensor for Polo's I guess.
amanomics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:16   #1972
BHPian

Thanks for the reply mate. Appreciate it. I also wasnt fully comfortable with changing alloys unless 16" offered much better ride. Will now stick to 15" wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

I would suggest sticking to the stock size of 15" as going to 16" will necessitate change of alloys too. Better to get good rubber such as Michelin 3ST or Yokohama AVS dB or similar for good ride and low noise.

Regarding the HU, if sound of music is not an important factor go with the more economical one. There is no point on spending money on the Blaupunkt unless you are planning a speaker upgrade, amplifier and subwoofer install etc etc.
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:41   #1973
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, getting my car within a week. This is primarily for my better half, so better ride and handling is more desirable than performance. Any recomendations for wheel(15"" to 16") or tyre(Low profile etc etc)upgrades/changes? The SA is saying that Caska and Blaupunkt audio systems are available with Navigation and rear camera. What is the better option? Will be upgrading that system for Navigation and Parking Camera only, sound quality by itself is not that big of an issue. Would appreciate fast responses as need to finalize things with the SA soon. Car was supposed to come in November, but he called and said 1 is available now in Steel Grey colour which is what I wanted.
Congrats on the new car.

Regarding the audio system I would opt for a RCD510 Delphi system that you can get from Aliexpress for cheap (about $100 including all cables). It works with the canbus wiring so the OPS would work with the parking sensors. Much cheaper and better option IMO if you are not worried too much about the audio quality.
Old 3rd September 2014, 13:01   #1974
BHPian

Thanks crskumar. Is the RCD 510 confirmed to be working without any extra cabling for the facelifted model? Also, my SA claims that VW does not provide front parking sensors as an add on. Is this true? What I had really hoped to get was a visual parking help like the system in the Passat, which shows the camera image with computer graphic of the car and obstructions on the side. Please let me know if/how I can get this on the Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post
Congrats on the new car.

Regarding the audio system I would opt for a RCD510 Delphi system that you can get from Aliexpress for cheap (about $100 including all cables). It works with the canbus wiring so the OPS would work with the parking sensors. Much cheaper and better option IMO if you are not worried too much about the audio quality.
Old 3rd September 2014, 13:13   #1975
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks crskumar. Is the RCD 510 confirmed to be working without any extra cabling for the facelifted model? Also, my SA claims that VW does not provide front parking sensors as an add on. Is this true? What I had really hoped to get was a visual parking help like the system in the Passat, which shows the camera image with computer graphic of the car and obstructions on the side. Please let me know if/how I can get this on the Polo
I know for a fact that RCD510 will work in the new Polo as long as you get the low line audio to high line audio HU adaptor and the fakra antenna convertor. From what I hear from the tech, the RCD510 conversion is very simple. The only catch is you can only connect a RGB camera with the RCD510. I am thinking about getting the VW Scirocco camera ($120) connected to the system. Checkout the DIY for RCD510 for more info. Here are a couple of link on installing the Scirocco RGB camera.
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/for...2283&start=140
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ra-install-DIY

As for the parking sensors, only rear ones are available on the Polo. I believe you will need to buy additional sensors and a control module. Someone here might be able to throw more light into how to get OPS working for the front.
Old 3rd September 2014, 14:10   #1976
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Between the Caska and the Blaupunkt, would recommend the Blaupunkt. I assume it is the Philadelphia 835. You can find details including pictures in my Vento TSI ownership thread. One thing I really like is that the unit enables visual display of the parking sensor data which is pretty good.
Old 3rd September 2014, 18:29   #1977
BHPian

Posting a picture of the alloys on my Passat. These are 16s and have beefy 215 section rubber on them. In my opinion they look great but what saddens me is that the Polo (3 segments lower) has the same design in 15. I am not sure how these look in 15 on the polo but 16s do look good.
I say this because a lot of people on the forum dislike these wheels on the Polo.
BTW mine are made in Spain.

Another quick question, Earlier the Polo GTs had wheels from Spain with diamond polish face but the regular models had indian wheels, although the design was exactly the same minus the polished face. Bhpian Robi had shared this info. (anyway to tag him :P )

Can anyone confirm if the current GT wheels are from Previous GTs or Previous Highline. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-123.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2014, 18:34   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Can anyone confirm if the current GT wheels are from Previous GTs or Previous Highline. Thanks

How to check? I posted pic of the new GT alloys few posts back. If you can have a look a tell?
Old 3rd September 2014, 18:44   #1979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
How to check? I posted pic of the new GT alloys few posts back. If you can have a look a tell?
Here, I am posting two pictures, from another thread on T-Bhp. The first Pic is from a GT TSi and has polished face (Made in Spain), The second has the same look but no polished face. These are basically replicas made in India.

The picture you shared isn't very clear to justify the difference between two wheels. Only if you could have a better look in person
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-pologttsialloy.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-poloindianalloys.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2014, 20:40   #1980
blr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
I say this because a lot of people on the forum dislike these wheels on the Polo.
That brings up an interesting point. So, we can keep the 'stock look' of the Polo if we put on the 16" wheels from the Passat? Will this be a direct fit in terms of PCD, offset, Hub bore etc? And how much would it cost to get a set of 4?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks